Joe Rogan: Floyd Mayweather has no chance against Conor McGregor, but CM Punk different story

I disagre. Firsr this was all intentional. they ve been stealing fans from wwe for some years after realizing the potential. The issue is that this sport is probably the worst to associate with entertaining. It is fighting and is is different.morally and physically.

Oh I absolutely agree with what you say here. But the entertainment element is real and the UFC has proven unable to resist the temptation to set aside true competition and sporting in favour of money fights and entertainment.

My position is that if you're going down that road, to just say it like it is and accept both. This is where Pride succeeded and the UFC fails - the freakshow / money / fun fights didn't interfere with the true competition.

I'd rather a UFC that holds freakshow money fights because they're fun, not because they've pieced together an insulting excuse to try and legitimize them.

That’s literally the problem imo. WMMA can be clunky and doesn’t always deliver, but you preferring Freeman vs Hopkins has literally 0 to do with martial arts.
disagree. freeman is known for his spinning backfist on set. hopkins is welsh so he must be into rugby and bumming sheep ( embrace the grind)

?

What's supposed to be shocking about this?

Reserve the facepalm for yourself.

OBVIOUSLY the guy whose MMA career consists of getting subbed in 30 seconds is a more beatable opponent than the guy who is a double champion in the UFC......

How retarded are people on sherdog, I’ll never be able to grasp it. It’s beyond my imagination how stupid people are on here i can’t even.......

Thanks captain obvious

I love Joe Rogan but he never fought in mma professionally. He is just a glorified gym rat at this point. Let's also not forget he is 50 years old. CM Punk would likely sleep Rogan Romero style.

LOL what the fuck?

Joe would kick a hole in CM Punks stomach.

LOL what the fuck?

Joe would kick a hole in CM Punks stomach.

Yea because Joe Rogan has so many UFC fights under his belt right? Joe Rogan isnt a 50 year old manlet whom has never stepped in octagon as a professional fighter right?

That really would be an easy fight for CM Punk.

I would still want Rogan to win. But it would likely end with Rogan leaving in stretcher.

He fought 3x in kickboxing and was a national TKD champ.

So that means he is a UFC professional fighter? Wow are people on Sherdog really trying to see Joe Rogan get murdered in the octagon by a wwe wrestler?

this is an actual money fight. they could do another world press tour with this.it wouldn't be a novelty fight either. Former wwe champion cm punk would actually stand a chance against floyd in mma. the marketing would be off the wall . WWE vs boxing. The ultimate showdown. The biggest crossover of all time. Hogan vs tyson

With his hand issues and those glove not to mention if a kick catches his hand

Wait so he is actually promoting the idea that CM punk should fight him? Is that what I just heard?

Hard werk!
tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

The fact that he is getting a second opportunity is so embarrassing for the sport. This is like somebody who is a rich businessman that lives in Cleveland, and he is a huge Cavs and LeBron James fan. So the owner allows him to practice with the team occasionally, then takes it a step further gives him a jersey and puts him at the end of the bench. He can’t play but he is down with the team and the owner, It’s embarrassing.

So that means he is a UFC professional fighter? Wow are people on Sherdog really trying to see Joe Rogan get murdered in the octagon by a wwe wrestler?

No it means that he know how to fight (unlike CM Punk).

No it means that he know how to fight (unlike CM Punk).

Fighting in Karate tournaments 30 years ago doesn't mean u can compete professionally in the UFC. I'm sorry I love Rogan but that's ridiculous.

Rogan is a fan like all the Sherdoggers here. A very rich one but still...just a fan.

Fighting in Karate tournaments 30 years ago doesn't mean u can compete professionally in the UFC. I'm sorry I love Rogan but that's ridiculous.

Rogan is a fan like all the Sherdoggers here. A very rich one but still...just a fan.
Against an elite fighter he would get smoked, but we're talking about CM Punk; who clearly does not belong in the UFC himself. Joe also has kickboxing/muay thai experience. He even had a few kickboxing fights, on top of this he has a black belt in 10th planet BJJ. He would literally destroy CM Punk anywhere the fight went.

Against an elite fighter he would get smoked, but we're talking about CM Punk; who clearly does not belong in the UFC himself. Joe also has kickboxing/muay thai experience. He even had a few kickboxing fights, on top of this he has a black belt in 10th planet BJJ. He would literally destroy CM Punk anywhere the fight went.

He is also 50 years old. He might look in shape but under constant pressure in the cage I doubt he could last very long.

We all know CM Punk is going to bring fire this time.

Floyd is very talented with footwork and angles. His ability to learn TDD might end up being surprising.

Or might not.

But I'd watch.

They need to start adding CUFC (celebrity UFC) fights to cards. Get celebs who train a lil' bit and match them up. Huge influx in ratings and I'd lol my head off watching that shit way more than watching all the bs matchups they make already... like immediate title rematches and "money fights"....

If we're going circus - let's REALLY go circus...

Hard werk!
tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

This man, in a fight, with arguably the greatest boxer ever, would do what exactly? Come on guys.

I understand supporting your sport MMA fans, but Punk isn't an MMA fighter. He wouldn't choke out Floyd, he wouldn't take down Floyd. He'd get punched, a lot, very quickly, and that'd be the end of it.

How is this even a thing anyone is talking about. Punk had a hard time getting down to 170 and Floyd couldn’t get to 170 if he was wearing Mighty Mouse as a backpack.

Back