Is GSP jealous of Conor's success?

I doubt he's jealous, but I'm sure his 'stock market' talk was partially about winning 3 belts.

What I found a bit odd was he talked about changing the game recently, yet also said he would retire if Bisping beats him. Probably GSP being a salesmen when talking about changing the game.

The PPV records, the money, the fame, winning two belts; worldwide phenom; he took everything from GSP that he once had to himself. Did this force him back? Now he wants to move up a weight class, try to get two belts when he had plenty of chances before, and he might even call out Conor. Is it envy?

I doubt it.

GSP has always been respectful and humble, a good example of a successful athlete.

Conor McGregor is a loudmouthed, self-promoting jack ass. If most of America wasn't brain dead and "Kardashian-style-celebrity-crazy", McGregor wouldn't be half the star he is now.

why would he? he's achieved much more. I don't know about the cash, but I think GSP does OK with hi sbig sponsorships, and in terms of accomplishements and legacy, he is in another category, a legit potential GOAT, while the other is a fad and wil leave no legacy aside from money talks etc.

I love how some Conor fans have the "world revolves around Conor" outlook. Its hilarious and slightly more pathetic than the normal "world revolves around me" thought that selfish individuals have.

exactly, it's like they are living their life through him instead of having one of their own, fucking groupies lol
<{clintugh}>

I'm gonna say 90% of the current UFC roster is jealous of Conor. They would all love to be in his situation financially and some are perplexed how he got elevated so fast.

GSP is financially stable and won, as well as having defended, the UFC title several times. He may not have had the mega payday of fighting Mayweather but other than that he’s much more successful than Mcgregor.

The PPV records, the money, the fame, winning two belts; worldwide phenom; he took everything from GSP that he once had to himself. Did this force him back? Now he wants to move up a weight class, try to get two belts when he had plenty of chances before, and he might even call out Conor. Is it envy?

This post is terribly ignorant.

(1) PPV records - GSP never had the PPV records. His PPV numbers were great, but he never broke 1 million, Brock Lesnar always had the PPV records (when they teamed up at UFC 100 they did 1.6 million). Ronda Rousey's PPV numbers were also higher than GSP's. GSP routinely did between 700k-900k with fights against BJ Penn, Nick Diaz, Carlos Condit, Jake Shields and Thiago Alves.
(2) The fame - No doubt Conor is the most famous MMA fighter in the world. GSP was probably the first with major cross-over appeal, though Randy Couture, Ronda, and others were also well known. But GSP hated being famous. Fame was never his motivation.
(3) Winning two belts - I think it's clear GSP is seeking to do the same. But he wouldn't be unique in this regard, BJ Penn and Randy Couture were both two division champions.
(4) Worldwide phenom - See fame.
(5) "he took everything from GSP that he once had himself" - Conor didn't take anything from GSP. I would urge you not to view the world as a zero sum game. Conor's gain didn't come at GSP's expense. It doesn't erase the fact that GSP is very famous and rich and successful. That is such a small-minded and narrow perspective. Conor has accomplished a great deal, but his accomplishments don't erase any other UFC fighters' success, including Jose Aldo. By that logic Nate Diaz took everything from Conor when he chocked him out.
(6) Force him back - GSP has not been forced back. He is coming back because he is a competitor and wants to test himself. You will never understand the mind of someone that driven because you have no accomplishments and can't comprehend the drive it requires.

Last edited:
I don't know, 21 and 3 with no MMA knockouts, vs 25 and 2 and a knockout where he tapped out to punches?

I don't recall seeing GSP gassing in the second round against a fighter who just came back from vacation and was fighting with no training camp. Just sayin'.
images

I'm gonna say 90% of the current UFC roster is jealous of Conor. They would all love to be in his situation financially and some are perplexed how he got elevated so fast.

they're probably more jalous of floyd though

It amazes me how little the people on this forum know about GSP. He’s one of the greatest mma fighters ever. Even if notnthe goat and ppv record holder. The guy is as pure a martial artist as anyone, ever.

Why? Because you believe WW is good?

Although WW isn't nearly as stacked now as it was in the past, to suggest WW in the past wasn't good is legitimately laughable. I mean, do you even watch MMA or just spout nonsense?

Although WW isn't nearly as stacked now as it was in the past, to suggest WW in the past wasn't good is legitimately laughable. I mean, do you even watch MMA or just spout nonsense?

Then laugh all you want. WW is more competitive now than it ever was. This notion that WW was a strong division is just a myth GSP fans spread around to advance their agenda that he belongs in a GOAT conversation. He doesn't.

You could say it was stacked with cans.....

Well he wants CMac money if that's what you mean, yes.

I read this sort of stuff and I always wonder if people are trolling or if this is actually the manifestation of their own insecurities?

Then laugh all you want. WW is more competitive now than it ever was. This notion that WW was a strong division is just a myth GSP fans spread around to advance their agenda that he belongs in a GOAT conversation. He doesn't.

You could say it was stacked with cans.....

GSP, Hughes, Kos, Fitch, Shields, Condit, Alves, Nick (when he wanted to fight), Hendricks. Not to mention the plethora of guys like Kampmann and Hardy etc...definitely cans.

Definitely a can filled division....

Again, I'm not sure if this is some sort of troll or not, but if it isn't, I suggest you get tested for CTE or something.

GSP, Hughes, Kos, Fitch, Shields, Condit, Alves, Nick (when he wanted to fight), Hendricks. Not to mention the plethora of guys like Kampmann and Hardy etc...definitely cans.

Definitely a can filled division....

Again, I'm not sure if this is some sort of troll or not, but if it isn't, I suggest you get tested for CTE or something.

All of those guys are inferior to today's LW, WW and MW. Apart from Bisping, which is why GSP wants this fight.

All of those guys are inferior to today's LW, WW and MW. Apart from Bisping, which is why GSP wants this fight.

This is very far from the truth my man.

Robbie Lawler hasn't changed his style much, his game is basically the same as it was before (except less KO's) and he was WW champ not too long ago. He wasn't even a top 10 WW during that era.

Back