Ice Cold Igor Vovchanchyn Vs UFC Top 15 2018

An MMA legend and of huge entertainment value, but what is it about a guy that couldn't finish a whole pleathora of undersized mid level Japanese fighters makes people think he would be competitive with anyone fighting today? He lost modt of the fights he had against proven, internarional competition. He had 3-4 wins against guys that would struggle to he in the top 50 now.

He couldn't hang with the best back then and he couldn't now

Is it because he pulls out of a fight a week before hand and Stipe can take a nice nap because of it?

Prime Cain showed up and shit kicked JDS twice. He’d cut thru Stipe worse than Struve did.

Ngannou is #1 and he is just a fucking puncher LOL

I think top five would be easy for him.

Last edited:
I don’t really care—it would be awesome to have him.

Entertaining and fun.

A fighter to the core.

Today’s fighters are athletes who fight, though some exceptions (hunto, conor, maybe a few more).

Some of today’s fighters are competitors who happen to fight (dc, tj).

Igor was a tough guy that fought. This isn’t to say he lacked skill—he didn’t, but first and foremost he was a destructive force.

Lmao @ casuals underrating Igor Vovchanchyn

Prime Igor is easily top 5 in any UFC division he chooses
he's being overrated in this thread he was a good fighter back when NHB was still a thing. Once he got to Pride he was a gatekeeper he had good KO power and started to show a better grappling game around the time retired but was still pretty average.

Out of his 66 or so fights, 38 opponents weren’t good enough to even have wiki pages. Holy can crushing Batman!

I think Igor would KO the shit out of Derrick Lewis & a lot of other heavyweights.

Oh look, another historical fighter the “hardcore” community loves to overrate because the casuals have never heard of him. It’s like they think exaggerating the talents of older less mainstream fighters demonstrates their deep knowledge of the sport lol.

Igor was juiced to the gills and he didn’t even accumulate a .500 record against opponents ranked in the top 10. Just stop.

He merks everyone except maybe Overeem, but Overeem is tentative now Igor probably beat this version.

A young Igor could get used to weight cutting and easily make middleweight. He wrecks most of them. Many light heavyweights as well.
I'm not convinced he does better at MW or LHW. Guys there are still 6'+. So he's still going to be a midget, and he's not going to be ripped. He will have less of a speed advantage. So he's gonna be outmuscled too. He might lose his punching power as well like Shane Carwin did when he lost weight.

His speed and power is what made him great.

Even with him being very undersized in this generation I see him using his explosiveness and Power to annihilate most of the division. The division is filled up with experienced athletes who are out of there physical prime right now and only able to stay at the top because of being crafty veterans. And the younger athletes just don't seem to have the skills to get to the top. I think there are a couple guys might be able to defeat Igor Stipe Oleinik maybe blaydes
12451.jpg

Ice Cold Igor Vovchanchyn
Age 30
Height 5 ft 7 in
Weight 230
Reach 68 inc

Champion : Stipe Miocic
1 Francis Ngannou
2 Alistair Overeem
3 Alexander Volkov
4 Curtis Blaydes
5 Fabricio Werdum
6 Derrick Lewis
6 Mark Hunt
8 Marcin Tybura
9 Andrei Arlovski
10 Aleksei Oleinik
11 Stefan Struve
12 Tai Tuivasa
13 Shamil Abdurakhimov
14 Junior Albini
15 Justin Willis
0-15
EDIT: "0-16"

Even with him being very undersized in this generation I see him using his explosiveness and Power to annihilate most of the division. The division is filled up with experienced athletes who are out of there physical prime right now and only able to stay at the top because of being crafty veterans. And the younger athletes just don't seem to have the skills to get to the top. I think there are a couple guys might be able to defeat Igor Stipe Oleinik maybe blaydes
12451.jpg

Ice Cold Igor Vovchanchyn
Age 30
Height 5 ft 7 in
Weight 230
Reach 68 inc

Champion : Stipe Miocic
1 Francis Ngannou
2 Alistair Overeem
3 Alexander Volkov
4 Curtis Blaydes
5 Fabricio Werdum
6 Derrick Lewis
6 Mark Hunt
8 Marcin Tybura
9 Andrei Arlovski
10 Aleksei Oleinik
11 Stefan Struve
12 Tai Tuivasa
13 Shamil Abdurakhimov
14 Junior Albini
15 Justin Willis

5'7 230 holy shit.

...Dude must have been a TANK

he's being overrated in this thread he was a good fighter back when NHB was still a thing. Once he got to Pride he was a gatekeeper he had good KO power and started to show a better grappling game around the time retired but was still pretty average.

He had like 300 fights between boxing, Sambo, kickboxing and NHB by the time PRIDE was around.

An MMA legend and of huge entertainment value, but what is it about a guy that couldn't finish a whole pleathora of undersized mid level Japanese fighters makes people think he would be competitive with anyone fighting today? He lost modt of the fights he had against proven, internarional competition. He had 3-4 wins against guys that would struggle to he in the top 50 now.

He couldn't hang with the best back then and he couldn't now

Today I learned Yuki Kondo was mid level.

wut

He'd be too small, but he could crack anyone who trades with him. He would be one of the quicker guys in the division.

I loved Igor, but come on guys.

He was beat by Coleman, Tre Telligman etc.

He was a beastly "Gen 1" fighter from the old days of NHB - there is no way he is competitive among today's heavyweight monsters. He would be very similar to a Mark Hunt - dangerous to trade with on the feet, but could probably be neutralized with wrestling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back