Movies Back to the future trilogy vs indiana jones trilogy

tomjones

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
For me this was a difficult decision. Both trilogies are up there with the best trilogies ever made.

The flaw I found with the back to the future trilogy was the 3rd film. To me, it just seemed like a made for TV western. It was a decent film, but it was no where near as good as the first two.

As for the original indiana jones trilogy, I enjoyed all 3 films. George Lucas has written some great stories in his career, and the Indian jones trilogy is no exception. It was also Speilbergs great direction which brought good stories to life on the big screen.

Overall my choice for the better trilogy is indiana jones, as it doesn't have a weak link.

Back to the Future I is God Tier

b497a5591b52ea317e8f4313d5075d54.gif

Back To The Future is the best trilogy of all time

Man I love Back to the Future part I. Part II is pretty good and III is kind of shit.

As for Indiana Jones. Raiders is a classic. Temple of Doom is vastly underrated and Crusade is another classic.

Tough choice, but Indiana takes it.

For me this was a difficult decision. Both trilogies are up there with the best trilogies ever made.

The flaw I found with the back to the future trilogy was the 3rd film. To me, it just seemed like a made for TV western. It was a decent film, but it was no where near as good as the first two.

As for the original indiana jones trilogy, I enjoyed all 3 films. George Lucas has written some great stories in his career, and the Indian jones trilogy is no exception. It was also Speilbergs great direction which brought good stories to life on the big screen.

Overall my choice for the better trilogy is indiana jones, as it doesn't have a weak link.
Yep I'd agree, I think Back to the Future 2 is a great sequel that manages to both call back a lot to the original whilst bringing a great deal new to the table but the 3rd film just runs out of steam a bit. Its not bad but just feels a bit low effort as a rather cheap looking western were we see a lot of previous stuff redone and a rather generic romance, merely a good film up against 5 great films in the rest of the franchises.

I think Indy has the advantage that it goes one way then another, Temple of Doom really plays up the classic Hollywood adventure influences strongly but in an entirely new setting, Last Cursade then becomes rather more modern and meta revisting Raiders a lot more but as a father/son story. Result is all of the Indy films I think end up feeling very fresh, not just recycling the same formula or character interactions.

Its also why I think the Indy sequels were always doomed to fall short, the franchise has already have the "revist" film done to cap it off back in the day.

Last edited:

1704155916159.png

You need an AV, so here you go, Tom Jones...

1704156034386.png

The Last Crusade is overrated

The best scene in the film is when Indy bumps into Hitler & then leaves for the plane. 'no ticket'

It's the weakest of the Indy trilogy.

To be transparent I never found the hoopla behind the Back To The Future sequels, so Indiana Jones

Back to the Future parts 1 and 2, Raiders and Last Crusade are four of my all time favourite movies. Back to the Future part 3 and Temple of Doom are both kind of meh to me.

Back