Is "The Notorious" the greatest nickname in the history of sports?

It's appropriate since he became notorious for criticizing fighters for turning into "panic wrestlers" but then went on to turn into one himself against Diaz.
One of the funniest self- ownings in mma history

Let's see.....was it notorious of him to tap? or to be gifted a title shot by uncle dana? or to run to boxing?
notoriousness is kinda like respect. it can be earned and lost. He doesn't look very notorious lately so my answer is no. it's not the best nickname.

your trolling, dear op, is becoming notoriously easy to detect. slow it down a tad?

Showeather is the best followed by Beastin' 25/8.

It's so classy and yet drives fear into the heart of Conor's opponents. I can't think of a better nickname in any sport. There have been a lot of good ones, but Conor just sets so many trends and is the best at so many things. Somehow he managed to pick the perfect nickname as well. I think in 100 years (Conor will be remembered forever) people will seriously be like "wow what a nickname" when looking back at his historic career.

Jesus christ get his balls out of your mouth

"Filthy" Tom Lawlor all the way.
2nd team honors go to "The Prodigy".

Also, I wouldn't get too worked up over having a serious discussion on this, as OP has obviously created a satirical McGregor fan account. But, some people are taking it seriously, so kudos on that.

It's better than yet another Pitbull, but it's not *that* great.
It's one of the most unoriginal nicknames. Completely lifted from the Notorious B.I.G.
This. He's swagger jacking Biggie, just like he swagger jacked the look and tattoos of that tattoo model.

He's a shameless swagger jacker.

The American gangster Chael Sonnen.

Never piss off a gangster.

"The Hero of Time" Sean Sherk
"K-1" Matt Hughes
Randy "War Cozad" Couture
Andy "The Warrior" Wang
Jose "Anderson" Aldo
I googled and I see his high school yearbook photo neighbor was Jim Cozad, but what's "War Cozad"?

Not a huge fan, but Big Country is a solid nick name.

Showtime was a great nickname when Pettis was a fucking boss. Seems less cool now that he sucks.

Don't like her, but in terms of nicknames, Cyborg is pretty BA (even though she inherited it from her ex).

Shogun and Rampage are both great as well, although I think a lot of the old pride nicknames get very overrated.

Notorious is a good nick name, but not great.

This man laughs at your stupid thread.
koreanzombie.jpg

The nickname by itself? Not really. What makes it cool is that Conor IS a notorious guy. It's not like those fighters who treat their nicknames like trade names, almost like, Rory MacDonald d/b/a Red King.
Rory will always be "the water boy" to me.

"Ruthless" is by far the best nickname of any fighter.

Back