Is this the most depessing time ever for mma fans?

Also a 50 year old and broke Chuck Liddell begging Tito Ortiz for a fight was sad and pathetlic

Debatable. Would have to look at it on a deeper scale but that wasn't really my point.

I honestly missed ur point then. If it was about stars, stars are part of what made the 2000s such a great time for mma. We had stars everywhere, in multiple orgs, and they are STILL the stars today with a few exceptions. Bj, fedor, chuck, cc, aa, hughes, nog, gsp, diaz, saku, shogun, rampage, gomi, etc. Etc.

Who do we have now that is not from last generations stars? Conor, jbj,

Wow, you guys all care WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH!

So with your depth of knowledge, and experience as a long-time MMA fan, you feel that the watered down shit we're witnessing today is anywhere close to the era that proceeded it?

I'm asking sincerely...all forum-cat fighting like bitches aside.
There's still good finishes and fighters. Honestly, shit feels a little watery and there's an energy missing in the UFC. I'll give that to you. MMA will be ok though, and certainly having a bitchfest on new fans won't help. The Conor storm will pass and shit in the UFC will liven up again. By all means though, if it helps to expose your sore butt on a public forum, have at it. I'm too medicated to care :)

Asking for an easy high six figure payday is hardly being "broke" or "begging" for a fight.

#TitoFearsChuck
Dude's 50 years old and was ko'd stiff 3 fights in a row, he shouldn't be fighting. He wouldn't be taking this fight if he didn't have to

Why don't they just get rid of those pesky belts and rankings anyways, they're just window dressing like the weigh ins and pressers and Twitter feuds and idiot card girls

The memories...
gyi0064517125.jpg

That was the UFC at it's best to be honest. What happened ?

Matt Hughes in a coma. Bj penn obliterating his legacy. Fedor very likely about to lose to mittrione. Reebok. Usada. Only 1 new star in the ufc and he's mostly hype. Pride dead for over a decade now. Ufc killing itself and the sport slowly and painfully.

I mean what happened to the mma we knew and loved 10 years ago? I'm embarrassed to let people know I'm a hardcore mma fan these days. Just....what happened? :(

Man...when PRIDE and UFC were hot items.....i really miss those days.

The Lightweight Division doesn't even have a champion.

The Middleweight Division has Bisping.

The Light Heavyweight Division's best fighter can't even fight, so the guy he beat is champion.

The Heavyweight Division's champion is a firefighter from Ohio.

There's still good finishes and fighters. Honestly, shit feels a little watery and there's an energy missing in the UFC. I'll give that to you. MMA will be ok though, and certainly having a bitchfest on new fans won't help. The Conor storm will pass and shit in the UFC will liven up again. By all means though, if it helps to expose your sore butt on a public forum, have at it. I'm too medicated to care :)

So we agree on most points?

Why are we fighting?

I think we could be pals...if we tried.

Dude's 50 years old and was ko'd stiff 3 fights in a row, he shouldn't be fighting. He wouldn't be taking this fight if he didn't have to

Fighters like to fight. It's not like retiring from your accountant job. It's a passion. The attention, the hype, the fan adulation is a drug that's tough to kick.

BJ Penn never had to worry about money a day in his life. He's fighting Dennis Siver after a string of humiliating defeats.

It's challenging for us mere mortals to understand that mentality. Particularly for a mom's-basement-dwelling-couch-surfing-underachiever like you.

They certainly seem terrible so far. Getting the feeling these guys are just some corporate suits, and not fight fans. The UFC has lost its soul..

Matt Hughes in a coma. Bj penn obliterating his legacy. Fedor very likely about to lose to mittrione. Reebok. Usada. Only 1 new star in the ufc and he's mostly hype. Pride dead for over a decade now. Ufc killing itself and the sport slowly and painfully.

I mean what happened to the mma we knew and loved 10 years ago? I'm embarrassed to let people know I'm a hardcore mma fan these days. Just....what happened? :(
10 years ago I'm sure guys like you were on sherdog bitching that mma wasn't how it used to be 10 years prior

Fighters like to fight. It's not like retiring from your accountant job. It's a passion. The attention, the hype, the fan adulation is a drug that's tough to kick.

BJ Penn never had to worry about money a day in his life. He's fighting Dennis Siver after a string of humiliating defeats.

It's challenging for us mere mortals to understand that mentality. Particularly for a mom's-basement-dwelling-couch-surfing-underachiever like you.

+1. Guys like chuck have to literally be forced to stop fighting. Warriors through and through.

mcdonalds fight at bellator was one of the best fight of the year

fuck ufc. they are protecting bisping, conor. litterally 2 of the 5 best division are hold up by irrelevant pussy. shit pay, promotes personality rather then talent and I cant stand Dana
I hope bellator take their place

Back