Joe Rogan went nuts " Mighty Mouse is better than Fedor"

It's odd to me that u have so many posts, and have been around for a while, but don't know that Fedor was in the best Heavyweight division during his prime.

Also that u define winning a fight, getting overzealous, and getting KO'd in an awkward scramble as getting "1 punched"

And finally, that u define signing up for a Grand Prix that includes a fighter, then getting eliminated before facing said fighter, as "ducking".

Strikeforce-HWs-Group-Shot.jpg

But carry on with ur narrative...

REEM: Fedor Refused To Fight Me Twice
“I really tried to make that fight happen in 2011, for June, when I fought Werdum, and even after that fight. And both times he declined. And that actually was the end of it.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/11overeem-i-tried-to-fight-fedor-twice-he-refused/

200x200px-ZC-564c440b_black-kid-oh-snap.gif

Twice + the 3 fight losing streak + getting 1punched by a 9-12 UFC MW 0-4 in title shots all by gifts.

Goat can crusher got crushed by a can in his last fight.

Guy works for the UFC. of course he's going to be biased. I think most people who followed the sport realize Fedor is the goat.

Goat can crusher. Runner up is Khabob who is closing in on the title. Also recently added ducking to his resume hours before a fight.

I liked how on LAST UFC card Cruz was opposing anything Rogan said and Rogan had to be quiet because there wasnt Mike Goldberg on the other side it was Cruz who could beat the shit out of Rogaine

Cruz cannot beat the shit out of Rogan. He was having flash backs from the CoGar mugging.

Goat can crusher. Runner up is Khabob who is closing in on the title. Also recently added ducking to his resume hours before a fight.

Did he take fights against guys that had no business being in the ring with him? Sure did... but it doesn't take away from his victories against some of the best of the era. IMO the only person with a resume even close to as impressive is GSP

I like how Rogaine says Mighty Mouse is p4p no:1 but when MM fought for BW title he lost to Cruz that dosent compute

MM is p4p but couldn't win the BW title...

MM beat Wilson Reis, guess he's better than Fedor...

<DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH>

Joe Rogan is a myopic mook.

"Ronda Rousey is a 10" - Joe Rogan

2E75AD1100000578-3319107-image-m-81_1447571772262.jpg

33OEfil.gif

Rogan is constantly proving his critics right.

He is a complete wackjob.

I don't even know if he was ever a reasonably intelligent MMA analyst.

Of course he is.

He's a better striker and a better grappler skill-wise. No debate. Fedor reigned during the era of MMA where the men's HW division was filled with fighters who were WMMA level of one-dimensional.

Fedor was awesome, but is overrated, as is anyone who reaches a pinnacle. He was never THAT MUCH better than those around him, but we hyperbolize greatness as a rule.

On the other side - a lot of people play both sides when it comes to small vs big fighters. Of COURSE small guys move better, have more agility, and tire later - they are carrying way less mass around, for fuck sakes. The p4p thing usually says, "if that little guy was just big enough to trade punches with, or didn't give size away in wrestling to that big guy, he would beat him" but we never say, " damn, that big guy moves well for 240! What if he was 140?"

As far as Rogan goes - I'm actually not against the idea that Mouse is better than Fedor.... but now that that fucked up retard has said so, I'm rethinking my position.

Of course he is.

He's a better striker and a better grappler skill-wise. No debate. Fedor reigned during the era of MMA where the men's HW division was filled with fighters who were WMMA level of one-dimensional.
Unlike now, where it is filled with guys like Arlovski, Overeem, Hunt.. oh, fuck my tits.... well, they are old now, soooo they .... probably improved or something.

Of course he is.

It can be argued that MM is a better fighter than Fedor ever was (he's still likely a bit behind in accomplishments, so I certainly wouldn't call him greater yet, though), but the HW division's general skill level is no higher now than it was then (total skill level and depth is arguably lower). Guys like prime Cro Cop, Barnett, Nogueira, and Kharitonov would all have every chance of being elite in the current HW division, and I don't think there is any doubt Fedor himself would be elite (and have a good chance at still being the best HW in the world).

200x200px-ZC-564c440b_black-kid-oh-snap.gif

Twice + the 3 fight losing streak + getting 1punched by a 9-12 UFC MW 0-4 in title shots all by gifts.

Goat can crusher got crushed by a can in his last fight.

You do realize that any speculation on why Fedor turned down Overeem is complete conjecture..?

But them both signing to fight in the Grand Prix and planning on facing each other in a later round is fact..?

Also, u do see that everyone in the Grand Prix is at least 30 pounds bigger than Fedor, even before all the gear they're on..?

P4P at the moment - yes.
P4P GOAT - Hell No

I don't get why you people think those two go hand-in-hand with each other.

This isn't crazy talk....

MM is the closest thing to a perfect fighter we will ever see.

You do realize that any speculation on why Fedor turned down Overeem is complete conjecture..?

But them both signing to fight in the Grand Prix and planning on facing each other in a later round is fact..?

Also, u do see that everyone in the Grand Prix is at least 30 pounds bigger than Fedor, even before all the gear they're on..?

Fedor wanted extra testing and Overeem was blatantly doping. That's not ducking as far as I'm concerned (the other guy posting about it trolls every topic, he's not posting in earnest). The size differences do get played up a tad, though. Fedor wasn't meaningfully smaller than his two greatest contemporaries. He weighed right around what Cro Cop and Nog did (more than Cro Cop and Nog at different points in their careers, actually). The majority of the greatest HWs of all time haven't been anymore than 240 in peak shape (Fedor was 230-235 at his peak). Most of Fedor's game was based off speed and explosion, anyway. Honestly, that's probably the biggest reason for his decline other than the fact that he stopped caring about training (sharp decline of his exceptional speed and reflexes).

Da fuq? So Rogan's argument is he never saw Fedor live? lmao and thats why MM is better...sounds like another lame attempt at UFC promotion. Fedor fought savages with legit KO power in his prime. Flyweight is basically midget MMA. Get Real.

Of course he is.

I'm sorry... How many heavyweight champions have there been in this new Stripe era?

Back