Is GSP jealous of Conor's success?

Wrong Island TS.

518957.jpg

Everybody fights nobodies before they go to the UFC. In fact everyone is a nobody outside the UFC, and Bellator. You say with the exception of Duffy, but that's only because he's in the UFC. Nobody knew who Duffy was before he got signed. But you said record in general. Now your'e changing the argument to competition. Conor won two belts in two weight classes at the same time, against two of the best. To me that's more impressive than cleaning out a division.

Pommes et oranges.

Lets not make him out to some monster. He has 10lbs on stipe, hes not a 265 monster more like 256

Nope. But he figures he can make a few more bucks to make life easier. As much as conor? Nope. But he also doesnt spend like conor and is as humble as they come.

Gsp is a better ambassador for the sport.

GSP likes Conor from what I've seen. I don't know if he's jealous of his success though 'cause Georges doesn't like pressure. Conor has A LOT of pressure on him all the time but he enjoys it. Not many people are like that and I think after a long career in the spotlight like GSP has been, he doesn't want that kind of pressure on him anymore. He talked about it a lot going into like his last 3 fights against Nick, Condit and Johny.

Obviously he wants Conor money, but doubt he wants the same kind of fame. Pretty much everybody else is jealous though and some clearly wish they were him. If I was a fighter, I'd like to be paid well but I wouldn't want to be as famous as Conor is. That's too much for me. Fuck all that media shit. It's a circus every time he's fighting but he loves the attention now, unlike at first it was overwhelming. I wouldn't be able to put up with that level of fame. I doubt any of you can either. Being a celebrity and having fans all over you all the time would be annoying as fuck.

Everybody fights nobodies before they go to the UFC. In fact everyone is a nobody outside the UFC, and Bellator. You say with the exception of Duffy, but that's only because he's in the UFC. Nobody knew who Duffy was before he got signed. But you said record in general. Now your'e changing the argument to competition. Conor won two belts in two weight classes at the same time, against two of the best. To me that's more impressive than cleaning out a division.

Most people didn't know who Conor was before he got to the UFC, the fact remains he still lost Duffy and some Russian sounding name guy.

I'm not saying he hasn't improved significantly since then or that his wins against Aldo and Alvarez were not impressive, but that FW belt was put on hold specifically so he could claim to be the first to hold two belts simultaneously - anyone else who took 3 fights outside of his division ( 2 of them not even title fights) would have been stripped long before then.

GSP has been involved in as many title defences in the UFC as Conor has had UFC fights, mostly against No.1 contenders. I'm sure if GSP wanted to neigh on kill himself like Conor did to make weight at a lower weight class, he could have held 2 belts simultaneously as well, in fact I know he could have been because he already had a win over Sean Sherk (the LW champ at the time GSP beat Hughes).

The ting is, GSP was so good he's only had a few fights outside of the UFC. And once in there, he earned a title shot pretty damn quick as well. GSP has more top 5 wins than Silva and Fedor combined, many of those being top 10 p4p at the time of their fights. Can't compare his resume with Conor's... GSP's is on another level.

OP explained it pretty well, I thought.

The PPV records, the money, the fame, winning two belts; worldwide phenom; he took everything from GSP that he once had to himself. Did this force him back? Now he wants to move up a weight class, try to get two belts when he had plenty of chances before, and he might even call out Conor. Is it envy?

It's speculation. Yet you think it's obvious ?, what has GSP exhibited that makes you think he is envious ? - fighting at 185 ?.

Mostly the money and notoriety. And legacy, going for a belt above the weight class he was champion in. And him wanting to fight Conor. It's just my opinion, it seems obvious to me. No need to get rustled.

Mostly the money and notoriety. And legacy, going for a belt above the weight class he was champion in. And him wanting to fight Conor. It's just my opinion, it seems obvious to me. No need to get rustled.
Now that I think of the absurdity of this so called money fight with Bisping, I concede that GSP seeing Conor's success could have been a motivating factor in his return.

All weak competition. WW was and still is overrated and the most boring division.

not sure if you're trolling or not but that may be the absolute dumbest statement I've read on Sherdog outside of the MayMac subforum in a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time.

I don't think professional actors, athletes, business tycoons, etc. think the way you and I do. Conor has millions, GSP has millions...they're driving the same cars and boning the same quality of prostitutes. They're lovin life...it's only plebs like us trying to make it some pissing contest.

I'm sure he would love to have Conor's level of financial success, but I'm also sure he is mostly just happy for Conor. GSP has always struck me as a good guy.

That is highly stupid. If anything, it is because Conor has brought more attention into the sport, and made it grow, increasing the potential revenue for champions today, that GSP finds this to be a good time to return. In addition, USADA is now in full effect, so GSP does not have to worry about cheaters sleazing their way unjustly into success. In addition, he has a very good shot of winning a second title, one weight class up, which would ignite his stock and consolidate his legacy as the greatest of all time.

To think this has something to do with 'envy' is, well, dumb.

not sure if you're trolling or not but that may be the absolute dumbest statement I've read on Sherdog outside of the MayMac subforum in a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time.

Why? Because you believe WW is good?

Back