Is "The Notorious" the greatest nickname in the history of sports?

It's one of the most unoriginal nicknames. Completely lifted from the Notorious B.I.G.
His original nickname was biggie smalls and pdiddy was orginally puff daddy, and money mayweather was originally pretty boy floyd

I always liked Johnny "super size me" Hendricks.

No, because that name was already used by someone who actually had more notoriety. And there are other names in MMA that are better.

Nothing beats "the axe murderer"
Sorry guys thats just way too violent to be topped. Add to the fact Wanderlei was stomping on people's faces and crazy shit yea....just beats the notorious in every way.

Brazilians do do it best.

Babalu got his nickname because that was the brand of gum he used to chew all the time as a kid.

Cigano means gypsie because Dos Santos used to have really long hair and his coaches thought he looked like a gypsie.

Jacarr means alligator because if he latches onto a limb, it's gone.
and then we have Shogun and Ninja. come on, every nationality has good fitting nicknames and silly goofy ones.

Nope

The Prodigy
The Phenom
The Axe Murderer
The Last Emperor
Shogun

Those are the best nick names ever.

The one and only Infamous Notorious "maybe the Diaz brothers coming to get me"

Not even close.

Roberto 'Hands of Stone' Duran
'The Greatest' Muhammad Ali
Nigel 'The Dark Destroyer' Benn
'Prince' Naseem Hamed
Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez
'Sugar Ray' Leonard
Joe Louis 'The Brown Bomber'
'Smokin' Joe Frazier
'Marvellous' Marvin Hagler
Thomas 'The Hitman' Hearns
'Iron' Mike Tyson
James 'Lights Out' Toney
Arturo 'Thunder' Gatti
Mike 'Bodysnatcher' McCallum
Manny 'Pacman' Pacquiao

I could go on and on....

Shogun? Rampage? Cro Cop? Kimbo Slice? These names have become more known than the fighters real names. That's how good they are.
Sugar Ray Robinson, his whole name isn't his birth name but the "Sugar" part has been copied to deacdes throughout the history of combat sports now. That's how good it is

No. It's probably the single lamest thing about Conor.

Notorious B.I.G. rip off.

69d861f1764596606d1464a7a1aa891d41a25569b9a62271debb42e517e7a194_medium

Sexyama is the greatest nickname.

Back