Joe Rogan Experience #1080 - David Goggins

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by vcmmafan, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Dude, his primary messages that we all can do waaay more than we realize. Since you agree, I have no idea why you wasted your time writing all that.

no fat chicks likes this.
  2. This is what happens when you don’t listen and just interpret everything according to your own biases and preconceive notions.

3. He also has sickle cell and a hole in his heart. Generic gifts indeed. But I think you’re missing the point, which is that all of us can push further, much further, than we realize. And since we don’t know what the limit is, how can you honestly claim certain achievements require a certain gift? You don’t know. It’s an assumption.

I’m not saying this is you, but often times people dismiss the achievements of others as being due to some genetic gift merely to give themselves an excuse for their own shortcomings.

4. Nameless Ghoul

Nameless Ghoul Brown Belt

Really interesting guy and message.

5. CWMMA

CWMMA Green Belt

I think that is the only way to live. To many people settle for whats comfortable and never actually LIVE

6. D Train

D Train Silver Belt

I’m with you man, but if you’re counting on breaking records for fulfillment, you’ll come up empty at the end.

7. TheLastSpartan

TheLastSpartan Blue Belt

You clearly did not comprehend my post because I was stating that despite me agreeing with the claim that ppl can do much more than they realize, I firmly disagree that anyone can achieve what Goggins has. I thought that was apparent but guess not.

Sharon Peters likes this.
  8. LuchaBear

LuchaBear The Last Son of Harpy

Those damn milkshakes!
    :rustled:

RollSonnenRoll likes this.
  9. RollSonnenRoll

RollSonnenRoll You don't ever disclose The Business

I love junk food as much as anybody but I don't know how you live with yourself drinking a milkshake and eating a box of donuts on your drive home every single night. That's gotta make you feel like shit and not even taste good after while

LuchaBear likes this.
  10. IloveTHIS

IloveTHIS Silver Belt

I know some of you will laugh and doubt but this podcast changed my life. I have never been a runner but now I am going to run 150 miles. I went from 5 miles on the first day, then 10 miles the next. Next run will be 20 miles.

I will hit 150 miles before the end of the year.

11. You're arguing against a straw man then. No one made that claim. So basically you're whining for no reason.

12. They remind me of liberals that claim speech is violence. Deeply insecure people that are just slaves to their irrational emotions. Just reacting like animals. Not thinking.

13. Rozko

Rozko Brown Belt

Pararescue's indoc is no fucking joke. Those dudes are some hard motherfuckers, polar opposite of the rest of the chairforce.

Sharon Peters likes this.
  14. Hidden_Hand

Hidden_Hand Purple Belt

Just listened to this guy and he is amazing, can't believe at 24 he was 300 pounds and working a dead end job crying because he couldn't run a quarter mile.

I do wish he spoke more about his combat in the SEALs and time at war but not sure he is allowed to?

15. therealdope

therealdope Steel Belt

Ya your will power is astounding, after one run you were already looking to PEDs.

16. vcmmafan

vcmmafan Dark Knight Returns

Recent podcast:

17. mrsenor

mrsenor Brown Belt

leg development

[​IMG]