Jan. 13th Artur Beterbiev to face Callum Smith

Who wins?

• Total voters
"Elevated level of testosterone and HGH....."

{<hhh]
Came here to ask about this. What is the deal here?
Seeing it all over social media but not a lot here.

So he tested high or elevated...But the controversy lies in VADA testing not seeing or further testing if it was from an outside source and not caused naturally????????

Thats my take on it so far. Not sure if that is the right interpretation of it currently.

If somebody tests elevated for something or anything yet no further tests happen and the fight still goes on.....WTF is the point of having tests for this shit.

So he tested high or elevated...But the controversy lies in VADA testing not seeing or further testing if it was from an outside source and not caused naturally????????

Thats my take on it so far. Not sure if that is the right interpretation of it currently.

If somebody tests elevated for something or anything yet no further tests happen and the fight still goes on.....WTF is the point of having tests for this shit.
He had elevated testosterone and HGH in his blood & urine. However, it was only present in a single test from December 6th. Apparently they administered follow-up tests and nothing 'atypical' was found. He passed all of his drug tests including the one that looked unusual. So there were no 'adverse' findings. Just a couple oddities, or possible red flags, in that one test administered early last month.

that pretty much means he failed

that pretty much means he failed
No, it doesn't. Here's a statement from Dr. Margaret Goodman, the founder of VADA.
'Atypical findings are fairly common in PED (performance enhancing drug) testing and do not constitute an adverse test result.'
'They can result from various causes. Atypical findings generally warrant the collection of further samples. But no negative inference should be drawn from an atypical finding in and of itself.'
Hearn calls for greater VADA transparency amid Beterbiev findings

He had elevated testosterone and HGH in his blood & urine. However, it was only present in a single test from December 6th. Apparently they administered follow-up tests and nothing 'atypical' was found. He passed all of his drug tests including the one that looked unusual. So there were no 'adverse' findings. Just a couple oddities, or possible red flags, in that one test administered early last month.
Follow up tests as in the levels returned to normal on the same future tests???

Or were they follow up tests that show if it was not from an exogenous source???

Forgive me, I know very little about the fuckery that is PED & PED testing.

Not that he's a 100% reputable source but the 2nd most famous drug cheat behind Conte, that Memo Herridia dude is saying that's kind of the controversy here.

That this is an indication of microdosing if they didn't check to see if the spike in the marker was caused naturally or from an outside source. That this type of testing is available, accurate, and warranted. But VADA doesn't do it.

Maybe VADA did do it. I don't know, but he seems pretty adamant it wasn't done.

Very interesting.

Curious on your thoughts on this.

Also, on a related note these local TRT therapy adds keep popping on my Facebook feed. I am SHOCKED that these places are advertising its only $79 a month. I always assumed it was hundreds of dollars a month at the least.

Shit, if for $79 a month I can get back to dunking, fucking multiple chicks a week, and stopping my thinning corners on my hair line up (only I notice it) ........CALL ME A PED CHEAT TOO. I want in. Lmao

Follow up tests as in the levels returned to normal on the same future tests???

Or were they follow up tests that show if it was not from an exogenous source???

Forgive me, I know very little about the fuckery that is PED & PED testing.

Not that he's a 100% reputable source but the 2nd most famous drug cheat behind Conte, that Memo Herridia dude is saying that's kind of the controversy here.

That this is an indication of microdosing if they didn't check to see if the spike in the marker was caused naturally or from an outside source. That this type of testing is available, accurate, and warranted. But VADA doesn't do it.

Maybe VADA did do it. I don't know, but he seems pretty adamant it wasn't done.

Very interesting.

Curious on your thoughts on this.

Also, on a related note these local TRT therapy adds keep popping on my Facebook feed. I am SHOCKED that these places are advertising its only $79 a month. I always assumed it was hundreds of dollars a month at the least.

Shit, if for $79 a month I can get back to dunking, fucking multiple chicks a week, and stopping my thinning corners on my hair line up (only I notice it) ........CALL ME A PED CHEAT TOO. I want in. Lmao

Yes, Beterbiev's levels were all normal on follow-up tests. The founder of VADA, Dr. Margaret Goodman, just issued a statement saying that "atypical" findings are "fairly common." Even "routine" and that negative inferences shouldn't be drawn from them in and of themselves. I can think of a lot of fighters that have had them pop up in single tests (or even multiple) in the past.

Here are more details about the follow-up tests and VADA letters. I haven't read it fully yet only skimmed it.

Yes, Beterbiev's levels were all normal on follow-up tests. The founder of VADA, Dr. Margaret Goodman, just issued a statement saying that "atypical" findings are "fairly common." Even "routine" and that negative inferences shouldn't be drawn from them in and of themselves. I can think of a lot of fighters that have had them pop up in single tests (or even multiple) in the past.

Here are more details about the follow-up tests and VADA letters. I haven't read it fully yet only skimmed it.

I remember getting a blood test once and my white blood cells were dangerously low (something like 2 when the normal range is 5-10) so they ran it again the next day and it was 5.9. The body chemistry fluctuates all the time, that's why doctors do retests. Testosterone is a natural hormone in the body, it fluctuates like everything else.

I don't think he even tested elevated, his finding was "atypical",...which seems to mean that it's within the acceptable threshold but slightly higher and a situation where it's flagged just to keep an eye on it. This is a nothing burger tbh.

I remember getting a blood test once and my white blood cells were dangerously low (something like 2 when the normal range is 5-10) so they ran it again the next day and it was 5.9. The body chemistry fluctuates all the time, that's why doctors do retests. Testosterone is a natural hormone in the body, it fluctuates like everything else.
Yep. We're only talking about a single blood & urine test administered early last month. Not multiple tests that returned suspicious findings. The VADA folks (Dr. Goodman and co.) are saying that it's fairly common and that there are various causes for such findings. You'd think that'd be the end of it when the foremost authority on the matter addresses it but apparently not.

Yep. We're only talking about a single blood & urine test administered early last month. Not multiple tests that returned suspicious findings. The VADA folks (Dr. Goodman and co.) are saying that it's fairly common and that there are various causes for such findings. You'd think that'd be the end of it when the foremost authority on the matter addresses it but apparently not.
The sad part is that the Beef haters will use this to diminish his accomplishments from here out. That's boxing for you.

In other news, seems like Beterbiev is PISSED at Smith & Hearn, they might've fucked up <45>

The sad part is that the Beef haters will use this to diminish his accomplishments from here out. That's boxing for you.

In other news, seems like Beterbiev is PISSED at Smith & Hearn, they might've fucked up <45>
Until he actually fails a drug test then he's presumably a clean athlete. The best testing available is actual Olympic drug testing (not merely "Olympic style") and Beterbiev went through it multiple times in his career as an amateur. In the pros he's undergone commission testing in several states/provinces, across multiple countries, and been enrolled in VADA for many years. His track record is spotless.

Until he actually fails a drug test then he's presumably a clean athlete. The best testing available is actual Olympic drug testing (not merely "Olympic style") and Beterbiev went through it multiple times in his career as an amateur. In the pros he's undergone commission testing in several states/provinces, across multiple countries, and been enrolled in VADA for many years. His track record is spotless.
I hope he breaks Callum's ribs, POS move from Eddie Hearn.

I hope he breaks Callum's ribs, POS move from Eddie Hearn.
Hearn is really ignorant about this stuff. He's upset that he's had so many of his own Matchroom fighters pop. The difference is they actually failed drug tests. He's trying to compare Beterbiev's passed tests to failed ones. Then he asks for more transparency. We have letters from VADA available to read and more details available about the follow-up tests that were administered. The founder and CEO of VADA formally addressed it. Yet Hearn is acting like this is some sort of cover-up lol.

i mean you can test me today to see if i have posted on this forum, you would get a positive result, test me again in 3 weeks if i thought it would get me in trouble and you may find a different outcome

its not fucking rocket science is it

goddamned clickbait shit. if its atypical but it doesnt have any effect on whether the fight will happen, why report it?

the consequences of clickbait have been a disaster for the human race.

Back