Is DC "ducking" Jon?

Crazy idea here, but yes the best fighter should be fighting for the title nobody's ever won from him, including the present day champion he both has successfully defended against and taken the belt from.
You're acting like he hasn't just done that and lost the title. Surely he has to prove he can actually get through a fight.

He lost twice, if you lose twice its unlikely you'll win the third time. He's a champion of two weignt classes, he wouldn't duck any clean fighter
Rampage vs Wanderlei... Rampage was able to redeem himself partially in the third fight after two losses.

You're acting like he hasn't just done that and lost the title. Surely he has to prove he can actually get through a fight.

He's lost the title for reasons except his fighting skills.

He should only be fighting contenders if he's defending against them or for an entirely new belt.

Of course he is. He wouldnt fight again against Jon even if his life depended on it which is why they must give Jones the Brock Lesnar fight instead

Jon popped in 2 of their scheduled fights.

If I were DC I wouldn't waste my last career fight on a guy that might not make it to the Octagon because he is too self destructive.

I also don't think Jon should be allowed to fight.

But things being what they are I honestly believe DC Jones 3 will be DC's last fight. Too much money on the table and the competitor in him has to want to fight the one guy who bested him. I'd honestly be surprised if he fights twice and Jones isn't one of them.

Hell I could see Brock not making it to the Octagon and Jon stepping in on short notice to fight at HW.

It's too early to say. Long and the short is I think DC is in the right for saying Jon is behind him but I also don't believe him.
Yes I am biased as DC is my favorite fighter and Jones used to be.

He's lost the title for reasons except his fighting skills.

He should only be fighting contenders if he's defending against them or for an entirely new belt.
Yes, but you realise the promotional issue with putting a title on a guy who has immediately been forced to abandon it after one fight the last two times? Jon needs to prove he can actually stay in action to be a champion.

It’s a mix of both ducking and not wanting to reward a cheater with another fight. Which one you gravitate more towards depends how much of a fan/hater you are

Considering all that is happening,and has happened he doesnt owe you demanding little shit for brains anything until he sees how things play out. He's supposed to be fighting lesnar,and Jones' suspension isnt even over yet. It would make sense Jon take another fight before DC anyway. Gus would be the obvious one.

Makes sense to take the giant "fun" money making fight with brock who DC likely wants on his resume of w's.
DC is a competitor and i guarantee it burns in his stomach when he thinks of jones
Id assume he wants to get a w over him. dc has 2 fights left, in his mind if he beats lesnar why wouldnt u want to try to get a win over ur arc rival.

Or you could assume he doesnt want to take the chance with his legacy with a 3rd jones matchup.

Jones reprehensible fan base are in a hurry to see DC lose again,after seeing all that he accomlished while Jones languished in Roid Hell,until he snitched his way out. Thats all this thread is. Jones isnt even eligible to fight again yet,and they somehow demand DC state clearly and immediatley that he will fight Jones,even though he has another fight in a different division lined up right now,as if he owes Jones something. Fuck you all.

Last edited:
When he got the belt, he maintained he would defend the LHW belts by the end of the year (November or December) then fight Lesnar on SuperBowl weekend and retire after that.

Now that Jon is free to fight him, he claims "why should I? I'm past that!!"

Look: personally, I don't think he is afraid. That's not it.
But I do think he does not want to give Jon a third match. Simple as that. (Ducking to spite, but still ducking).

What say you, Sherdog?

1) Ducking
2) Not ducking
3) Maybe

Mods: if you could put a poll, I would thank you for that.

Love DC BUT he is ducking. He wants to cruise into retirement with the presumption that jones only got the upper hand due to the roids. He certainly doesnt want that comfort taken away several months before retirement.

He should have requested Jones and not insist on fighting another juice monkey.

Currently he is ducking nobody. If in fact he only fights Brock and then retires, the argument can be made he ducked the JJ trilogy. The amount of roids in JJ's system were likely not enough to enhance his performance the night he knocked him out, and legions of fans likely still believe Jones to be the real GOAT. If Cormier wants to be known as the greatest ever, when the time comes, he must accept the challenge. He knows very well what that would do for his legacy.

From a financial standpoint, it makes sense to fight Brock at HW, and then JJ after at LHW again, as those would undoubtedly be huge paydays he could then retire with.

I wouldnt fight a guy 10 years younger who beat me twice before and got away with roiding. Specially when i am 40 years old and I have a more winnable, profitable fight lined up.

Dc worked hard, he deserves a multi million dollar fight before he leaves.

Brock Lesnar is free money. A very winnable fight, and DC will probably get 5-8 Million easy in PPV money. Biggest payday he'll ever get. That'd be like throwing away a winning powerball ticket to buy a bunch of scratch off tickets. Plus Jon popped twice for steroids in two of their fights - why the hell would he bother?

Love DC BUT he is ducking.

Settle down,Beavis

“We’ll see how this thing plays out,” White said about Jones vs. Cormier. “First of all, Cormier’s hand is still messed up from the fight with Stipe [Miocic]. We’ll see how this whole thing plays out. This thing just happened yesterday with Jones. Who saw that coming?

Settle down,Beavis

“We’ll see how this thing plays out,” White said about Jones vs. Cormier. “First of all, Cormier’s hand is still messed up from the fight with Stipe [Miocic]. We’ll see how this whole thing plays out. This thing just happened yesterday with Jones. Who saw that coming?

So butthead , he is not pulling out of the Lesnar fight because of his hand, right ?

So why not swap opponents to cement his legacy?

So butthead , he is not pulling out of the Lesnar fight because of his hand, right ?

So why not swap opponents to cement his legacy?
"We have to see how this thing plays out"

First of all Brock might not be interested in coming in if its not for the world title,and Brock takes priority over everything else because of the audience he brings. Contracts may have been signed.Theres alot of factors at play here,and you are a fool if you think things are gonna happen that quickly.

Calm down, he's fighting Bork Lazer in a few months. Jon can wait until after that.

Yes he absolutely is. I can explain why in point form for mouthbrethers.

- When DC got the brock fight on tap he seemed to acknowledge that brock wouldn't be ready til spring next year

- Knowing point 1, he claimed interest in defending the LHW title before that fight which is realistic and doable. He targets shogun before the anthony smith fight.

- After antony smith knocks shogun out in a matter of seconds, dc doesnt mention shogun or anthony smith.

- After this, gustuffson calls for the fight knowing the lane is wide open and he is coming off spectacular win against glover texieria. DC says they are never sharing the octogon because he made no money fighting him. Calls him entitled.

- Jones comes around, free to fight after October 28th. DC sees no reason to fight jones, has a bigger fight ahead with brock. So he doesn't need jones.

So im summation,

Dc was looking to fight shogun. When that fell through he turned down gustuffson predominantly citing a lack of compensation. Now Jones comes around and mind you, this is the person he's made more money fighting in his career on any isolated occasion. And this is a guy who has fought anderson silva AND a LHW champ who fought for the HW belt.
He has no reason to not fight jones. He could fight brock after losing and have 2 huge paydays vs one absolutely massive ones, but is choosing not to. The reason why is simple.

DC is looking to retire with the LHW belt. As not defending it astronomically increases his chance to retire with 2 titles. Especially if he fights jones or gustufson. That's why he'll fight shogun.

No hate on DC. I like the guy. But this is just straight facts.

Back