Is this the most depessing time ever for mma fans?

I can't stand the bullshit matchmaking that is taking place now with champs not defending their belts and everyone only caring about $$$ / PPV numbers (even the fans)

That said I still love MMA and there is so much free content out there it's fucking awesome.

Not the finest hour, not the worst. I think it's partially the disappointment from the highs of last year, year before. I know people might not agree with it, but the eyes Ronda/McG brought to the sport could have been used to push on and gold plate the UFC. Instead it seems like it's not been capitalised on. We have some pretty good fights coming up, nonetheless. So let's just enjoy that.
Everyone misses Connor and Ronda but they'll never just admit it.

Only legitimate take imo. These ppl must hate shooting stars and blowjobs when Conor is between fights I think.

Maelstrom, get yourself in my MMA/UFC thoughts thread. Input required to get the ball rolling.

Everyone misses Connor and Ronda but they'll never just admit it.

Fully agree. The hype is good for the sport and people enjoy it whether they're tuning in to watch them win or lose.

Wanderlei is going to save it by knocking Chael the fuck out!!!

Fully agree. The hype is good for the sport and people enjoy it whether they're tuning in to watch them win or lose.
Sucks to see ppl pretend to be much smarter than to get swept up in big fight frenzy and try and tell everyone how much it sucks. I think they feel too invested on a personal level. As if their rep will surely require constant defending. Bc"casuals are the ones who suck at fight parties" lmao it's a severe lack of awareness.

Bizarre fanbase.

Sucks to see ppl pretend to be much smarter than to get swept up in big fight frenzy and try and tell everyone how much it sucks. I think they feel too invested on a personal level. As if their rep will surely require constant defending. Bc"casuals are the ones who suck at fight parties" lmao it's a severe lack of awareness.

Bizarre fanbase.

Dead on. Touched on this issue with the fans in the other thread. This kind of stuff I thought would get mentioned a lot. That said, I'm posting a bit tonight and there seems to be a lot of good convo going on too.

I've said this before but MMA needs steroids to be entertaining. You can disagree with me all you want, but imo the best eras of MMA were when PED testing were at it's lowest.... And that includes the UFC.

I tend to agree. Whatever some of those guys used to take definitely helped with them being able to train so damn hard in camp and still make it to fight night. Fights being cancelled at nearly the last minute has gotten worse over the last 3 years.

What's worse now is titles and title fights mean nothing anymore. I remember when I felt that adding more championships would dilute the meaning of winning a title, boy was I wrong. Now the problem is guys either winning a title and not defending it, or the champion in the division is trying to pick and choose the biggest money fight and we are forced to see a logjam within the division with a interim title being dealt out.

It's a real dark time to be a fan of MMA. It's not dead, but it's not far off from being in dire straights either.

Dead on. Touched on this issue with the fans in the other thread. This kind of stuff I thought would get mentioned a lot. That said, I'm posting a bit tonight and there seems to be a lot of good convo going on too.
Ppl love being right more than they're willing to just enjoy the show. At least casuals get excited, smarks get defensive

Ppl love being right more than they're willing to just enjoy the show. At least casuals get excited, smarks get defensive

Preach, bro. I'm going to have to demand you get in my MMA thoughts thread. I need a strong purple belt to get the ball rolling.

I tend to agree. Whatever some of those guys used to take definitely helped with them being able to train so damn hard in camp and still make it to fight night. Fights being cancelled at nearly the last minute has gotten worse over the last 3 years.
Cancelled fights is absolutely what I was alluding to and is what fans are slow but surely giving up on the sport over.
How do you get excited over fights when you know half the time they're going to be cancelled because of an injury anyway?

Its gone downhill a lot for me in last 18 months or so. I used to watch every UFC event, never missed any. These days I find myself often skipping cards, some of these Fight Night cards have just become a chore to watch for me. I been a fan since UFC 5, Dan Severn cleaning house!, but I'm struggling I admit, we are getting a lot of very low-level and amateurish MMA in UFC especially a lot of the WMMA, and UFC is trying to sell it to us as high level, but its certainly not.. for someone that goes to local amateur MMA shows sometimes I know what amateur MMA looks like and its crept into UFC.

I have no energy to even go into all the cancelled fights and champs not defending belts. Sad

Yeah that's cute u had that ready and all. Don't let the fact that it's actually true now dissuade u from feeling clever and stuff.

Gotta admit that was clever?

M7qLx_s-200x150.gif

if conor beats floyd MMA will get his 3th golden era.

it's not easy tho

I've said this before but MMA needs steroids to be entertaining. You can disagree with me all you want, but imo the best eras of MMA were when PED testing were at it's lowest.... And that includes the UFC.

that's an interesting point of view... pride fc wanderlei is a perfect example

Cancelled fights is absolutely what I was alluding to and is what fans are slow but surely giving up on the sport over.
How do you get excited over fights when you know half the time they're going to be cancelled because of an injury anyway?

Agreed. It's the very reason I'm not even thinking about Jones/Cormier II.

I agree whole heartedly. It's not the popular point of view. But it's clearly true.

weird you think that,
because it seems like my first post ITT is a hit.

<13>

Aww that's cute. Check out my op like count itt. U can compare it to ur first post itt, if u want. If u want.

Why u get dubs anyway? U actually seem cool. Hate to admit it, but it's true. U know I'm just bustin ur balls here right? Ur not a bad dude i don't think.

Back