Is DC "ducking" Jon?

Yes he absolutely is. I can explain why in point form for mouthbrethers.

- When DC got the brock fight on tap he seemed to acknowledge that brock wouldn't be ready til spring next year

- Knowing point 1, he claimed interest in defending the LHW title before that fight which is realistic and doable. He targets shogun before the anthony smith fight.

- After antony smith knocks shogun out in a matter of seconds, dc doesnt mention shogun or anthony smith.

- After this, gustuffson calls for the fight knowing the lane is wide open and he is coming off spectacular win against glover texieria. DC says they are never sharing the octogon because he made no money fighting him. Calls him entitled.

- Jones comes around, free to fight after October 28th. DC sees no reason to fight jones, has a bigger fight ahead with brock. So he doesn't need jones.

So im summation,

Dc was looking to fight shogun. When that fell through he turned down gustuffson predominantly citing a lack of compensation. Now Jones comes around and mind you, this is the person he's made more money fighting in his career on any isolated occasion. And this is a guy who has fought anderson silva AND a LHW champ who fought for the HW belt.
He has no reason to not fight jones. He could fight brock after losing and have 2 huge paydays vs one absolutely massive ones, but is choosing not to. The reason why is simple.

DC is looking to retire with the LHW belt. As not defending it astronomically increases his chance to retire with 2 titles. Especially if he fights jones or gustufson. That's why he'll fight shogun.

No hate on DC. I like the guy. But this is just straight facts.

Can't lie but these aren't straight facts at all. DC hasn't acknowledged Brock is only eligible in Spring of next year because he's eligible in January 2019. Secondly Gustafsson isn't coming off a win over Glover, it's been almost a year and a half since. DC called him entitled because Alexander seems to be calling for title shots after very little activity (pulled out of the short notice Smith fight). Hence why DC called him entitled.

I think the issue with DC not wanting to fight Jones is because he doesn't want to give Jones a shot at the title; this is the man who's failed 2 drugs tests in his last 2 scheduled bouts incidentally against DC. Why does he get the chance to? I think after the Brock fight there's potential for that fight to take place but for right now, Jones can sit on the sidelines.

Crazy idea here, but yes the best fighter should be fighting for the title nobody's ever won from him, including the present day champion he both has successfully defended against and taken the belt from.

You mean the two times PED snitch bitch that got his belt taken away for being a pussy that can't fight someone smaller and 10 years older than him without PEDs?

Comier should tell the UFC and Jones to go fuck themselves and wait for his red panty night, Jones can fight for a paper belt against Alexander The Diva Gustafson.

Because Jones is a fuck up, and tested positive for steroids twice against DC? Jones is a piece of shit, and doesn't deserve a shot. Like I said - If I was DC - I'd tell Jon to eat shit, and make him fight Gustafsson again. Then retire after I beat Lesnar. He's not worth going through a training camp, only for him to fuck up again.
Lesnar hasn't been cheating? One standard only pal...

DC is 250 lbs waiting for Brock. I doubt Jon is going to fight him at HW.

Jj is a cheating POS so is Lesnar, can we all at least have one standard here ?

Its not ok to fight a cheat for money and not the other for legacy.

Lesnar hasn't been cheating? One standard only pal...

Never said he did. I said why would DC ever fight Jones again after Jones tested positive twice against him? He cheated the man. Why would you reward that behavior, and Jon's shittiness with a title shot? Lesnar fucked up once, but he hasn't fucked over DC yet, so why wouldn't DC fight him? Now if Lesnar pops before or after that fight - then you have a point. He hasn't yet. Lesnar is also an easy 8 million dollars, and the fight was made long before Jon paid off USADA to get a lighter sentence. Who in their right mind turns down 8 million+ for a fight against a guy who might not even make it to the fight? Jones isn't dependable. You're acting like we should all just stop what we're doing and give Jon whatever he wants regardless of the fuck ups, ruined fight cards, and damn near killing people. You've got some weird priorities.

Fighters can refuse to fight him, forcing him to effectively be sidelined/suspended until they feel his time served is on par with the sentencing everyone else has received. I don’t think it’s ducking as much as it is blackballing him out of a payday he shouldn’t be getting quite yet.

Never said he did. I said why would DC ever fight Jones again after Jones tested positive twice against him? Why would you reward that behavior, and Jon's shittiness with a title shot? Lesnar is an easy 8 million dollars, and the fight was made long before Jon paid off USADA to get a lighter sentence. Who in their right mind turns down 8 million+ for a fight against a guy who might not even make it to the fight? Jones isn't dependable. You're acting like we should all just stop what we're doing and give Jon whatever he wants regardless of the fuck ups, ruined fight cards, and damn near killing people. You've got some weird priorities.
Yuo, I guess it's weird choosing being the best over money when you are already rich ...

I think DC would fist fight jones if they saw each other on the street...let alone getting paid a mill for it.

Yuo, I guess it's weird choosing being the best over money when you are already rich ...

Why do you care about one of them being the best? Jones clearly doesn't give a fuck since he cheated the guy twice already. You're not the best if you had to take steroids to beat a dude smaller than you, and almost 10 years older than you. You don't reward shit behavior, and unsportsmanlike behavior with a championship fight. How many more times does Jon need to fuck someone over, ruin another card, or run his car into someone while he's coked up before you change your mind?

And yes, any sane person on the verge of retirement chooses an easy $10 million over rewarding a fuck up who cheated you twice already, and with a gifted championship fight, and championship money. I hope no one agrees to fight him, and he has to sit for a long, long time.

Last edited:
It's an irrelevant question. Why should DC give Jones another shot?

To please a relatively small percentage of hardcore fans? Obviously, Cormier prioritizes a big payday and retiring without any more losses more than that, and I completely appreciate and agree with that.

Fuck Jones - put him at the back of the line - let him fight a few guys and show he won't cheat again. Also, if I was DC I'd make Jones fight at HW

Do you think Jones deserve an automatic title shot without fighting anyone?

Using the UFC rules of the last 5 years he more than deserves it. He generates money and was the champ when stripped so even then he has a strong case based on the USADA ruling. I jsut hope DC doesn't give him a shot any time soon.

I wonder, is his hand more messed up than DC thought at first, or maybe not healing as it should? Right after UFC 226 he was saying “I’m going to need about two months for this thing to get back to where I can start using it again in combat." Two and half months later, Dana's saying it's "still messed up" to the point where matches can't even be discussed?

I think DC's eyeing his self-imposed retirement date and getting a little nervous that all his desires won't fall neatly into place in the time left. He claimed his dream scenario for his two last fights was Lesnar (for the pay) and Jones (for the payback). But when do you slot in Jones? As he's nursing his injured hand, he must be concerned about the possibility of sustaining injuries from that fight that would prevent him from meeting with Lesnar. And revenge don't put two kids through college.

DC is a good man in a corrupt world. Why would he observe your subjective views over who he should fight when a corrupt system is allowing cheaters to go free?

Brock is a bigger payday then Jon, and a more interesting matchup.

Edit - unless DC juices and fights Jon.
Interesting like dc should beat Brock’s no stand up game.. kind like jones vs dc but Dc is Jones and Brock is dc. We know the out come of both fights. Dc beats Brock 9 out of 10 times, jones beats Dc 9 out of 10 times.

Dc was smart he ducks jones. Fights Brock win or lose retires after to not fight jones.

I think he just wants Brock first and then he wants Jones as his last fight.

Back