Joe Rogan Experience #1080 - David Goggins

Lol I literally echoed his point in my post. And yes he is a special breed of person regardless if he thinks he isn't. His accomplishments confirm that. That's not me writing him off its me acknowledging that this man is driven like no other and that's what separates him from most ppl.

Exceptional willpower and drive to the point of achieving these insanely difficult feats makes him different because the overwhelming majority of ppl are not like that. And no, not everyone can just do what he's done, though I do agree that most ppl are unaware of their true human potential.
Dude, his primary messages that we all can do waaay more than we realize. Since you agree, I have no idea why you wasted your time writing all that.

This guy was intense. I really liked the interview. But man oh man did He have some racial animosity. Underlying but noticeable. Like talking about being a black guy on the seal teams and whatnot. Or distance running. His mom is white and he seems to hate his black dad, and he talked about using sickle cell as an excuse. He identifies as black maybe bc of the shitty lot he had in life, but I think I sense some self loathing in that interview. Maybe why he seems to be continuously pissed. I dunno, just a thought.
This is what happens when you don’t listen and just interpret everything according to your own biases and preconceive notions.

He can make that claim as many times as he likes, and you're more than welcome to take the bait, but before he was a SEAL and before he was 300lbs, he was already a member of one of the toughest special forces units in the military. The guy has genetic gifts and to deny that is just being dishonest.
He also has sickle cell and a hole in his heart. Generic gifts indeed. But I think you’re missing the point, which is that all of us can push further, much further, than we realize. And since we don’t know what the limit is, how can you honestly claim certain achievements require a certain gift? You don’t know. It’s an assumption.

I’m not saying this is you, but often times people dismiss the achievements of others as being due to some genetic gift merely to give themselves an excuse for their own shortcomings.

I’ve been listening to this in pieces. Really cool story. Dude certainly overcame a lot. I would contend that there’s more to life than mental toughness, pushing yourself, and breaking records. None of those are bad, but if that’s your life, it’s going to be an empty life.
Near the end, he says he’s done all of this so he’ll be proud of himself at the end of his life. The problem is, he’ll never know if he’s done enough. He’ll just have to never stop working, never stop achieving, never stop pushing then HOPE he’s done enough. That’s an empty way to live.
I am in awe of his ability to push through physical pain though.

I think that is the only way to live. To many people settle for whats comfortable and never actually LIVE

I think that is the only way to live. To many people settle for whats comfortable and never actually LIVE
I’m with you man, but if you’re counting on breaking records for fulfillment, you’ll come up empty at the end.

Dude, his primary messages that we all can do waaay more than we realize. Since you agree, I have no idea why you wasted your time writing all that.

You clearly did not comprehend my post because I was stating that despite me agreeing with the claim that ppl can do much more than they realize, I firmly disagree that anyone can achieve what Goggins has. I thought that was apparent but guess not.

I like how he quit on himself multiple times. That's a ton more realistic then people who have some magical no turning back moment and turn into who they want to be overnight

Those damn milkshakes!
:rustled:

Those damn milkshakes!
:rustled:
I love junk food as much as anybody but I don't know how you live with yourself drinking a milkshake and eating a box of donuts on your drive home every single night. That's gotta make you feel like shit and not even taste good after while

I know some of you will laugh and doubt but this podcast changed my life. I have never been a runner but now I am going to run 150 miles. I went from 5 miles on the first day, then 10 miles the next. Next run will be 20 miles.

I will hit 150 miles before the end of the year.

You clearly did not comprehend my post because I was stating that despite me agreeing with the claim that ppl can do much more than they realize, I firmly disagree that anyone can achieve what Goggins has. I thought that was apparent but guess not.
You're arguing against a straw man then. No one made that claim. So basically you're whining for no reason.

I don't get the hate either.
They remind me of liberals that claim speech is violence. Deeply insecure people that are just slaves to their irrational emotions. Just reacting like animals. Not thinking.

Marines are PT animals...not sure how deep into basic training the specialized units try to recruit Marines, but Goggins went from streets to passing one of the most difficult fitness tests the military has to offer after 3 weeks of AIR FORCE basic and PT...prior to the Air Force's PT overhaul. It probably involved a donut eating contest, 6 push ups and a quarter mile walk a day.
Pararescue's indoc is no fucking joke. Those dudes are some hard motherfuckers, polar opposite of the rest of the chairforce.

Just listened to this guy and he is amazing, can't believe at 24 he was 300 pounds and working a dead end job crying because he couldn't run a quarter mile.

I do wish he spoke more about his combat in the SEALs and time at war but not sure he is allowed to?

I know some of you will laugh and doubt but this podcast changed my life. I have never been a runner but now I am going to run 150 miles. I went from 5 miles on the first day, then 10 miles the next. Next run will be 20 miles.

Ya your will power is astounding, after one run you were already looking to PEDs.

leg development

4359156.0.jpg

Back