Is McGregor genetically unable to increase his stamina?

Muscles? It's not like the guys is a jacked 230lbs guy...he's 175lbs...that's not anything to brag about...maybe to you it is...guys that have never set foot in a gym in their lives...but conor is a rather small thin dude...
So in your logic a guy cant be both small and muscular right??

Gassing Vs Nate Diaz at that kind of pace? Expected. It's Nate Diaz. Gassing in a boxing match with that kind of pace? Expected. He's not a boxer.

For me, there are two parts to look at.

First, Max Holloway. Conor fought Max Holloway at his typical style. He didn't gas what so ever, even had plenty of grappling exchanges and takedowns in there. Didn't gas at all.

Second, Chad Mendes. While he still finished it comfortably, Conor looked very tired after getting to his feet in the second round, despite easily staying in full guard and not having to work tonnes off of his back.

These throw it up in the air for me. I feel that the Conor that faced Eddie Alvarez would have easily went the distance at that pace had he kept it standing. But when the pace is slightly out of his wheelhouse, in that he gets taken down or pushed back, I think he loses it quickly. Honestly outside of HWs I've never seen a fighter as tired as Conor against Mayweather. I think he just absolutely turns the gas tank upside down and goes for it. Maybe that's how he has a bit of success, but really I could see that strategy going against him if he fights someone with enough footwork to run away from him and frustrate him. That being said, that level of footwork against someone with the forward pressure of Conor is a massive rarity.

I think DJ would give Conor a good fight tbh. Cruz is too hittable though.

I don't agree that conor was gassed against mendes...also remember that conor came into that fight with a knee injury so his training suffered. conor got right up in that 2nd round and proceeded to ko mendes like nothing...he didn't seem tired to me at all..

He's a very explosive athlete so his stamina will always be limited, I mean he'll never have the stamina of someone like Nate Diaz due to the different body types and attributes. However I believe he can still be much better at managing his energy, he still very much has the tendency to fight at a pace which his body can't keep. Against mayweather we saw this as he was already breathing after round 3 but still kept fighting on a high pace instead of resting and recollecting his energy.
Yoel Romero does this very well, extremely explosive guy but he's very good at managing his energy which has allowed him to still be explosive up to the last round, as he has many last round knockouts which you wouldn't expect from a guy like him.

So in your logic a guy cant be both small and muscular right??

He can be small and lean...to me muscular is dorian yates, arnold...even the rock...now that's muscular...conor has some muscle and is lean...

Clearly a thread created by someone who's never trained anything seriously. The more cardio you train the better it gets.
Conor doesn't train properly or he doesn't train enough.
If Frank Bruno can run the London Marathon at the age of 50, Conor can train to fight for 5 rounds.

He's a very explosive athlete so his stamina will always be limited, I mean he'll never have the stamina of someone like Nate Diaz due to the different body types and attributes. However I believe he can still be much better at managing his energy, he still very much has the tendency to fight at a pace which his body can't keep. Against mayweather we saw this as he was already breathing after round 3 but still kept fighting on a high pace instead of resting and recollecting his energy.
Yoel Romero does this very well, extremely explosive guy but he's very good at managing his energy which has allowed him to still be explosive up to the last round, as he has many last round knockouts which you wouldn't expect from a guy like him.

He doesn't need cardio equal to nate...all his cardio has to be, is good enough to go 5 rounds...or even 4 rounds, and just tough out the final round...but his fighting style is the biggest reason of his gassing...nate and nick both mix up their punches...most of their punches don't have alot of power...then they can suddenly put more power behind them...conor throws everything with power...at least in mma...in boxing, he tended to use alot of pitter patter punches...

He can be small and lean...to me muscular is dorian yates, arnold...even the rock...now that's muscular...conor has some muscle and is lean...
No you talk about juiceheads but I talk about muscles...at the end of the day its not a secret more muscles spends more oxigen

Would you rather Conor get ktfo slept without a ref? Or saved from further brain damage? It was a stoppage.

Saved from further braim damage.. haha. He was just gassing it was as simple as that.

Yeah i would of definately prefered Floyd to atleast knock him down lol.

The Ref stopped the fight to early, alot of top boxers have come out and said the same.

Conor was just tired. I would of prefered to see a definitive finish rather than that shotshow of a stoppage.. just another example of how corrupt boxing is.

Those bunch of yes man like Irish Edmond and that can Artem haven't helped him much either

No you talk about juiceheads but I talk about muscles...at the end of the day its not a secret more muscles spends more oxigen

Definitely true...someone with muscles has to work even harder on his cardio...but conor isn't a big bulky guy...and conor did go 5 rounds with nate...I'd like to see him get his cardio to the point where he can go 5 tough rounds, but only gassing in the 5th...late 4th round...

Saved from further braim damage.. haha. He was just gassing it was as simple as that.

The Ref stopped the fight to early, alot of top boxers have come out and said the same.

Conor was just tired. I would of prefered to see a definitive finish rather than that shotshow of a stoppage.. just another example of how corrupt boxing is.
IMG_1735.JPG

Seriously?

Stamina is more genetics than training for sure.

But that said everyone can improve their stamina.

Rugby and Soccer (football) are two of the most cardio intense sports and I played high level at both. I can tell you most guys (not gifted with cardio) would start running prior to the season starting so you did not get killed the first practice and puke.

I had friends/teammates who could show up day 1 with zero cardio training and yet push a pace like it was last game of the season cardio. One guy, ED, was super hard drinking partier who hated training cardio and yet on day one he could outrun everyone and often chased down, only losing to the guy on our team who was a competitive cross country runner who trained year around. It was funny seeing Ed show up day 1, hung over and push Dave to his limits to stay ahead of him. Had Ed ever trained his cardio seriously he would have been a real threat for maybe even the Olympics.

So yes while everyone can improve it is possible Conor at his best might still be behind the DIaz Bro's natural cardio rate without much training.

God help everyone if conor can improve his cardio to greater degree...

genetics has zero to do with it...if you train for it, it will improve...the diaz' have great cardio, cause of how they train and how they fight...it's not genetics...
100% false.

We are all different human beings and not robot templates. We are have different strengths.

You can improve your cardio versus your own baseline certainly but that does not mean others are not more naturally gifted in this area. See my post above.

Stamina is more genetics than training for sure.

But that said everyone can improve their stamina.

Rugby and Soccer (football) are two of the most cardio intense sports and I played high level at both. I can tell you most guys (not gifted with cardio) would start running prior to the season starting so you did not get killed the first practice and puke.

I had friends/teammates who could show up day 1 with zero cardio training and yet push a pace like it was last game of the season cardio. One guy, ED, was super hard drinking partier who hated training cardio and yet on day one he could outrun everyone and often chased down, only losing to the guy on our team who was a competitive cross country runner who trained year around. It was funny seeing Ed show up day 1, hung over and push Dave to his limits to stay ahead of him. Had Ed ever trained his cardio seriously he would have been a real threat for maybe even the Olympics.

So yes while everyone can improve it is possible Conor at his best might still be behind the DIaz Bro's natural cardio rate without much training.

Luckily, conor doesn't need to have the same level of cardio as nate...just enough for 5 rounds..

There seems to be some narrative that he can't run because of his knee and I've heard Bisping saying; 'get a thread mill, buddeh, if you want to improve your cardio' I reckon it's a slight mental thing. He's not used to being in wars - aside from Diaz II and maybe against Mendes in the 2nd round. Aside from Diaz, I can't see anyone taking some of the shots he landed on him. And while the likes of Ferguson and Lee probably won't stand with Conor, they have to get in close to try and grab him down.

Like someone said a few posts above, he probably needs to conserve his energy better and perhaps learning to breathe better the longer a fight goes. Cruz talked about how he learned some technique from a triathlete. That's two fights where his tank went completely - one in his pro boxing debut, in a 12 rounder against someone who is 49-0 - the 1st Diaz fight and he did have a lull in the 2nd Diaz fight, but Diaz was also gassed in the 4th round.

Back