Movies INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY (New Trailer, post #484)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: Dec. 1, 2022

Official Trailer for INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY

Update: March 15, 2016

Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg Returning for INDIANA JONES 5 in 2019

mY480Br.jpg

Indiana Jones is swinging back into theaters. Steven Spielberg will direct Harrison Ford in the untitled fifth installment in the action-adventure franchise, which will open July 19, 2019, Disney announced Tuesday.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Disney chairman Alan Horn. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy — who now is president of Lucasfilms, home of the series — and Frank Marshall will produce. The married duo are intimately involved with Indiana Jones; Kennedy worked on the original Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) as an associate to Spielberg, while Marshall was the producer. Both were involved with the next three films, all of which Spielberg directed.

While Marshall and Kennedy have made it clear in recent months that there is only one Indiana Jones for now — Harrison Ford — the fifth installment will likely expand the storyline to include younger actors.

Disney and Paramount reached an agreement in 2013 giving Disney control over all future films. Paramount retains rights to the first four films and will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

This will be the first Indiana Jones movie that does not include George Lucas' participation. Lucas and Spielberg famously hatched the idea for the series while vacationing in Hawaii after the release of the first Star Wars movie, and Lucas served as executive producer of films in the series. In 2012, Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney.

Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg to Return for Indiana Jones 5 with a July 9, 2019 Release Date

Last edited:
Will this be the movie where he passes the torch to Chris Pratt or Tom Hardy?

as long as it is nothing like that train wreck known as Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, will watch

Holy shit, we actually have a release date. This is getting serious.

I'll say that I'm excited about this for two reasons:

1. It gives Ford and Spielberg the opportunity to go out on a high note instead of Crystal Skull being the last Indy film they made together.

2. If they want to do a torch pass instead of a reboot, this will give them a way. And holy shit, they need to pass that shit NOW because GODDAMN Ford is getting old. I'm a little scared to see what he's actually going to look like on screen, trying to be Indy and do the action stuff.

It will look weird when he is still playing Indiana Jones in a wheelchair

Last edited:
I hope they put a torch to George Lucas.

Ford is... not aging well.
Very true. This next movie will be about solving the mystery of where his jacket and hat end and where his skin begins.

Why .... seriously ... nothing can end with dignity anymore, things have to played out to death and beyond until the dead horse is beaten with a dead horse :(

They should get the guy playing young Han Solo to play Indiana Jones' other newly found son.

They should do an all female remake.

It will look weird when he still playing Indiana Jones in a wheelchair

It'll be fine. The ancient Egyptians used ramps all over the place.

I can't wait to see what magnificent idea Lucas can't be talked out of this time. I predict leprechauns, the kind that Lucas thinks will be utterly charming and lovable. #irishjarjar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back