Jan. 13th Artur Beterbiev to face Callum Smith

Who wins?

• Total voters
Microdosing has been a problem for years but VADA has methods to detect synthetic testosterone & HGH from natural production even in trace amounts. For instance there are isotopic differences between them. Reportedly they utilize CIR testing on every urine sample to detect synthetic testosterone and established methods like isoform and biomarkers to detect the presence of synthetic HGH. So, assuming that they didn't break WADA protocol, then Beterbiev's blood & urine samples would've been checked against that.

So, what is an atypical finding? Very simply, it means that an abnormality – as opposed to a substance – was detected at the time of testing and further testing is required. In Beterbiev’s case, there were heightened levels of human growth hormone (HGH) and testosterone metabolite 5D-androstanediol. Such increases can either be natural or artificially induced.”

For further context, an adverse finding – a test failure – occurs when a substance or the markings of has been detected. Again, that was not the case with Artur Beterbiev.”
Man, I hope so.

I can’t wait until Saturday so I can see a fight

I hope he gets the job done as usual because reportedly Bivol has already signed to fight Beterbiev next for undisputed glory. The big fight that we've been waiting forever for.

Interesting. Any idea if Bivol filed for the exemption or if they finally said "ah fuck it, let him fight"? My guess would be exemption.

Interesting. Any idea if Bivol filed for the exemption or if they finally said "ah fuck it, let him fight"? My guess would be exemption.
Good question. That'd be my guess, that he finally filed for an exemption. They aged Artur as long as they could. He'll be 39 when they fight (assuming Artur gets by Callum of course). I figured Bivol would wait him out this long and get him right before he's 40.

I hate to do Beterbiev like this .....but it seems extra sus when you are now THE murderous puncher in the sport. A literal human wrecking machine. One that dishes out an other worldly level of damage AND then also absorbs similar damage to outlast everyone. Then you hear people describe his power and touch as a freak of nature 1 of 1.

Unfair speculation but it warrants additional questions & healthy skepticism.
There’s a saying in science “you can’t explain a constant with a variable”. Beterbiev has always been a murderous puncher ever since he was a pup in the amateurs. Is it more likely that he’s been doping since he was 18 or maybe he’s just naturally a murderous puncher and doesn’t need the aid of PEDs? Also, the Olympics has some of the most stringent testing standards ever and he’s been to 2 Olympics.

Mike was definitely a big hitter but I wouldn't call him a huge hitter.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he didn't disappoint.

<Dany07> <Dany07> <Dany07>

Anyway, to get myself pumped for the fight tomorrow I decided to watch some YT videos of them both. It's funny you still haven't posted a HL video of Yarde's impressive KOs you swear he has, whilst simultaneously laughing at the idea Callum has big power despite the fact he has plenty of impressive KOs...

Tell me, which ones aren't impressive to you, oh wise old boomer.

And do show me the videos where Yarde looks like Tyson... "to an extent"... lolol

There’s a saying in science “you can’t explain a constant with a variable”. Beterbiev has always been a murderous puncher ever since he was a pup in the amateurs. Is it more likely that he’s been doping since he was 18 or maybe he’s just naturally a murderous puncher and doesn’t need the aid of PEDs? Also, the Olympics has some of the most stringent testing standards ever and he’s been to 2 Olympics.
Yet people still pop at the Olympic level....Yet there are still doping scandals at the Olympic level.

No world class athlete is going...."hmmm I'm one of the best in the world but I'm going to try PEDs for the 1st time in my life on the world's biggest stage.....and try to beat the strictest testing in the world...who cares if it ruins my life & career. "

I firmly believe people continue to take these ridiculous chances because they know for a fact there are people who are beating the system or they themselves have beat the testing before. Or they are aligned with the new gurus who know how to beat the modern day science.

When the leading PED experts that made careers on beating these tests are saying its fishy.....we should stop & listen or use some scrutiny.

Just watched an interview with Chris Algeri who was a former champ and I believe he has like a PHD in sports nutrition or something like that.
He says its fishy & more info about the levels would need to come out before any judgement either way.

Same thing with the Jaw nonsense.
Fuckers cycling off and messed up doing so.

Yet people still pop at the Olympic level....Yet there are still doping scandals at the Olympic level.

No world class athlete is going...."hmmm I'm one of the best in the world but I'm going to try PEDs for the 1st time in my life on the world's biggest stage.....and try to beat the strictest testing in the world...who cares if it ruins my life & career. "

I firmly believe people continue to take these ridiculous chances because they know for a fact there are people who are beating the system or they themselves have beat the testing before. Or they are aligned with the new gurus who know how to beat the modern day science.

When the leading PED experts that made careers on beating these tests are saying its fishy.....we should stop & listen or use some scrutiny.

Just watched an interview with Chris Algeri who was a former champ and I believe he has like a PHD in sports nutrition or something like that.
He says its fishy & more info about the levels would need to come out before any judgement either way.
I watched the same Algieri interview, he did not say it’s fishy, basically he took a neutral position and said he wants more info. In fact he even said at one point it’s more likely Beterbiev just has naturally high range of HGH/testosterone.

I watched the same Algieri interview, he did not say it’s fishy, basically he took a neutral position and said he wants more info. In fact he even said at one point it’s more likely Beterbiev just has naturally high range of HGH/testosterone.
" I'm curious...it would need to be looked into further. It should be. I'm not sure it will be...He should be monitored....Thats a little curious to have that show up.....We need more information...I dont want to throw the guy under the bus which is very easy to do when the headlines come out....you have to look past these things & look at the numbers."
Nothing wrong with intererrptating those quotes as "seems fishy." Semantics. Fine, substitute "fishy" for an "extremely curious situation that needs more data, numbers & information. "

-He said he would lean more towards genetics vs "clean living" or a healthy lifestyle for spikes for a late 30 -40 year old. You're using it out of context.

Both him & Paulie agree that it's definitely not a "nothing burger " or "much a do about nothing."

I hope he gets the job done as usual because reportedly Bivol has already signed to fight Beterbiev next for undisputed glory. The big fight that we've been waiting forever for.

Yes! First we got a deal for Wilder vs Joshua, now this! Oh wait..... <{chips}>

Olympic testing is highly politicized though. For example Iran and North Korea simply never give testers a visa so nobody ever gets tested until competition day. These two are the extreme example but every country that politicizes Olympic medals has some form of interference like this.

Yes! First we got a deal for Wilder vs Joshua, now this! Oh wait..... <{chips}>
Bivol is all done on his end but Beterbiev has yet to agree to a deal with the Saudis since they make separate offers. They're waiting until after the Smith fight to offer him anything.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he didn't disappoint.

<Dany07> <Dany07> <Dany07>

Anyway, to get myself pumped for the fight tomorrow I decided to watch some YT videos of them both. It's funny you still haven't posted a HL video of Yarde's impressive KOs you swear he has, whilst simultaneously laughing at the idea Callum has big power despite the fact he has plenty of impressive KOs...

Tell me, which ones aren't impressive to you, oh wise old boomer.

And do show me the videos where Yarde looks like Tyson... "to an extent"... lolol

You're still at this, eh? Sigh. That TalkSport article I linked explains the frequent Tyson comparisons. Yarde addressed it himself. I never laughed at the idea that Smith had power. Of course he does. If he was as big of a hitter as you like to pretend though then he'd have finished many more guys than he has. He shouldn't have to land the perfect punch to get guys out of there. Yarde doesn't need to, Beterbiev doesn't need to either, so learn the difference.

Same thing with the Jaw nonsense.
Fuckers cycling off and messed up doing so.
Beterbiev's a clean athlete until proven otherwise. Anything else is speculation. If he had failed one of his drug tests out of the many they administered then that'd be different. He's no more suspicious to the eye than any of the other big punchers in boxing.

Back