Jedrzejczyk scared of Shevchenko?

JJ is an awesome fighter, but her striking is somewhat overrated.

She looks incredible against grappling based fighters with her combinations, but those combinations are not nearly as effective against other elite strikers.

If she wants to evolve as a fighter, she needs to implement grappling into her game to keep other elite strikers honest about the threat of the takedown.

have you seen her kickboxing/muay thai fights?please. maybe at this point her striking skills dimnished after few years of mma training, she fought strikers and grapplers and break some records against strikers not grapplers.

Jedrzejczyk doesn't want to fight Shevchenko when asked in '16 and even now after two losses against Strawweight Queen Champion Thug Rose she stays at 115!?

plus the fact that she apparently dies to make the 115lb division.

everyone is scared of valentina. Shes the WMMA goat.

have you seen her kickboxing/muay thai fights?please. maybe at this point her striking skills dimnished after few years of mma training, she fought strikers and grapplers and break some records against strikers not grapplers.

She also got knocked the fuck out by Rose

Her confidence is hurting pretty bad right now so I wouldn't be surprised. She's lost twice to someone she felt she would walk right through. It's a rude awakening to realize you're not actually the best in the world, especially when everyone around you has been feeding you lines telling you that you are for the last 2 years.

These two shouldn’t even be fighting. They’re in different weight classes

Valentina trains with Rose and Rose gave Joanna two ass whoopings so yeah that's a cause of concern.
Valentina is also on another level in striking then both..

plus the fact that she apparently dies to make the 115lb division.

everyone is scared of valentina. Shes the WMMA goat.
Even Nunes knew how tough of a fight it would be, cancelling at the last minute due to a stuffy nose. Fully healthy it was a razor thin decision, and Nunes is a fucking monster.

She laughed and said to keep her weight down, she just had to eat less chocolate.

Maybe Val and JJ can meet again at 125. I expect the outcome will be the same.

If she had to give up chocolate to make 115 then I completely understand. That shit would be impossible after a few 4/20 sessions.

Yeah I still think it will go down at 125 and Val will take it but I think we missed out on an epic build up if Joanna was still champ and Val was challenger.

If she had to give up chocolate to make 115 then I completely understand. That shit would be impossible after a few 4/20 sessions.

Yeah I still think it will go down at 125 and Val will take it but I think we missed out on an epic build up if Joanna was still champ and Val was challenger.

I would have liked to have seen in when they were both champions of their respective divisions, but that is not happening.

I would have liked to have seen in when they were both champions of their respective divisions, but that is not happening.

Yeah that would have been sick.

Joanna 115 champ vs Valentina 135 champ for the first ever Flyweight title fight. That would have been dope.

Nowhere in that interview did she say she wouldn't fight Valentina, if anything she said the opposite lol.

I doubt she's scared if you watched those fights they are pretty close is not like JJ took 3 x Cain vs JDS 2 type of beat down. She's not scared of Rose after she knocked JJ out and mess her face up in the second fight she's still pushing for the third fight. Not scared but she seems to except the fact Valentina is better, maybe Rose need to beat her 3 times to make JJ except it.
There's a difference between being a bad match-up and being a better all around fighter. Also I think all Joanna needs to do if they have a third fight is use the thai clinch more and she'll easily beat rose.

There's a difference between being a bad match-up and being a better all around fighter. Also I think all Joanna needs to do if they have a third fight is use the thai clinch more and she'll easily beat rose.
Lol i said that before and after the fight Joanna should've used the clinch more her clinch work is better then Karolina's. Clinch will stop rose's best weapon which is the long punches. With Leg kicks Rose can still counter off them.

Because she's now facing Torres who's 5 inch shorter and has a 4.5 inch reach disadvantage.
JJ is actually an inch taller than Shevchenko, but Val is admittedly more solid.

If a fighter makes the weight, that’s her weight class. That’s what weight cutting is. Conor made 145 so he was considered a featherweight fighter. Obviously Shevchenko can’t make that weight which is why she decided to fight at 135 and not 115. The End
Val felt (and still feels) that she could (did - if mainly in her own mind) beat the champ at 135, so there was no need to go through the body wrenching trials of drops to 115. That doesn't mean she couldn't do it. I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe she is the only fighter that has the potential to be the champion at 3, and possibly even 4 weight classes. She and Cyborg are the only fighters to decidedly beat Holm in striking. Could she beat Cyborg - unlikely, but she and Nunes probably represent the best chances in WMMA of doing so, and given her evasiveness, might even squeak out a narrow if boring victory.

Valentina is also on another level in striking then both..

That's true, but Rose has best distance management & head movement we have ever seen on WMMA and it's not even close.

So your saying Cyborg chose not to fight Ronda at 135lbs and it had nothing to do with her not being able to make the weight? Okay
Look at all the men fighters that are far taller than Cyborg and weigh 135. She would have to cut a lot of muscle mass that was built via dubious means, but both she and weight trainers said she could do it. When Rousey was at her height, Cyborg probably felt it was not a very good strategical move.

It may happen yet. Rose could (not saying she would) fall to Jessica and JJ could (not saying she would) defeat Jessica for the title. And though it may be a stretch, there's always the possibility that Valentina could defeat Nicco for the title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back