Is GSP jealous of Conor's success?

Maybe.

At the end of the day though, GSP is too much of a purist in his approach to be jealous like that. At least that's my guess.

He's got an actual legacy, too. Conor's legacy is in clobbering midgets, getting lulz'd by Diaz, and then lulz'd harder by Floyd.

The PPV records, the money, the fame, winning two belts; worldwide phenom; he took everything from GSP that he once had to himself. Did this force him back? Now he wants to move up a weight class, try to get two belts when he had plenty of chances before, and he might even call out Conor. Is it envy?

No. He's jealous of his hairline.

ZING !! <{1-9}> .

( Mcgregor's hairline is terrible btw)

You do realize you literally didn't state anything factual there? And why would I not bring up Silva? You're talking about MW. And GSP was champ the same time Silva was. It's a time period, direct comparison type of thing.

Are you really that dense? You do understand how arguing works right?

The only divisions that have a historical claim to being consistently better than 170 is just what you mentioned, 205, which only recently dropped off. Maybe 155 if you looked at all of the scattered divisions for it as one.

Other than that, pick a division and I'll argue head to head with it. 170 at the very worst is #3 for stacked divisions, I'd place it #2 behind 205.

And rofl, and when you finish with a claim like this:

That proves your argument is SO FUCKING WEAK, you have to resort to e-penis type claims to act like what your saying has relevance. You are a joke.

You are not the brightest cookie in the jar eh?

Resort to e-penis: you were the one calling me "a noob": now, that's a fantastic argument right?

What did you argue? You just repeated the old lie, that fans and the promoters alike have been spreading to convince people that 170 was interesting. It was a shallow division, and the only people who bought that sales pitch are demented GSP fans with an agenda. You are one of them, I caught you red handed - how's that ?

gtfo and go jerk off to his GH gut.

You are not the brightest cookie in the jar eh?

Resort to e-penis: you were the one calling me "a noob": now, that's a fantastic argument right?

What did you argue? You just repeated the old lie, that fans and the promoters alike have been spreading to convince people that 170 was interesting. It was a shallow division, and the only people who bought that sales pitch are demented GSP fans with an agenda. You are one of them, I caught you red handed - how's that ?

gtfo and go jerk off to his GH gut.

You didn't catch anyone redhanded, you didn't give a single argument for why any of the other divisions were tougher than 170. All you're doing is talking about some "old lie" that you've provided no evidence for. You have countered any point I've made so far.

I mean fuck. You implied 185 was a tougher division but when I called you out on it, you didn't even try to defend your point. Further indication that this opinion you hold about 170 is just opinion. The one counter point you bring up, you couldn't even defend.

Noob.

You didn't catch anyone redhanded, you didn't give a single argument for why any of the other divisions were tougher than 170. All you're doing is talking about some "old lie" that you've provided no evidence for. You have countered any point I've made so far.

I mean fuck. You implied 185 was a tougher division but when I called you out on it, you didn't even try to defend your point. Further indication that this opinion you hold about 170 is just opinion. The one counter point you bring up, you couldn't even defend.

Noob.

And you did? All you do is cry noob dumbass..

I didn't imply anything, you can use your stupidity to misrepresent what you please.

What I caught is a typical, canonical GSP fan who peddles this lie of the competitiveness of the 170 division. LOL.

You're the noob, I've been involved in MMA for much longer, I can see through the BS.

And you did? All you do is cry noob dumbass..

I didn't imply anything, you can use your stupidity to misrepresent what you please.

What I caught is a typical, canonical GSP fan who peddles this lie of the competitiveness of the 170 division. LOL.

You're the noob, I've been involved in MMA for much longer, I can see through the BS.

And you still proceed to state nothing relevant. You're bad at this.

During GSP's reign, the only division with a potential claim within the UFC to being more stacked was 205. And it's a fact that during GSP's reign, he was regarded as the champ who consistently faced the toughest competition.

Please find one place where promoters ever pushed that GSP fought the stiffest competition. That was something fans and reporters pushed, never the UFC. So you're not even correct there.

Literally, everything you bring up is unprovable and half of your claims aren't even true.

There's only one person whose talking about 170 being a myth, and its you. Given your clear lack of MMA history (probably from having started watching post-2010), there's literally no reason anyone should take what you're saying realistically.

I'll wait until you come back with something concrete. But we both know you're just going to sling some more petty insults that have no real substance. Let's see how much longer you'll keep it up.

And you still proceed to state nothing relevant. You're bad at this.

During GSP's reign, the only division with a potential claim within the UFC to being more stacked was 205. And it's a fact that during GSP's reign, he was regarded as the champ who consistently faced the toughest competition.

Please find one place where promoters ever pushed that GSP fought the stiffest competition. That was something fans and reporters pushed, never the UFC. So you're not even correct there.

Literally, everything you bring up is unprovable and half of your claims aren't even true.

There's only one person whose talking about 170 being a myth, and its you. Given your clear lack of MMA history (probably from having started watching post-2010), there's literally no reason anyone should take what you're saying realistically.

I'll wait until you come back with something concrete. But we both know you're just going to sling some more petty insults that have no real substance. Let's see how much longer you'll keep it up.
<{nope}>GSP fangirl got triggered.
Only you, GSP fangirls, believe this nonsense that "GSP faced the toughest competition". It's also a convenient way to justify his inability to finish a fight from '09 to '13. It really takes a noob to believe these urban legends....lol.

It's a lie, just like you were often lied to when promoters announced one-sided fights are "competitive". They did it for over two decades now, and noobs like you believe it.

I follow vale tudo, that became "MMA", since 1992. You're a child for me. And all you are, is a GSP fan, the most pathetic and easily triggered fanbase in mma.

Only you, GSP fangirls, believe this nonsense that "GSP faced the toughest competition". It's also a convenient way to justify his inability to finish a fight from '09 to '13. It really takes a noob to believe these urban legends....lol.

It's a lie, just like you were often lied to when promoters announced one-sided fights are "competitive". They did it for over two decades now, and noobs like you believe it.

I follow vale tudo, that became "MMA", since 1992. You're a child for me. And all you are, is a GSP fan, the most pathetic and easily triggered fanbase in mma.

Rofl. You posted literally how I said you would. Petty insults with no real substance.

You're so desperate to think your opinion matters that you're now making totally irrelevant claims that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Just give it up. But we both know you won't. You're going to respond with more nooby claims, and another claim about how you're a salty old man that's been watching MMA since 1992.

If you're actually as old as you say you are, it's kind of pathetic you are this bad at arguing. My God man, you must have barely made it through high school.

Rofl. You posted literally how I said you would. Petty insults with no real substance.

You're so desperate to think your opinion matters that you're now making totally irrelevant claims that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Just give it up. But we both know you won't. You're going to respond with more nooby claims, and another claim about how you're a salty old man that's been watching MMA since 1992.

If you're actually as old as you say you are, it's kind of pathetic you are this bad at arguing. My God man, you must have barely made it through high school.

LOL, from the idiot whose only point is that "I'm a noob".

You are just a GSP fan....you guys are easily triggered and outright boring tbh.

I'm not stating my opinions here: just facts. 170 was overrated: you are too naive to think the media and the UFC are independent. That's not true in any sport, not even in politics.

You have not made any argument. There is nothing to argue: I'm simply breaking the news to you. 170 was not any more competitive than the other divisions throughout the 2000s. There was a hype on the division because fans wanted to watch "the bigger men" and to hype 170, there was a massive overrating of their skills and so on. Later, GSPists, as I like to call you noobs, used this as an argument to elevate GSP to a level he does not belong to. It's ridiculous, you are ridiculous.

But it hurts to be proven wrong, I know you are now unhappy and won't accept a reality that conflicts with your beliefs.

If GSP were jealous of any fighter, he would have come back a long time ago.

He is back because he has been watching the paydays that Rousey and McGregor were racking up.

He likely figures he is still young enough and healthy enough to use his legacy to get a couple of superfights and then retire again. I mean come on, he is fighting Bisping, not like he's going to get a career ending sub or CTE from him...

GSP is pretty much univerally considered the top GOAT candidate (especially with Silva failing his drug test and losing a bunch of fights in the twilight of his career, Fedor, similar scenario sans drug failure).

He faced all of the top welterweights during his tenure and avenged his only two losses. The only close fight he had (aside from dropping a round to Shields) was with Hendricks which despite the controversy he won based on the points system. Given how off Hendricks has been since the implemention of USADA and that he flat out refused to take the extra drug testing that GSP wanted for their fight, it's safe to assume that he had some "help" for his fight with GSP.

GSP's inability to finish fights came as a result of changing his fighting style and stepping up in competition.

Say he was unable due to what, a lack of skill? What does that say about Robbie Lawler? Since his return to the UFC, 5 of his wins were decisions... How do you explain that genius?

Or Tyrone Woodley? in his last 6 wins he had 3 decisions and a draw?

There are two of the top "current" welterweights in the UFC and they are running at more than 50% decision win rates.

GSP is pretty much univerally considered the top GOAT candidate (especially with Silva failing his drug test and losing a bunch of fights in the twilight of his career, Fedor, similar scenario sans drug failure).

He faced all of the top welterweights during his tenure and avenged his only two losses. The only close fight he had (aside from dropping a round to Shields) was with Hendricks which despite the controversy he won based on the points system. Given how off Hendricks has been since the implemention of USADA and that he flat out refused to take the extra drug testing that GSP wanted for their fight, it's safe to assume that he had some "help" for his fight with GSP.

GSP's inability to finish fights came as a result of changing his fighting style and stepping up in competition.

Say he was unable due to what, a lack of skill? What does that say about Robbie Lawler? Since his return to the UFC, 5 of his wins were decisions... How do you explain that genius?

Or Tyrone Woodley? in his last 6 wins he had 3 decisions and a draw?

There are two of the top "current" welterweights in the UFC and they are running at more than 50% decision win rates.

bla bla bla

The two reasons GSP fans consider him "GOAT".
(1) He fought tougher competition.
That's a lie
(2) Silva failed a drug test.
He needs the career of another guy to be the best? Weak argument.

I think it's more him following what Conor did under favorable circumstances with Bisping being champ instead of one of those monster contenders. Knows his "stock" will skyrocket among the masses if he enters 2-div champ category.

Calling out Conor means the biggest UFC fight ever, which he's after at this point, having defended the belt already for years. Legacy, money and European strikers with limitations as opportunities.

Easy to see the difference compared to other smaller guys who've moved up, though.

LOL, from the idiot whose only point is that "I'm a noob".

You are just a GSP fan....you guys are easily triggered and outright boring tbh.

I'm not stating my opinions here: just facts. 170 was overrated: you are too naive to think the media and the UFC are independent. That's not true in any sport, not even in politics.

You have not made any argument. There is nothing to argue: I'm simply breaking the news to you. 170 was not any more competitive than the other divisions throughout the 2000s. There was a hype on the division because fans wanted to watch "the bigger men" and to hype 170, there was a massive overrating of their skills and so on. Later, GSPists, as I like to call you noobs, used this as an argument to elevate GSP to a level he does not belong to. It's ridiculous, you are ridiculous.

But it hurts to be proven wrong, I know you are now unhappy and won't accept a reality that conflicts with your beliefs.

Lol what? Massive hype?

You seem to forget how long 170 was relevant, and how many draws were at 170 prior to GSP every showing up. 170's reputation as having quality fighter was established by the likes of guys like Hughes, Newton, Penn, Trigg, and by bringing in crossovers like Sakurai to further bolster Hughes reputation. 170 was already a well regarded division before GSP ever showed up.

You claim to have followed the sport so long, but you fail to acknowledge the healthy lifespan 170 had prior to GSP's arrival. It has been stacked for as long as its been a division, comparatively. FFS, Hughes was viewed as #1 p4p for a long time because of who he was beating and how he was beating them.

You're so obsessed with GSP that you look at 170 as if the division has always revolved around him. It sounds like, despite you're frequent claims to have watched MMA since Vale Tudo, you don't even know much about the division.

And rofl. Overrating their skills. You're going to tell me 205 and 185 were better than 170, based on who exactly? Or how about HW? The UFC 205 division, which was viewed as the B-Level division to PRIDE's. Or 185, where fans were accusing the UFC of not bringing in the best 185 pounders out of fear that they would be Rich Franklin. And 155 wasn't even brought back until 2008.

So you're not just a salty old man, but a dumb one at that. Learn your MMA history. Nothing you are saying actually fits into the timeline of these divisions.

You're blowing your credibility. But then again, you didn't start with any.

Last edited:
Lol what? Massive hype?

You seem to forget how long 170 was relevant, and how many draws were at 170 prior to GSP every showing up. 170's reputation as having quality fighter was established by the likes of guys like Hughes, Newton, Penn, Trigg, and by bringing in crossovers like Sakurai to further bolster Hughes reputation. 170 was already a well regarded division before GSP ever showed up.

You claim to have followed the sport so long, but you fail to acknowledge the healthy lifespan 170 had prior to GSP's arrival. It has been stacked for as long as its been a division, comparatively. FFS, Hughes was viewed as #1 p4p for a long time because of who he was beating and how he was beating them.

You're so obsessed with GSP that you look at 170 as if the division has always revolved around him. It sounds like, despite you're frequent claims to have watched MMA since Vale Tudo, you don't even know much about the division.

And rofl. Overrating their skills. You're going to tell me 205 and 185 were better than 170, based on who exactly? Or how about HW? The UFC 205, which was viewed as the B-Level division to PRIDE's. Or 185, where fans were accusing the UFC of not bringing in the best 185 pounders out of fear that they would be Rich Franklin. And 155 wasn't even brought back until 2008.

So you're not just a salty old man, but a dumb one at that. Learn your MMA history. Nothing you are saying actually fits into the timeline of these divisions.

You're blowing your credibility. But then again, you didn't start with any.

That's a lot of words to repeat the same old lie.

I already told you. You are not capable of seeing the truth. You are a GSP fangirl, and you NEED this to be a realistic version for your own self-esteem.

That's a lot of words to repeat the same old lie.

I already told you. You are not capable of seeing the truth. You are a GSP fangirl, and you NEED this to be a realistic version for your own self-esteem.

And once presented with real objections, you just dismiss and run away.

It's pretty clear you don't know what you're talking about. Stop pretending like you're a long time MMA fan. You're not.

And once presented with real objections, you just dismiss and run away.

It's pretty clear you don't know what you're talking about. Stop pretending like you're a long time MMA fan. You're not.

I'm right here, nobody is running away.

I know a lot more than you, so much so, that I even explained WHY you think the way you do. It's ridiculous, you're are JUST a GSP fan - to be one, requires warping reality itself.

LOL, I've been involved in MMA way before you knew about it. There were no BJJ gyms in the US, we traded VHS tapes...

I'm right here, nobody is running away.

I know a lot more than you, so much so, that I even explained WHY you think the way you do. It's ridiculous, you're are JUST a GSP fan - to be one, requires warping reality itself.

LOL, I've been involved in MMA way before you knew about it. There were no BJJ gyms in the US, we traded VHS tapes...

There were sporadic BJJ gyms in the US, they just didn't stay open long. The guys in the area I'm in jumped from gym to gym in the 90s to find grapplers to train with. Your "VHS training" isn't fooling anyone, everyone has heard those stories. Find an account of something that isn't readily stated online.

I'm not warping reality at all, just calling out a GSP hater whose pulling conclusions that have little to do with GSP himself. Your failure to defend the other divisions really drives the point home you don't know what you're talking. Despite me raking 155, 185, and HW across the coals, you haven't stuck up for any of those division's quality.

You may as well just say all the divisions were shallow. That's more true than his 170 narrative you're trying to push. There is literally nothing to show that 170 was a thinner division than 155, 185, 205, or HW in that era.

Back