Joe Rogan: Floyd Mayweather has no chance against Conor McGregor, but CM Punk different story

?

What's supposed to be shocking about this?

Reserve the facepalm for yourself.

OBVIOUSLY the guy whose MMA career consists of getting subbed in 30 seconds is a more beatable opponent than the guy who is a double champion in the UFC......

Floyd has zero chance against Conor in an mma fight. Conor hung in boxing for 10 rounds against Floyd and was competitive in the early going. That's more than enough time to kick his legs out or take him down and easily submit him in an mma fight.

For one thing he's been training mma for 4 years and is a BJJ blue belt. What has Floyd been doing? I realize he would destroy CM Punk standing but what is his ground game like? Does he have the ability to prevent a guy who outweighs him by 40 lbs from taking him down? I'm pretty sure Punk would have his way with Floyd on the ground, the only question is whether he could get it there before getting KOd (by a much smaller guy who isn't a power puncher).

It doesn't matter how good at boxing Floyd is. He is toast if he can't defend the takedown. We've seen it over and over.

with those small 4oz gloves floyd will be power puncher by mma standards against anyone up to 170.he does have insane speed n accuracy but yeah if it goes down to the ground he is done against good fighter.cm punk vs floyd would look like nunez vs rhonda am convinced

Last edited:

What happened to Floyd training celebrities to beat up Chris Brown?

Lol CM Punk

If it happened I’d bet Holly Holm would push his shit in in a fight

I love Joe Rogan but he never fought in mma professionally. He is just a glorified gym rat at this point. Let's also not forget he is 50 years old. CM Punk would likely sleep Rogan Romero style.
lol what?

Rogan's been training jiu jitsu for over 20 years, he's a black belt under Eddie bravo and Machado in the gi. He was a high level TKD pracittioner, did a ton of training with kickboxing / muay thai great Rob Kaman. He would demolish him on the feet easily

if it ended up on the ground, he'd strangle the life out of him within like 15 seconds.

lol what?

Rogan's been training jiu jitsu for over 20 years, he's a black belt under Eddie bravo and Machado in the gi. He was a high level TKD pracittioner, did a ton of training with kickboxing / muay thai great Rob Kaman. He would demolish him on the feet easily

if it ended up on the ground, he'd strangle the life out of him within like 15 seconds.

Wow the delusional fandom is REAL.

lol what?

Nah, CM Punk def. Joe Rogan via USADA

Thank god CM Punk doesn't have to fight Aleksander Emelianenko!

bored6.gif

Philips looks like heroin addict
Which is ironic, cause he's the least likely in the company to use either drugs of recreation or performance.

I actually agree with Joe on this one. CM Punk is fucking awful standing up and Floyd is a freaking ghost. CM Punk hasn't got strong enough wrestling to pressure Floyd and getting a decent takedown opportunity.

Now if CM Punk can eat a punch and get hold of Floyd then even at his blue belt level, he should be able to man handle Floyd.

Oh yeah. We haven't seen yet a judo olimpic medalist failing at taking down a boxer with some basic training in tdd...oh wait.

Eddie Bravo black belt and former TKD state champ?

Guy who couldn't throw a punch after 2 years?

Hmmmmmmm.....

It's funny this aurea around Rogan being some kind of mma fighter...kust because he did jits for 20 years...at least punk got into the octagon. Joe talks and talks...

He'srightyouknow.jpg

UFC dun goofed by trying to run the moral high ground over Pride. Now they're too deep to go back and have to find ways to legitimize the entertainment aspect that they tried so hard to avoid.

Mayweather vs Punk is a no brainer, this sort of fight would make the UFC serious coin, bring many eyes onto the sport and probably even making for a entertaining fight. But the UFC isn't smart enough to understand that "entertainment" and "sport" can exist alongside each other just fine.

I disagre. Firsr this was all intentional. they ve been stealing fans from wwe for some years after realizing the potential. The issue is that this sport is probably the worst to associate with entertaining. It is fighting and is is different.morally and physically.

Joe Rogan doesn't like CM Punk, I think

lol what?

Yet he hasn't fought once in mma.like me buying 10 Ferrari and pretending i could win in f1.

Back