It's official: the Aldo fight was a fluke

Punchers chance is all he had and punchers chance is what he got. Lucky man god bless him but the truth is that fight was a fluke.

I just learned that Conor signed an 8 fight contract before the Aldo fight. Why would anyone do that you ask? You know why. Because chicken mcnuggets knew he had little chance to win and wanted to secure his future.

Truth hurts but deal with it conor was a scared man and got lucky god bless him.

A counter striker landing his best counter punch isn't a fluke. That's official

Punchers chance is all he had and punchers chance is what he got. Lucky man god bless him but the truth is that fight was a fluke.

I just learned that Conor signed an 8 fight contract before the Aldo fight. Why would anyone do that you ask? You know why. Because chicken mcnuggets knew he had little chance to win and wanted to secure his future.

Truth hurts but deal with it conor was a scared man and got lucky god bless him.
No such thing as "fluke" in mma. Bye.

I'm a huge Aldo hugger and think Aldo could win a rematch but hey, he won legit. It is what it is. I'm stoked for that Max fight.

Agreed that it was lucky.

It was a great win, no doubt.

A win in :13 isn't very telling of a fighter's skills.

His couple fights with Nasty Nate and Alvarez were much more telling.

So because your opinion is that it was a fluke, it was a fluke?

Modern day sistine chapel

creation-of-adam.jpg
hahaha brilliant

I dislike Conor a lot. I think he's been babied his entire UFC career and was gifted fights against favorable matchups/late replacements and had an easy road to the title. That said, there is nothing 'flukey' about countering someone and knocking them the fuck out. That fight was Jose's fault 100%, over-committed immediately ... didn't even try to use his tools, just run in and throw a hard obvious punch against a taller, southpaw, fast opponent. There's a lot to knock Conor for, KO'ing the FW GOAT is not one of them.
But look how close he was to knocking out Mcgregor. It easily could have went the other way, then people would be saying it was the best tactic ever. Aldo took a chance that almost paid off

I like to help fellow Sherbros out, so I'll clear up some things for you.

There is no official designation of whether or not a fight is a fluke. UFC doesn't have such records, no commission has such records, MMA Fighting doesn't have them, MMA Junkie doesn't have them, Sherdog doesn't have them, the Underground doesn't have them. Perhaps you have your own records of which fights are and aren't a fluke, and you've classed McGregor/Aldo as a fluke. If that's the case, that's fine, but I don't think there are many people who give a shit about your own personal records.

I think Aldo getting KO'd in 13 seconds is statistically unlikely to happen if Conor and Jose fight. So you could say that aspect was fluky. Though perhaps not as much as one would think, as Conor does have a lot of quick KO's. He has 8 KO's under 2 minutes, including a 4-second KO and a 16-second KO.

I also think Aldo getting KO'd as cleanly as he did was fluky. Conor is obviously a KO artist, but a lot of those KO's come from accumulative shots rather than 1 big punch. So the cleanness of the Jose knockout was unusual.

Conor beating Jose by KO/TKO in the first round absolutely isn't a fluke. Conor's clearly the superior striker, with a significant reach advantage, and at this point Aldo has taken a lot of damage in his career. Conor by first round KO/TKO would be the most popular pick were the two to rematch, which says a lot. The same wouldn't be true for Bisping/Rockhold 3, for example.

Now, I'll clear up your confusion over the contract issue. Long fighter contracts benefit promoters, not fighters. They lock fighters in to the UFC so they can't go elsewhere, or use other promoters to leverage the UFC. Signing an 8-fight deal doesn't provide security for Conor in case he loses, because if he loses, the UFC can just cut him, thus cancelling the 8-fight deal.

Finally, at UFC 194, did Conor look like an unconfident or scared man to you? I think that's the most relaxed we've ever seen him in the cage. He didn't look like a man who thought he had little chance to win. Meanwhile, Aldo looked like he was about to have a nervous breakdown.

Well since Conor ducked the rematch it kind of does seem like a fluke. Aldo was very close to KO'ing Mcgregor in that fight, that exchange of punches was literally a coin toss. At the time I thought it was a legit win for Mcgregor but then he ducked the rematch. Not even giving Aldo the chance to beat him is a bitch move and Aldo should get a win over Mcgregor by default. It's 1-1 at the moment so I can't wait to see the 3rd, unless Conor ducks that too
If you can just create wins in your mind, why stop at 1-1? You clearly dislike McGregor, so why not make it 10-1?

The Comission officially acknowledges it? Nice! -:)

no that was his money fight then back to plumbing and welfare.

it was a great punch no doubt one of my favorite ko's of all time but it was a lucky shot. MR. "8 fight contract before the fight".

thats a whole new level of fear signing that deal.

conor slow and stiff now i doubt his acl survives the beating aldo would give it.

You sound insane.

Agreed that it was lucky.

It was a great win, no doubt.

A win in :13 isn't very telling of a fighter's skills.

His couple fights with Nasty Nate and Alvarez were much more telling.
How was it lucky? Was it a desperation hail Mary punch? It was a perfect counter.

As one of the biggest Aldo nuthuggers on sherdog, please be quiet.

Yes, Conor seemed relieved and surprised after it. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had a talk with Aldo before the fight. Though maybe Conor just tried something and just did it, just like Alvarez. He always has a puncher's chance, it's just that his punches are very good.

Back