Is McGregor genetically unable to increase his stamina?

Luckily, conor doesn't need to have the same level of cardio as nate...just enough for 5 rounds..
Agreed.

That said if you are a cardio machine that is something you can use as a weapon by pushing pace at all points in a fight and trying to over whelm your opponent with pace.

He doesn't need cardio equal to nate...all his cardio has to be, is good enough to go 5 rounds...or even 4 rounds, and just tough out the final round...but his fighting style is the biggest reason of his gassing...nate and nick both mix up their punches...most of their punches don't have alot of power...then they can suddenly put more power behind them...conor throws everything with power...at least in mma...in boxing, he tended to use alot of pitter patter punches...
I agree, that is what I mean. He has a lot more power instead of cardio. Maybe it came across differently but I mean the same.

The ref shouldn't of stopped the fight though. Just shows how corrupt boxing is.
I don't think it was corruption. Better that Conor comes back to MMA relatively unscathed than to get KTFO.

100% false.

We are all different human beings and not robot templates. We are have different strengths.

You can improve your cardio versus your own baseline certainly but that does not mean others are not more naturally gifted in this area. See my post above.

I agree with this as well...I just meant that anyone can improve. some people will be naturally stronger or faster or jump higher...but every person can improve on what they can do now.

It might be his blown knee. Shogun also has terrible cardio now and he used to have the best cardio in the sport. Rampage is another guy like that.

There seems to be some narrative that he can't run because of his knee and I've heard Bisping saying; 'get a thread mill, buddeh, if you want to improve your cardio' I reckon it's a slight mental thing. He's not used to being in wars - aside from Diaz II and maybe against Mendes in the 2nd round. Aside from Diaz, I can't see anyone taking some of the shots he landed on him. And while the likes of Ferguson and Lee probably won't stand with Conor, they have to get in close to try and grab him down.

Like someone said a few posts above, he probably needs to conserve his energy better and perhaps learning to breathe better the longer a fight goes. Cruz talked about how he learned some technique from a triathlete. That's two fights where his tank went completely - one in his pro boxing debut, in a 12 rounder against someone who is 49-0 - the 1st Diaz fight and he did have a lull in the 2nd Diaz fight, but Diaz was also gassed in the 4th round.
Ya his cardio has been no where near as bad as some like to pretend.

In the first Diaz fight he went all out early assuming, like in prior fights, he could finish him early if he could land big shots. So when he was landing big shots he stepped it up trying to finish.

it is a classic way to maneuver a guy in boxing into draining his gas tank. Ali called it the rope-a-dope where he baited guys to punch themselves out of gas and then he would take over and attack.

And ya once my knees where shot (as they are) my life in high cardio sports (Rugby, Soccer) at any high level was over. I am one of those guys who has to train cardio like an animal to keep up with the guys 'gifted' in it and even trying to ride stationary bikes (easiest on knees) to really push my cardio was not enough. Nothing pushes your cardio like just getting out and running hard thru circuit runs (sprints, distance, burst, etc) until you want to puke.

you can't fix your cardio at age of 30, you have to work as kid, teenager, to have great cardio as adult
Best cardio in the sport:

chael.jpg

I probably know alot more than you to be honest. Lol
No you really do not.

By boxing standards and rules that was a very normal stoppage. Conor was no longer mounting any effective offense and was just eating shots. Boxing no longer needs to see you KO'd or even that close for a fight to stopped and they will not just allow a guy to eat punches to demonstrate how tough he is and how he won't quit, and rightly so.

Conor was no longer even holding his hands up to protect his head and that is when ref's will quickly step in.

No you really do not.

By boxing standards and rules that was a very normal stoppage. Conor was no longer mounting any effective offense and was just eating shots. Boxing no longer needs to see you KO'd or even that close for a fight to stopped and they will not just allow a guy to eat punches to demonstrate how tough he is and how he won't quit, and rightly so.

Conor was no longer even holding his hands up to protect his head and that is when ref's will quickly step in.

Yeah i do.

and YES it was a bullshit stoppage. Conor was just buying time. Me and alot of pro boxers disagree with you.

I think a lot of fighters have to want to have that level of cardio. Most fighters are in pretty good shape, but that doesn't mean they explicitly train the "work" aspect of cardio. It takes a lot of effort mentally to listen to your body and make the right decisions regarding breathing and when to maximize or minimize your energy output to stay fresh for a 5 round fight.

There are always outliers though...the Frankie Edgars who are just gifted with that desire and ability to "work" for 25 minutes and have the technique and skill to keep themselves dangerous the entire time. This pretty much applies to any sport.

I don't agree that conor was gassed against mendes...also remember that conor came into that fight with a knee injury so his training suffered. conor got right up in that 2nd round and proceeded to ko mendes like nothing...he didn't seem tired to me at all..

I felt he was breathing really heavily when he got back to his feet. He absolutely proceeded to KO him like it's nothing but I feel like he is the kind of fighter who can keep that kind of power even late because he doesn't out a whole lot into his shots and relies on precision and timing. But yeah the knee injury could have held him back.

I feel like we aren't getting a clear look because we aren't seeing Conor just fight a run of the mill fighter. Cerrone, MJ...these guys have great cardio and Diaz sucked it all out of them as well. In addition to that, Conor went for it in those fights too aggressively and not really anyone can stand with a Diaz bro aggressively and keep coming. It would be interesting to see Conor do a 5 round fight with someone who isn't going to have an incredible pace. But unfortunately the little fucker keeps knocking those kind of guys out.

Yeah i do.

and YES it was a bullshit stoppage. Conor was just buying time. Me and alot of pro boxers disagree with you.
ya no. Sorry but you are still wrong. Lol at "buying time". for what? Maybe you can argue he was hoping to just survive the last few rounds and hope he won enough early rounds to still get the decision but all he was buying time for was more punches to the head as he was doing nothing to stop them other than eating them.

Are you actually suggesting Conor was buying time such that he was going to take over the fight action because that would expose you as pretty naïve if you think that.

Conor really isn't bulky though...

Its all relative........ at 185-190 my gf 's all called me skinny. Truth is my natural Lean hard weight is 165 at 6ft. YES TALL AND REALLY SKINNY... but 20-25 lb of muscle OVERTAXED my system.

Connor imo ????? But from 145 frame to fighting 155-70 ..imo BIG difference. 15lb more muscle is a LOT imo at that level. 20 lb for me was HUGE difference.

just saying.

First of all, you're retarded if you think Conor was doing well against Floyd....Floyd fought the simplest way possible, and gave Conor the first 3-4 rounds...Floyd literally threw nothing.

But yes, I agree, Cardio is genetic.....People seem to think that Cardio is something you work for...Sure it is, just like muscles is something you work for but genetics obviously play a huge fucking role.

Having said that...Conor needs to run more, the dude does bicycles and all this fancy shit just to not run...lol....I understand that he is afraid of re injuring his knee but he should still run more.

Most importanly conor's fight IQ is very low...That dude just spams shots...Just look at how he fought floyd, he rarely hit floyd and was just spamming shots..Anybody with a brain, knew Floyd was just taking it easy on him, and wanted him to gas but Conor kept spamming.

dduFeJk.jpg

Conor needs to be more efficient lol....Very low Fight IQ.

Doesn't gas running his mouth though... lol!

If he has knee problems, he should swim and train sprinting on a bike with the appropriate gear ratio to not strain or aggravate the injury. Short course triathlons may be a good compliment to his training.

Hanging with No-stamina-Kavanaugh, the circle jerk of yes men and super touch-butt man don't give him the right environment and time left over to refine his cardio.

But now he has 100 million reasons to not give a flying fv<k about what anyone says about his cardio.

There's too many sports industry experts these days, saying shit like "4 minutes of skipping under water is the same as running 10 miles a day".

The industry is full of charlatans, self promoters, fake sport scientists, and not enough old school coaches.

Back