Jon Jones issues apology to fans, Stipe Miocic following #UFC295 withdrawal

Do you accept?

• Total voters
Rest easy GOAT, I will wait with patient for your comeback to smash Miocic and retire like the you you already are.

Ya hear that Jones fans? Yall must forgive his injury, inactivity, his failed tests, cheating, eye pokes, lack of integrity when it comes to scandals he has been involved in (hit and run), etc

Jones will never have a fan in me
{<BJPeen}

Apologize for dodging Francis ... for 3 fucking years

{<hhh]

All I know is... Dana invited Fedor to the UFC. And a famous saying goes

only-one-there-can-be-only-one.gif

Lol Dana can... Nvm ;)

Jon Jones ruining another event with another fake ass long winded speech? Fuck the apology.
As far as I’m concerned he should never be forgiven or Fedor.. I can never forgive how Fedor continuously came back to face more legitimate competition outside of steroid sanctioned Pride and came back fat sloppy and was beaten and besmirched repeatedly. I believed in him and he let me down 10 TIMES. He became a joke for more than half his career. I can never forgive the poor fat slob in your pic
Lol that's what the old anibolics did. Once you were on em u had no chance of being anything without trt. Permanently fuck up your hormones

Sure I accept, but mostly because I don’t care. I’m neutral about Jones. Be cool to see him fight again, but it doesn’t matter much overall because at the end of the day, he beat a one dimensional kick boxer in his comeback and then will most likely beat a 42 year old part time fighter in Stipe who will not have fought in about Lord knows how long by the time they actually fight.

This fight is meaningless to me and won’t prove anything if he wins. Let’s take another even bigger step down and have him fight Fedor in a one off deal while we are at it. Gets to beat another HW GOAT candidate that’s even more over the hill.

Like I said, I’m neutral about him. Not a hater by any means, I think he is a special kind of talent, but it just feels like his comeback was underwhelming and kind of pointless.

Oh well, that is his right. Moving on if that is the case.

View attachment 1008880

Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight champion Jon Jones is in good spirits despite suffering a serious injury requiring months of recovery.

Jones (27-1, 1 NC) is determined to make a return to the Octagon as soon as he can, after being forced out of his UFC 295 title fight with Stipe Miocic (20-4) due to a shoulder injury. About two and a half weeks before the highly anticipated heavyweight title attraction, UFC CEO Dana White announced that Jones had suffered a pectoral tear during a grappling session that would require surgery.

With Jones on the shelf for a prolonged period, the promotion elected to create an interim heavyweight strap. Vying for the newly created belt will be top contenders Tom Aspinall and Sergei Pavlovich, who will be stepping up on extremely short notice in the co-main event of UFC 295. Jones (27-1) took to social media on Thursday to address his withdrawal, and apologize to his opponent as well as the fans.

“Thank you to everybody who’s checked in with me to see how I was feeling,” Jones said. “Obviously, a very sad situation…very upset. But I’ve been through a lot of things in life, and injuries [are] a part of being an athlete. I want to thank the UFC for getting me into one of the best doctors in the country, Dr. [Neal ElAttrache]. Thank you to Dr. ElAttrache and his staff members over here in California for seeing me so quick.”

Jones continued, “I wanted to say thank you to Stipe Miocic for all the work that he’s put in. Also, sorry to Stipe and his team. Like I said, this comes with the territory. [I’d like to] thank all my coaches and training partners, everyone who has helped me get this far – can’t even say get to the fight. But the goal is to get surgery tomorrow and get back to work as soon as possible. I guess it’ll be Stipe and I at a later date, and that’s my plan.”

As per the statement issued by White, Jones could possibly be out for eight months following surgery scheduled for Friday. Despite the uphill battle ahead, “Bones” seems optimistic about his recovery process.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/J...pe-Miocic-Following-UFC-295-Withdrawal-191527

He
Should be sorry. He ducked HW for over a decade. Dodges the epic hw Era. Got beat up at lhw and he fled the sport for 3 yrs. Ducked Reyes rematch. Popped for gear so many times, should be lifetime ban camp.

1 fight in 4 years? Can you say KO incoming if he dares to fight again.

Sure I accept, but mostly because I don’t care. I’m neutral about Jones. Be cool to see him fight again, but it doesn’t matter much overall because at the end of the day, he beat a one dimensional kick boxer in his comeback and then will most likely beat a 42 year old part time fighter in Stipe who will not have fought in about Lord knows how long by the time they actually fight.

This fight is meaningless to me and won’t prove anything if he wins. Let’s take another even bigger step down and have him fight Fedor in a one off deal while we are at it. Gets to beat another HW GOAT candidate that’s even more over the hill.

Like I said, I’m neutral about him. Not a hater by any means, I think he is a special kind of talent, but it just feels like his comeback was underwhelming and kind of pointless.

Oh well, that is his right. Moving on if that is the case.

Added to the fact, GEAR more times thrn enough for lifetime ban, and DUCKING HW for over a decade. Unbelievable ducking.

Oooof. 8 month recovery? N it’s not like the ufc is gonna book him vs stipe until he’s fully healed. So realistically, with the recovery, fight booking and promotion leading up to the fight, we’re looking at around one year until we see this fight. At which point stipe will be on the shelf for damn near 5 years n one year older. Rooting for stipe but jones is gonna slaughter him.

feel like it could also work to Stipe's advantage if he continues to train or be disciplined

feel like it could also work to Stipe's advantage if he continues to train or be disciplined
Hopefully. I just look at how DC kind of deteriorated every year he got older so I’m using that as a measuring stick. Hopefully that’s not the case for stipe but the ring rust n the age makes me a bit nervous, especially since there’s nothing I’d love more than to see jon jones go out with a loss.

So many haters. Whether you like him or not he got injured on a weird takedown.

Sure. Pavlovich vs Aspinall is the better fight.

We can also see Uber Jones in the future.

Back