Is Dragon Ball Super WORSE than Dragonball GT?

Which Series is WORSE?

• DragonBall Super

• DragonBall GT

Results are only viewable after voting.
okay okay, everyone in this thread watch hunter x hunter and then come back to me and tell me how you feel about dragon ball super, i'm serious here.

Two different animation companies you are dealing with here, and i want you to see which is better then the other. Also HxH was made way back in the late 90's but the creator is as bad as GRR Martin and Berserks Kentaro combined with his hiatus. Nonetheless they redid the animation a few years ago, up till the recent ark, and you all have to see that first, then draw your own conclusions on the new dragon ball super.

Still love Super. Watched it every week. Can't wait for fat Beerus to come

large.jpg

That is amazing! Thank you good sir for the laugh :D

Love how the kid actually looks concerned/scared.

Super is really shitty as was the Resurrection of F movie. It's disappointing that the comeback of Dragon Ball has been so bad quality-wise. It's sad to say but Dragon Ball is way past its prime.

BTW everyone should go and watch One-Punch Man. Animation-wise it blows Super out of the water. And some of the fight scenes in OPM are really DB-esque, just way better animated.

DBZ was great until buu got awakened. I personally loved the great saiyaman saga. World tournament saga had the horrific scene where Videl just gets mercilessly smashed by that buff dude. The voice actress actually made a sound that sounded more like a pig squealing than a human. That shit was rough as fuck.

Babidi and the fights in his spaceship were cool along with the whole Majin vegeta thing. But once they woke Buu up, all the fights were lame. It was a struggle to finish the last leg.

I never had much hope for DBS. DB and DBZ will always be great though. An awesome adventure story of martial arts and friendship and such. Great stuff. Shit had me busting out pushups and kicks in my living room when I was a kid

The Buu saga was a massive clusterfuck. You had like 15 versions of Buu and it was never clear who was the strongest. They had like 5 character reach new levels of Super Saiyan and Fusions and each one meant fuck all in the end because Goku used a regular ass spirit bomb to win.

Kid Buu was the strongest.

Do you remember DBZ at all? At the part where Super Buu (basically 3 forms, just depends on who he has absorbed at the time) turns into Kid Buu after Goku and Vegeta take Piccolo, Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Mr. Buu (fat Buu) out of Buu's body, Buu freaks out and says how Goku and Vegeta basically fucked up and he turned into Kid Buu, his normal form.

You'll have to watch it again, Buu wasn't happy about having to turn back into his normal form because even he realizes how crazy he is as Kid Buu.

And at the end when Goku won with the spirit bomb, he was actually really lucky because Buu threw it back at him. Even with the power of everybody from earth (all the Z fighters included) wasn't enough, they had to wish Goku's power level back to normal.

Technically, Buu would've won that shit because Goku was tired, had no energy left from fighting and got lucky in the end. Kid Buu was actually the strongest in the universe up until that point, see Resurrection F about how Frieza was terrified of only Beerus and Kid Buu, the two strongest in that universe by far.

Yes, I literally finished watching DBZ again like 3-4 months ago so I remember all this shit.

After Frieza the show become "what bullshit level of Super Saiyan can Goku become to beat the next villain with a spirit bomb?"

You mean other than the 50% of major villains he beat without a spirit bomb?

I was a dbz fan back in the shows prime. Right now my biggest complaint about super is how they've had Vegeta doing such ridiculous things... But thats Japanese comedy for you. Japanese culture tends to display the same sense of humor that I had as a 6 year old child.

One question Ive had since I watched the Freeza movie is how their power works because clearly its not in the way I previously understood it. Is Goku no stronger than an average human and only channeling energy within him to augment as strength? Otherwise I don't understand how he got wrecked by a gun shot towards the end of the movie. Especially since there has been many scenes in the past of people taking gun shots and otherwise being blind sided without taking any damage. It doesn't make sense to me how Goku was fully powered up into his god form and was shot as if he was a normal human. in the original series Bulma shot kid goku in the face with a gun and it had no effect on him. And this was back when Goku at full power was only a few levels above the average human.

Anyways, I always suspected that all the GT hate was just people jumping on a bandwagon. I thought GT was a good show and I think the super sayian 4 form is much cooler than the super sayian god form. So far I do like the Whis and Beerus character so the show hasn't been too bad for me up until this point outside of their abuse of Vegetas character.

In the movies the power levels were totally messed up as well.. I think the shows creator might have some series mental issues.. I don't see why no one would bother to sit him down and explain to him why freezas henchmen shouldn't be able to touch Anyone except Roshi and krillian. Piccolo was going 1v1 vs the androids who were stronger than freezas max who was massively stronger than his henchmen. And in the movie Freezas man clearly said that the army was weaker than ever. So they basically dropped everyones power level back to pre-namek except for goku and vegeta.

When does Super begin? Is it right after GT? Are there movies and OVAs to watch? I haven't watched anything new after GT and all the movies since the last one from that era. I know there is new content and I'm sure it is not nearly as good, but I'd like to start watching and judge for myself.

Basically, where should I start looking for the new movies and series. Sorry, I'm too lazy.

Super takes place soon after the death of Majin Buu, Which means prior to the final episode of Z.

I could be wrong about this but I read that the creator has officially declared GT as non cannon so its not to be consider a part of the official storyline.

Super takes place soon after the death of Majin Buu, Which means prior to the final episode of Z.

I could be wrong about this but I read that the creator has officially declared GT as non cannon so its not to be consider a part of the official storyline.
Yeah GT is non cannon. Which is odd since they kept Uub, but he turned out to be a bust anyway -_-

One thing I hope Super addresses, Which they partially already have during their training with Whis, is the major character flaws between goku and vegeta. As much of a Goku fan that I am it always made me cringe when he does things that are boarder lined mentally retarded. Like Abandon his family to go train with Ubb.. And the way Goku generally carries himself like a child. I hope part of their training with Whis involves Goku and Vegetas mental maturity as they work towards their completion as warriors.

Kid Buu was the strongest.

Do you remember DBZ at all? At the part where Super Buu (basically 3 forms, just depends on who he has absorbed at the time) turns into Kid Buu after Goku and Vegeta take Piccolo, Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Mr. Buu (fat Buu) out of Buu's body, Buu freaks out and says how Goku and Vegeta basically fucked up and he turned into Kid Buu, his normal form.

You'll have to watch it again, Buu wasn't happy about having to turn back into his normal form because even he realizes how crazy he is as Kid Buu.

And at the end when Goku won with the spirit bomb, he was actually really lucky because Buu threw it back at him. Even with the power of everybody from earth (all the Z fighters included) wasn't enough, they had to wish Goku's power level back to normal.

Technically, Buu would've won that shit because Goku was tired, had no energy left from fighting and got lucky in the end. Kid Buu was actually the strongest in the universe up until that point, see Resurrection F about how Frieza was terrified of only Beerus and Kid Buu, the two strongest in that universe by far.

Yes, I literally finished watching DBZ again like 3-4 months ago so I remember all this shit.

I've always heard Buu who absorbed Gohan was much stronger than Kid Buu and this is what's been debated for years for no one can agree who was actually stronger.

I've always heard Buu who absorbed Gohan was much stronger than Kid Buu and this is what's been debated for years for no one can agree who was actually stronger.

I guess only the writers really know.

Super Buu (Ultimate Gohan form, I prefer calling him Ultimate Buu but some people might complain about that since it's actually the wrong name, just easier to tell them apart) may have been the strongest, but Kid Buu was the most dangerous because he simply didn't care about destroying the planet he was on and just wanted to kill everybody/everything. That's why Buu freaked out and said how Goku and Vegeta fucked up because Kid Buu is a complete monster and he (Buu) knows it. He never wanted to go back to that form and I think it's because he couldn't really control himself.

Really, the strongest would probably Super Buu with Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks absorbed - when Buu had the vest on that only fusioned saiyan's have - but if eventually wore off like all saiyan fusions (unless you have the kai earrings, which makes it permanent).

So, I guess even though Kid Buu may not actually be the strongest, he's still the most dangerous and unpredictable, which makes him a bigger threat than any other Buu by far.

Buu with Gohan absorbed was the strongest version of Buu. If you watch how easily this version of Buu dispatched Goku as ss3 vs how well goku held his own vs kid buu you can see the difference in power.

The argument of Kid Buu being the strongest comes from the fact that he didn't have to absorb others to be as strong as he was. Kid buu was his true form without the Kai's inside of him making him weaker. The version of Fat Buu was a result of Kid Buu absorbing one of the Kai's. This turned him into a much weaker and stupid creature that could be controlled which ended Buu's reign of destruction in the past. Turning into Super Buu was a result of the Fission off Kid Buu and the Kai's that he absorbed in the past that were hindering his power and altering his mind.

At least that was my understanding of it.

The Buu saga was a massive clusterfuck. You had like 15 versions of Buu and it was never clear who was the strongest. They had like 5 character reach new levels of Super Saiyan and Fusions and each one meant fuck all in the end because Goku used a regular ass spirit bomb to win.
I think Ultimate Buu was actually the strongest out of the Buus (after he absorbed Ultimate Gohan). And anyone that says they didn't think it was bad ass when Goku and Vegeta fused to become Vegito is a damn liar. I personally think android/cell saga is the best, but IMO Buu saga was still pretty solid.

I think Ultimate Buu was actually the strongest out of the Buus (after he absorbed Ultimate Gohan). And anyone that says they didn't think it was bad ass when Goku and Vegeta fused to become Vegito is a damn liar. I personally think android/cell saga is the best, but IMO Buu saga was still pretty solid.

My biggest problem with the Buu saga was when Goku claimed that he could have killed Majin Buu when he first encountered him as Fat Buu. But didn't because he wanted to give his children a chance to save the world.. That retardation is what I'm hoping to see his training with Whis fix. Turning Goku into an efficient killing machine instead of an ego nightmare that spends 4 episodes gradually increasing his power to have fun instead of crushing the threat immediately.

The only reason Majin Buu was a problem is because of the character flaws of Goku and Vageta. If they had both attacked Fat buu at full power at the same time the moment they saw him instead of playing rock paper scissors then the Buu saga would have been over on the first episode.

Even Cell could have been delt with much sooner if it wasn't for the insane ego of Vegeta and Goku. Freeza is my favorite era of DBZ because Freeza was the only villain that was was a natural life form and never showed an opportunity to be defeated before the final battle.

Even Cell could have been delt with much sooner if it wasn't for the insane ego of Vegeta and Goku. Freeza is my favorite era of DBZ because Freeza was the only villain that was was a natural life form and never showed an opportunity to be defeated before the final battle.

I agree with ur sentiment on Frieza. The ginyu force, zarbon and dodoria and the the fight with frieza were all awesome. Frieza was a great character, really owned his role. He was the biggest dick of all dicks and he knew there was nothing you could do about it.

The whole fight had so much tension. Frieza had such mystique bc all his henchman gave the zfighters such trouble and he was way stronger than them. Vegeta and him facing off initially, piccolo's fight with him and when Goku shows up were all incredible moments. Oh and Goku going fucking SS! Awesome stuff. Oddly the older I get, the more I like DBZ

I agree with ur sentiment on Frieza. The ginyu force, zarbon and dodoria and the the fight with frieza were all awesome. Frieza was a great character, really owned his role. He was the biggest dick of all dicks and he knew there was nothing you could do about it.

The whole fight had so much tension. Frieza had such mystique bc all his henchman gave the zfighters such trouble and he was way stronger than them. Vegeta and him facing off initially, piccolo's fight with him and when Goku shows up were all incredible moments. Oh and Goku going fucking SS! Awesome stuff. Oddly the older I get, the more I like DBZ

Ironically Frieza's hubris is the only reason he was defeated. The same reason I criticize goku and vegeta in the future battles. If Frieza had gone to maximum power and beast moded everyone then it woulda been game over on day one. Instead he toyed around with them and didn't take it seriously until he was confronted with an unexpected transformation that over powered him. Basically the reverse of Cell and Majin Buu story.

Back