Is DC "ducking" Jon?

I don’t think so. I thought DC was going to fight Brock and then retire. I still think he will fight Brock, then retire.

He’s old and still scored a massive achievement in his last fight. He wants a big payday and then to stop fighting, which at his age is more than understandable.
That's the thing.
I agree with you on all accounts, but lets not forget he is a competitor, and a fierce one at that (you don't go to the Olympics and become the team lead if you are not highly competitive).
And while I like how he dictated and always maintained he would retire in 2019, I do think he should have taken this fight. If he were to win this fight, both losses to Jon would be marked as "PED" in them, no matter if Jon was indeed using or not... and Due to inactivity, this would be a highly winnable fight for DC.

But yeah... at the end of the day, Lesnar would be the money fight to propel him a good retirement fund... no need for this match...

He's ducking anyone that is a threat

The man was trying to pick a fight with the ghost of Shogun
smh
He was on a 3 fights win-streak.... It would be a good story for both guys.

Rampage vs Wanderlei... Rampage was able to redeem himself partially in the third fight after two losses.
Not really.... Wandi was not the same when they fought last. Doesn't really count.
in their primes, Wandi had Page's ass.

Jon popped in 2 of their scheduled fights.

If I were DC I wouldn't waste my last career fight on a guy that might not make it to the Octagon because he is too self destructive.

I also don't think Jon should be allowed to fight.

But things being what they are I honestly believe DC Jones 3 will be DC's last fight. Too much money on the table and the competitor in him has to want to fight the one guy who bested him. I'd honestly be surprised if he fights twice and Jones isn't one of them.

Hell I could see Brock not making it to the Octagon and Jon stepping in on short notice to fight at HW.

It's too early to say. Long and the short is I think DC is in the right for saying Jon is behind him but I also don't believe him.
Yes I am biased as DC is my favorite fighter and Jones used to be.
I hear ya, man.
I agree with you (if Jon fights twice), but he said Lesnar would be his last, so his only chance to fight twice would be fighting someone by the end of the year.

It’s a mix of both ducking and not wanting to reward a cheater with another fight. Which one you gravitate more towards depends how much of a fan/hater you are
As I said, to me it is the patter. but I am sure the competitiveness in DC is eating him alive... he must want that win badly, which is why the only thing that reasons with me, is to stick it to Jon...

Considering all that is happening,and has happened he doesnt owe you demanding little shit for brains anything until he sees how things play out. He's supposed to be fighting lesnar,and Jones' suspension isnt even over yet. It would make sense Jon take another fight before DC anyway. Gus would be the obvious one.
awww so cute. Mad about something?
Seems reading & comprehension is not your forte, is it?
I did not demand anything. And Lesnar's suspension isn't over yet as well... matter of fact, it will be over far AFTER Jon's. So your point is as asinine as you didn't cobntradict anything i said. You actually contradicted what DC said...

Not really.... Wandi was not the same when they fought last. Doesn't really count.
in their primes, Wandi had Page's ass.
Jones may not be the same either coming back or by the time he earns a title shot.

Jones may not be the same either coming back or by the time he earns a title shot.

At the very most I think Jones should be fighting Gus for an interim LHW belt.

If he wants to fight at HW he should face Stipe.

I think he is just being wise there. It is not ducking if you can't bring as much money on the table as Brock can. DC shouldn't fight any one else than Brock at this point. Others can only make him unmarketable against Brock. Now he is at the point when he can make the best income in his career. Championships mean nothing, but marketability means, that's why those 2 belts are important and the winning streak.

Jones reprehensible fan base are in a hurry to see DC lose again,after seeing all that he accomlished while Jones languished in Roid Hell,until he snitched his way out. Thats all this thread is. Jones isnt even eligible to fight again yet,and they somehow demand DC state clearly and immediatley that he will fight Jones,even though he has another fight in a different division lined up right now,as if he owes Jones something. Fuck you all.
Still mad, I see.
Well, you are not that bright,m so let me try to enlighten you.
I never demanded anything of DC.
If anything, it was DC who said he would fight at LHW in November/December THEN he'd fight Lesnar and retire.

By the way, Lesnar is also suspended and can't fight. He will be eligible to fight months after Jon... so why are you trying to make a point that Jon is not eligible ?

Yes he absolutely is. I can explain why in point form for mouthbrethers.

- When DC got the brock fight on tap he seemed to acknowledge that brock wouldn't be ready til spring next year

- Knowing point 1, he claimed interest in defending the LHW title before that fight which is realistic and doable. He targets shogun before the anthony smith fight.

- After antony smith knocks shogun out in a matter of seconds, dc doesnt mention shogun or anthony smith.

- After this, gustuffson calls for the fight knowing the lane is wide open and he is coming off spectacular win against glover texieria. DC says they are never sharing the octogon because he made no money fighting him. Calls him entitled.

- Jones comes around, free to fight after October 28th. DC sees no reason to fight jones, has a bigger fight ahead with brock. So he doesn't need jones.

So im summation,

Dc was looking to fight shogun. When that fell through he turned down gustuffson predominantly citing a lack of compensation. Now Jones comes around and mind you, this is the person he's made more money fighting in his career on any isolated occasion. And this is a guy who has fought anderson silva AND a LHW champ who fought for the HW belt.
He has no reason to not fight jones. He could fight brock after losing and have 2 huge paydays vs one absolutely massive ones, but is choosing not to. The reason why is simple.

DC is looking to retire with the LHW belt. As not defending it astronomically increases his chance to retire with 2 titles. Especially if he fights jones or gustufson. That's why he'll fight shogun.

No hate on DC. I like the guy. But this is just straight facts.
That is about the same reasoning I got.

They've already had two fights and DC has been fairly open in accepting that he lost (he might be bitter about the steroids issue but he has acknowledged the losses). He only has another couple of fights left and just wants to move on and finish his own career without always being the other half of "John Jones vs. ...", that doesn't seem like such a terrible thing.

I mean its really rather appropriate for Jon to have to take a contender fight, right? He's gone from suspension to instant title fight, to suspension, to instant title fight, and now he's been suspended again. Another title fight?
Since when does the UFC care about doing what's appropriate? Or the fans for that matter. Let Jon Jones be Cormiers big brother again, god dammit.

But its ok to fight another usda cheat instead ?

It’s not the same thing and you know it.

Cormier is not on a crusade against drug cheats. His bouts with Jon Jones have affected him on a personal level and his efforts were in vain against Jones because he refuses to show up to give him a fair fight.

He has like 2 fights left in his contract, he's after that $$$. Doub't he gives AF about Jon anymore. Even if Jon wins again he'll probably just pop right after. Why waste his time?

Y'all tryin to make DC sound shook when it comes to Jon but Jon was so scared of DC he didn't think he couldn't win without steroids soo........

Back