Movies INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY (New Trailer, post #484)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't really say [insert name] should stop directing. It's not like anyone is forcing you to watch it, lol.

It's pretty easy to avoid watching a movie.

Well now I'm curious. . .

Which of his recent films HAVE you seen and what did you not like about them?

Bridge of Spies
Munich
BFG

I have mentioned wanting to see The Post but I haven't yet and will probably see RPO

I think we have talked about Bridge of Spies before in one of the many Spielberg threads. I remember thinking it was just boring but I cant give you any specific examples.

Munich was actually pretty good, I remember it being a tad long tho

BFG is just a pile of turd with no redeemable factors

Bridge of Spies
Munich
BFG

I have mentioned wanting to see The Post but I haven't yet and will probably see RPO

I think we have talked about Bridge of Spies before in one of the many Spielberg threads. I remember thinking it was just boring but I cant give you any specific examples.

Munich is excellent, perhaps even a masterpiece. One of my favorite Spielberg movies.

You should also check out Lincoln. It's definitely one of the better films he's made in the past decade.

I'll agree that The BFG wasn't great. I'm surprised you watched that one before you checked out something like Lincoln.

Munich is excellent, perhaps even a masterpiece. One of my favorite Spielberg movies.

You should also check out Lincoln. It's definitely one of the better films he's made in the past decade.

I'll agree that The BFG wasn't great. I'm surprised you watched that one before you checked out something like Lincoln.

Why doesn't he write more?

He has written some pretty good stuff like Goonies, Poltergeist, Close Encounters

Dude should write his next movie

They need to press the torch to Jonathan Ke Quan

Why doesn't he write more?

He has written some pretty good stuff like Goonies, Poltergeist, Close Encounters

Dude should write his next movie

I've wondered that before actually. Who knows.

Maybe he doesn't enjoy the process or maybe he thinks others do the job better than he can.

Bridge of Spies
Munich
BFG

What the....?

Munich is arguably one of his best. And Bridge of Spies was really good as well. A bit low key but overall I thought iw as excellent. Didnt see BFG because I had no interest.

Ready Player One looks awesome.

What are you smoking?

Ultimately it is what it is, a kids film that doesn't make much effort for a wider appeal.

There is probably a case to be made though that Spielberg is best suited to more serious cinema these days and ultimately I'd hope for that from Indy 5, more of a cold war spy film. Obviously still have some action but not pushing things in the cartoonish direction of Crystal Skull.

Bridge of Spies isn’t some game changing movie that will knock you outta your seats.

With that said, it’s filmed pretty damn perfectly and while there is nothing outstanding about it, there is also nothing bad about it.

It is what it is, just a very well done film about this one particular story.

Bridge of Spies isn’t some game changing movie that will knock you outta your seats.

With that said, it’s filmed pretty damn perfectly and while there is nothing outstanding about it, there is also nothing bad about it.

It is what it is, just a very well done film about this one particular story.

A big issue as well is actually getting an interesting script, Crystal Skull for me was a script produced to order lacking the inspiration of previous Indy(well Raiders and Crusade anyway). Thinking on the positive side perhaps Lucas selling his company has given him a bit of time to come up with some decent ideas to build a script around?

A big issue as well is actually getting an interesting script, Crystal Skull for me was a script produced to order lacking the inspiration of previous Indy(well Raiders and Crusade anyway). Thinking on the positive side perhaps Lucas selling his company has given him a bit of time to come up with some decent ideas to build a script around?

They should do something with Atlantis

They should do something with Atlantis

Yep that's always stood out as the obvious plot to me, especially in a cold war environment. The religious material I think worked better with the Nazi's because it naturally fed into their ideology.

Last edited:
Yep that's always stood out as the obvious plot to me, especially in a cold war environment. The religious material I think worked better with the Nazi's because it naturally fed into their ideology.

Plus nazis are easy to root against.

What would be another good adventure For Indy besides Atlantis?

Fountain of youth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back