Joe Rogan Experience #1080 - David Goggins

i don't get the hate for the JRE, not rogan himself, but the podcast

He stays having interesting guests from a variety of backgrounds, and he also asks really good questions to keep the convo going

Please provide me some evidence supporting your idea of being a "freak stamina wise". He wasn't born with stamina. No one is. You have to earn it through hard work. That's what you're missing here.

The evidence would be the people he outperformed who came into the military while already training specifically to be Special Forces but never even making past the initial fitness exam.

I realize you've never been in the military, so it's probably tough to understand, but these jobs are often actively recruited in basic training. Basically an open try out. In a class of 50 we had our 4 top performers try out and come back with their tails between their legs.

You either have the natural gifts, Goggins did, the training, or both.

Dude is legit doesn't compare to ARMY infantry. But I can respect him anyway.

i don't get the hate for the JRE, not rogan himself, but the podcast

He stays having interesting guests from a variety of backgrounds, and he also asks really good questions to keep the convo going
There's a reason why its the largest, most popular podcast in the world. People can talk all the shit they want to. The numbers speak for themselves.

The evidence would be the people he outperformed who came into the military while already training specifically to be Special Forces but never even making past the initial fitness exam.

I realize you've never been in the military, so it's probably tough to understand, but these jobs are often actively recruited in basic training. Basically an open try out. In a class of 50 we had our 4 top performers try out and come back with their tails between their legs.

An anecdote =/= evidence.

Washout rates aren't anecdotal...and anecdotally, he admitted that he didn't train to be special forces when he joined the Air Force.
There is no scientific basis for "freak stamina" is what im getting at. Clearly the guy didnt have "freak stamina" when he started out. He couldn't even run a 1/4 mile dude. He had to put in the work. Yeah, he didn't train to be special forces when he joined the air force, but he put in the work regardless and did it.

Again, he didn't start out not being able to run a 1/4 mile. Pay attention, fuck boi, at that point he had already been a part of an elite special ops unit in the Air Force and separated. It was prior to his second enlistment that he had issues with weight and fitness...which like most physical freaks of nature, he took to like a fish in water prior to joining one of the world's most elite special forces units...for the second time.

Honestly, the dude is an extremist. Seems like he started running from a problem and never stopped.

If thats not unpopular enough ill say this: i heard the story of his first hundred mile race before the podcast and my first thought was what an idiot. Your body shut down for reason. To risk dying for your own pride in a race that means nothing while youre married. I dont admite it.

Please provide me some evidence supporting your idea of being a "freak stamina wise". He wasn't born with stamina. No one is. You have to earn it through hard work. That's what you're missing here.

Wrong. I'm pretty sure stroke volume is the number one factor in endurance and I'm pretty sure it is a genetic trait. It can be improved with training but only to a certain extent. So yes, people are born wth endurance. Do they have to work at it, sure. But would 99% of the population be capable of what he's doing? Not a chance.

Last edited:
Watching it right now. Real inspiration right here.

And i don't care what anyone says JRE podcast by night, all day! He puts up some incredible content sometimes.

Wrong. I'm pretty sure stroke volume is the number one factor in endurance and I'm pretty sure it is a genetic trait. It can be improved with training but only to a certain extent. So yes, people are born wth endurance. Do they have to work at it, sure. But would 99% of the population be capable of what he's doing? Not a chance.

You know the saying "Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard."

There's a reason why its the largest, most popular podcast in the world. People can talk all the shit they want to. The numbers speak for themselves.

in the world? wow, had no idea. joe is a great interviewer. i still find his comedy terrible, but a great interviewer nonetheless.

in the world? wow, had no idea. joe is a great interviewer. i still find his comedy terrible, but a great interviewer nonetheless.
Yup. The JRE is fucking massive in audience and influence. I never liked his comedy, but I thought triggered was pretty damn good. He's gotten much better.

You can say the same thing about Nickleback
But nickelback isnt the biggest band in the world. No other podcast has the range and diversity of the JRE. From comedians, philosophers, scientists, athletes from all walks of life, military, authors, and political pundits, no other podcast/show brings to the table what the JRE does.

But nickelback isnt the biggest band in the world. No other podcast has the range and diversity of the JRE. From comedians, philosophers, scientists, athletes from all walks of life, military, authors, and political pundits, no other podcast/show brings to the table what the JRE does.

Pretty sure they were the most commercially successful rock band for a while

I was in the military and the difference between those that succeed in achieving special forces and those that don't, has very little to do with physical capability and more to do with the sheer will to not quit.

Back