Is this the most depessing time ever for mma fans?

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Matt Hughes in a coma. Bj penn obliterating his legacy. Fedor very likely about to lose to mittrione. Reebok. Usada. Only 1 new star in the ufc and he's mostly hype. Pride dead for over a decade now. Ufc killing itself and the sport slowly and painfully.

I mean what happened to the mma we knew and loved 10 years ago? I'm embarrassed to let people know I'm a hardcore mma fan these days. Just....what happened? :(

The gap between precedence on entertainment vs legitimacy has widened progressively more.

Been a pretty rough year, at least UFC 211 delivered.

Untitled.jpg

Fastest dying sport in the world

Bull. Zuffa started this train down the wrong tracks many years ago. The fox deal was the beginning. Not to mention reebok. Barely building up stars. Crap fight pay. Etc. Etc.

This is more zuffas fault than anyone elses.

These are strange times for sure. You can't forget about the Mike Goldberg saga either. UFC abruptly kicks him to the curb, and now it comes out that he's going to be calling events for Bellator.

I feel like the UFC in particular is in a really bad position. Ronda is toast, Conor is doing whatever the fuck he wants, interest in TUF is at an all-time low (and Garbrandt--Dillashaw isn't even happening), etc. etc.

• 135 is fun again. the Cruz/TJ/Cody triumverate could give us a few good years.
  • Max at 145 looks to be a long and glorious reign.
  • 155 like unbottlenecks soon, and that should be good.
  • many find Woodley unlovable, but he's undoubtedly hard to beat these days. i look forward to seeing two or three guys try each year.
  • 185 is stacked. but i sure hope Mousasi re-signs. once Bisping falls that bottleneck should open up
  • 205....well, i find it interesting. it's undoubtley shallow at the top though.
  • Stipe is sick. just sick.
and hey, i like DJ. sue me.

so i don't know. i like it. i just wish cards were more stacked.

then again, i've been through this a few times. in 2008 when Pride and Chuck were both dead, it felt like you feel now. we pushed through it though. you will too.

I miss the Zuffa era. the era where you could wear whatever you wanted(BadBoy, Venum, TapOut, etc.) the era where Champions actually defended their belts time and time again against the number 1 or 2 guy. I'm not saying I miss when fighters were on steroids, but I miss the era before USADA came in.. I miss the iconic commentating pair of Rogan and Goldie... I just miss how it all used to be. UFC better take notes, because, Bellator is sorta on a rise here.

Its periodic. Their big stars are on hold, retired or injured. Jones, Conor, Luke, GSP, Ronda, Cody, Cain...

Bruh stahp trying to mod when you're yellow bruh
how am I 'modding' im asking mods to put this shit elsewhere. theres been a UFC is dying thread every day since 2006

Back