Israel Adesanya: I can beat Robert Whittaker "wherever I want"

Paulo Costa vs Adesanya is the fight to make. Jacare can have the next shot against Gastelum once he beats Whittaker.

Jacare hasn't got the years to wait around and deserves his shot, Romero should not be discussed at MW, he has missed weight multiple times and couldn't even manage to hit 185lb when one of the biggest opportunities of his life was on the line.

I think he would take out Whittaker. Borrachinha would erase him though.

Yup, I remember that fight. I was surprised at how much Whittaker struggled with Rafael Natal. Natal chewed up Whittaker's lead leg with leg kicks in that fight.
You remember Whittaker's next two fights where he knocked Brunson and Jacare the fuck out? Man's improved out of sight since then. By the same token Israel looked shit again Vittori, Jacare looked bad against Weidman early, Gastelum lost to Weidman and Romero was lucky to get past Kennedy and Jacare.

All your statement suggests is that you are either massively underrating Whittaker or massively are overestimating Costa. Hall did some damage to Costa, surely Israel with superior striking has a great chance against Costa. Whittaker's still criminally underrated on these forums, after he puts away Gastelum I hope he starts getting the rep he deserves as a straight savage.

Book Israel vs Jacare as the co-main on the same card. Great way to promote a future match-up if both win.

All your statement suggests is that you are either massively underrating Whittaker or massively are overestimating Costa. Hall did some damage to Costa, surely Israel with superior striking has a great chance against Costa. Whittaker's still criminally underrated on these forums, after he puts away Gastelum I hope he starts getting the rep he deserves as a straight savage.

I don't doubt Whittaker's offense, I just see that he is very hittable and his chin crackable. That plays right into Israel's strength.

Borrachinha has a great chin and isn't afraid to take one in order to land one. Israel does well when people are afraid to take damage. They back off when he lands. That makes him a fish out of water with Paulo.

You're entitled to being wrong though. So carry on.

I hope this 'broken native' to get broken by the hand of Romero. He should stfu would also like to see him v Rockhold, would be interesting

I agree, Israel would fuck him up. Israel is tailor made to beat Bobby; Israel is tall, accurate and well conditioned.

This guy really thinks its that sweet. Dana please feed him to Romero and make it quick

I like Izzy but he should ease up on the 'better than him everywhere' talk when he's actively avoiding Romero. All it's going to do is make people take a giant shit on him when someone beats him.

Just my 2c on the undisputed champion thing, if there's an interim champ then you can't have an undisputed champion. Until the titles are reunited in a unification bout or one of the champions gets stripped.

are they? wouldnt know. there is only one true kings sport in australia.
When we lose to Wales and Argentina then yeah think we're at joke stage these days. If we lose to Italy they may as well call it a day.

I don't doubt Whittaker's offense, I just see that he is very hittable and his chin crackable. That plays right into Israel's strength.

Borrachinha has a great chin and isn't afraid to take one in order to land one. Israel does well when people are afraid to take damage. They back off when he lands. That makes him a fish out of water with Paulo.

You're entitled to being wrong though. So carry on.
Being wrong in a hypothetical futuristic situation? You man enough to eat humble pie if Costa faces the big boys and crumbles? Difference is Whittaker's tried and tested and has beaten the best in the division.

And yet he doesn't call out Romero who is waiting for an opponent o_O

I wouldn't count Whittaker out but for me he's in rather a Chuck like position as someone with strong grappling defence fighting mostly grapplers.

Alot of people sleeping on Robert the man is a savage.

Adensaya is a stellar talent.

But Robert is a better grappler and can make it interesting enough on the feet to bring the grappling threat into play.

Anyone who goes 10 rounds with Romero is a force.

Would be the most anticipated fight at MW since Sonnen - Silva 2 imo..

I actually think Israel is a nightmare match up for Bobby. His wrestling isn't good enough to threaten and then when it turns into a kickboxing match I know who my money will be on. Like both guys so no bias.

Back