Jones: I would absolutely jump at the opportunity to have a super fight with Weidman!

Lol didn't jones say something one the lines of while back " Chris needs to beat a lot of people in MW, before he thought about fighting super fight" when Chris said he would 100% fight jones if UFC let him year or so go. But now he would do the fight if UFC made a match between them two. This dude back paddles a lot on what he says, he is a joke to me .

Maybe he changed his mind? Like is it possible for someone to change their mind ever at all? Once something is said in an interview is it forever set in stone? Maybe he was impressive by the Machida fight?

I would prefer him to fight Cain but I would cheer for The Chris and hope he could find a way to beat Jones.

The Chris still has 2-3 more wins before I would want it to happen.

You could say the same thing for Weidman

Weidman wants to move up in weight to challenge himself against the champ in the next weight class (JJ) and doesn't want to fight the champ below him (Hendricks).

No you can't say the same thing for Weidman at all. And what WWs is he fighting?

If Weidman beats Vitor and the Jacare/Mousasi winner, he will not have much to prove at the MW division.

The fight would make sense then.

I disagree with most of you, I think Jones is incredibly brave to offer to face Weidman!! Weidman might break Jones in two if Jones went down to 185 or probably even catchweight.

I assume that is what he meant when he said he'd fight Weidman. There is no way Jones could have meant that he would only fight Weidman at 205... cause that would just make him look like a big vagina. And we all know Jones is super brave and not a vagina at all.

Apart from JDS who did beat Cain...

And he's fighting a small HW at LHW. Totally different. LHWs could beat Fedor at LHW. It's not the same thing.

A middleweight beat Fedor at HW...

Bad example.

Weidman wants to move up in weight to challenge himself against the champ in the next weight class (JJ) and doesn't want to fight the champ below him (Hendricks).

No you can't say the same thing for Weidman at all. And what WWs is he fighting?

My post went over your head

I'll let you figure it out for yourself though

He might not like it when Weidman is using his head as a basketball

I dont know why people are bashing Jones so much. He actually came off very respectfull towards Weidman by saying things like he respects Weidman as a champion and also respects Weidman as a person.

He was asked a question whether he wants to fight another Champion, who has expressed an interest in fighting him, who is also from New York, in New York.

...ZOMG!!1! Weidman is in Jones' head.

He was asked a question, and he answered it. Let's stop pretending that he is clamoring for this fight because this is the first time this statement has been broken out.

Cain Velaquez has 40-45 lbs on Bones while Weidman could EASILY fight LHW. Would not be surprised Weidman's and Bones walking weight is close to even.

nah, DC would get starched and he knows it.

Fighting Cain in Mexico City for the HW Championship would be a way bigger deal to me but im not quite so sure about the average fan.

You do know DC is cains wrestling coach right?

He wants to add another middleweight to his title defenses

Back