Joe Rogan: Floyd Mayweather has no chance against Conor McGregor, but CM Punk different story

This is really what we’re talking about?! Mayweather vs CM Punk?! Fuck it, you people deserve the WME era, this thread is the antithesis of martial arts

Mayweather would smash CM Punk. I know Mayweather only cares about money, but surely even he would not sink so low just for a pay day.

really?

;)

Last edited:
This is really what we’re talking about?! Mayweather vs CM Punk?! Fuck it, you people deserve the WME era, this thread is the antithesis of martial arts

Is this what it took to crack you?

I agree, Floyd starches Punk. But I don't need to see Punk making $100 million off of Floyd for doing absolutely nothing. Feed him to the Power Ranger, the guy he's ducking.

Is this what it took to crack you?
<Fedor23>
I mean, I’m having a nice evening, but it did catch my attention and got a response, so yes?
To clarify, I still don’t like the merits of CM “fighting” in the UFC, but I’m not losing any sleep over it

Joe Rogan should fight CM Punk. Sad truth is Joe would probably lose.

I think Phillip should put his money where his mouth is and fight Romero.

giphy.gif

id be happy with morgan freeman vs anthony hopkins over any wmma shit. we lost all rights to be judgemental when we allowed that in.

Eddie Bravo black belt and former TKD state champ?

Guy who couldn't throw a punch after 2 years?

Hmmmmmmm.....

I love Joe Rogan but he never fought in mma professionally. He is just a glorified gym rat at this point. Let's also not forget he is 50 years old. CM Punk would likely sleep Rogan Romero style.

“Listen, if this fight takes place, Floyd doesn’t have a chance. (Against CM Punk), Floyd’s got a real chance.

Really Joe?

tenor.gif

Is that a typo or did you mean to reference floyd twice -- both with and without a chance?

He'srightyouknow.jpg

UFC dun goofed by trying to run the moral high ground over Pride. Now they're too deep to go back and have to find ways to legitimize the entertainment aspect that they tried so hard to avoid.

Mayweather vs Punk is a no brainer, this sort of fight would make the UFC serious coin, bring many eyes onto the sport and probably even making for a entertaining fight. But the UFC isn't smart enough to understand that "entertainment" and "sport" can exist alongside each other just fine.

Are you guys fucking serious?. CM wouldn't even come close to doing anything. Thats like saying Connor wouldn't beat low level boxers.

For one thing he's been training mma for 4 years and is a BJJ blue belt. What has Floyd been doing? I realize he would destroy CM Punk standing but what is his ground game like? Does he have the ability to prevent a guy who outweighs him by 40 lbs from taking him down? I'm pretty sure Punk would have his way with Floyd on the ground, the only question is whether he could get it there before getting KOd (by a much smaller guy who isn't a power puncher).

It doesn't matter how good at boxing Floyd is. He is toast if he can't defend the takedown. We've seen it over and over.

id be happy with morgan freeman vs anthony hopkins over any wmma shit. we lost all rights to be judgemental when we allowed that in.
That’s literally the problem imo. WMMA can be clunky and doesn’t always deliver, but you preferring Freeman vs Hopkins has literally 0 to do with martial arts.

Its honestly a more interesting fight than Floyd vs. a legitimate mma fighter. I don't care what Floyd accomplished in the sport of boxing. He has no ground game and he isn't a power puncher. Anyone currently fighting at 145 would wreck him. Punk is the one guy in the UFC that truly doesn't deserve to be there. So him vs. Floyd is actually interesting because we don't know if he can take Floyd down or not.

Now that’s I fight I would pay W to see.

CMpink v MoneyMay.

Make it happen you fucking bald Goof!!

“Listen, if this fight takes place, Floyd doesn’t have a chance. (Against CM Punk), Floyd’s got a real chance.

Really Joe?

tenor.gif
?

What's supposed to be shocking about this?

Reserve the facepalm for yourself.

OBVIOUSLY the guy whose MMA career consists of getting subbed in 30 seconds is a more beatable opponent than the guy who is a double champion in the UFC......

With his recent resurgence I'd like to see JCVD get a crack at Mayweather.
In a street fight with groin strikes etc. I got Jean all day.

Back