Is this the most depessing time ever for mma fans?

Matt Hughes in a coma. Bj penn obliterating his legacy. Fedor very likely about to lose to mittrione. Reebok. Usada. Only 1 new star in the ufc and he's mostly hype. Pride dead for over a decade now. Ufc killing itself and the sport slowly and painfully.

I mean what happened to the mma we knew and loved 10 years ago? I'm embarrassed to let people know I'm a hardcore mma fan these days. Just....what happened? :(
The only thing that happened is that you become a whining bitch, like other posters around here you live in the past.

You are not even a fan of mma, just a fan of the usual big names of the past, but this is a sport not WWE where Ric Flair could win a World Championship at 70 years old because he has still fans chanting his name.
The sport is moving on and you should too, as far as talent, skills and quality fights mma never been better, if you think otherwise you a nostalgic full of shit.

The only thing that happened is that you become a whining bitch, like other posters around here you live in the past.

You are not even a fan of mma, just a fan of the usual big names of the past, but this is a sport not WWE where Ric Flair could win a World Championship at 70 years old because he has still fans chanting his name.
The sport is moving on and you should too, as far as talent, skills and quality fights mma never been better, if you think otherwise you a nostalgic full of shit.

Lol ok bud. Mma is healthier than ever. Right? Right?

Yair Rodriguez is our ONLY hope

Frankie killed that hope already, plus Yair never had a fanbase and personality like Platinum Mike Perry. Platinum has superstar written all over him. He has a lot to learn in terms of skill but the guy's got the personality, chin, power and the just bleed attitude that can take him to super stardom.

Lol ok bud. Mma is healthier than ever. Right? Right?
UFC just sold to a hollywood agents company for 4 billions dollars.

Meanwhile your healthy Pride FC company went down 10 years ago and now it's part of UFC Fight Pass.

Matt Hughes in a coma. Bj penn obliterating his legacy. Fedor very likely about to lose to mittrione. Reebok. Usada. Only 1 new star in the ufc and he's mostly hype. Pride dead for over a decade now. Ufc killing itself and the sport slowly and painfully.

I mean what happened to the mma we knew and loved 10 years ago? I'm embarrassed to let people know I'm a hardcore mma fan these days. Just....what happened? :(

MMA now is built in Hype I am not saying certain fighters are bad or just pure Hype but the way they get promoted is ridiculous they are promoted like they are barbarians from space!

Just look at Connor he got his own Subforrum.

Yeh this shit blows. All the greats are gone, midgets, wmma, wme, reebok, usada, injuries, missing weight, too many garbage events & garbage fighters, etc etc.

MMA is dead

matt hughes accident is very unfortunate

some fighters that were on top 10 years ago are no longer competitive. Thats to be expected.

Usada is good for the sport and the reebok deal is meh who cares.

The fact you're living in the past does not mean that the ufc is dying.

Yes, the most depressing ever, of all time!!!!

... or, move the fuck on with your life.

But let's over dramatize it shall we?

For a bunch of hardcores you're a bunch of whiny pussies.

"Ufc is dying"
"Legend fighter is over rated".

I've said this before but MMA needs steroids to be entertaining. You can disagree with me all you want, but imo the best eras of MMA were when PED testing were at it's lowest.... And that includes the UFC.

One of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. This is the TRUTH!

After bellator tonight, i don't think there can be any debate. This is without question THE most depressing time I've ever experienced as a hardcore mma fan. On top of everything i listed in the OP, add to that:

Fedor ko'd by mittrione ( i really like mittrione a lot but not tonight )

Wand battered by chael ( i really like chael too, but wand is a legend and 1 of the former faces of PRIDE. Fedor was as well :(

The memories...
gyi0064517125.jpg

Yup.

I'd even go back to about 09, 2010. Add some Machida and Rua in there.

Back