Ice Cold Igor Vovchanchyn Vs UFC Top 15 2018

This is a terrible thread.

He loses to basically anybody relevant today.

He lost to very marginal fighters, and beat very very marginal fighters.

He was good at the time, when all of this was new. A fan favorite definitely.. but he would never make it to anywhere now. He wasnt even a top guy in Pride

You honestly think Lewis would beat Igor? Or shadow of Arlovski? Common son.

We talking about the same Igor who faced like 3 legitimate opponents during his run and lost to the best one by far in it? And then proceeded to lose the majority of his big fights afterwards too?

Igor was an exciting fighter. Appreciate him for what he was. But he loses to a lot of the top 15. Same way he used to.

This is a terrible thread.

He loses to basically anybody relevant today.

He lost to very marginal fighters, and beat very very marginal fighters.

He was good at the time, when all of this was new. A fan favorite definitely.. but he would never make it to anywhere now. He wasnt even a top guy in Pride

Well, he did beat big and skillful guys like Kerr, Carlos Baretto, Yvel. V. Overeem, Goodridge.

Half of UFC's top 15 aren't much more advanced than them.

Another important thing that these pride nerds fail to take into account when comparing older fighters to day age fighters is…USADA! 100% of those pride fighters were on roids, how would they look off of them??? Fighting today’s fighters the older fighters would have to go through usada/testing…maybe they don’t even make it to fight night or maybe they make it to fight night and look like shit. Igor would be a gatekeeper to the ufc for hws is all…

He was a short fat man that could kick box kinda well. He would get absolutely destroyed these days by HWs, and Im a huge Igor fan from way back.

Another important thing that these pride nerds fail to take into account when comparing older fighters to day age fighters is…USADA! 100% of those pride fighters were on roids, how would they look off of them??? Fighting today’s fighters the older fighters would have to go through usada/testing…maybe they don’t even make it to fight night or maybe they make it to fight night and look like shit. Igor would be a gatekeeper to the ufc for hws is all…
Vovchanchyn never reminded me of someone who roided I'm not saying didn't he just seemed unlike guys like Kerr and Overeem.

Vovchanchyn never reminded me of someone who roided I'm not saying didn't he just seemed unlike guys like Kerr and Overeem.
I´ve always believed 95% were and still are on PEDs, but back then, if I had to bet my house on someone not being on it, I would have chosen Igor, intuitively.

not a top guy in Pride? are you on Meth?

he was a finalist of the Pride 2000 GP and was considerd the nr 1 HW at the time. and this while he was pleagued by injuries from his NHB time.

Even with him being very undersized in this generation I see him using his explosiveness and Power to annihilate most of the division. The division is filled up with experienced athletes who are out of there physical prime right now and only able to stay at the top because of being crafty veterans. And the younger athletes just don't seem to have the skills to get to the top. I think there are a couple guys might be able to defeat Igor Stipe Oleinik maybe blaydes
12451.jpg

Ice Cold Igor Vovchanchyn
Age 30
Height 5 ft 7 in
Weight 230
Reach 68 inc

Ice Cold Igor Vovchanchyn Vs UFC Top 15 2018

Champion : Stipe Miocic
1 Francis Ngannou
2 Alistair Overeem
3 Alexander Volkov
4 Curtis Blaydes
5 Fabricio Werdum
6 Derrick Lewis
6 Mark Hunt
8 Marcin Tybura
9 Andrei Arlovski
10 Aleksei Oleinik
11 Stefan Struve
12 Tai Tuivasa
13 Shamil Abdurakhimov
14 Junior Albini
15 Justin Willis
Igor would probably lose to most of the guys above 10. Igor never really was able to beat the elites from back then,so I wouldnt expect him to beat the elites from now. He may be able to get lucky against the chinnier guys like Overeem,and Arlovski,but Overeem at LHW already holds a victory over him.

IdI take prime Igor over Arlovski, Travis Browne, maybe even black beast.Possibly even Struve. Not sure about the rest, lot of grappling in the top 15. However if we include lhw and mw in the conversation he has a much better shot against the top 15. I'd legit favor him over 2018 shogun, Manuwa and Bisping.

not a top guy in Pride? are you on Meth?

he was a finalist of the Pride 2000 GP and was considerd the nr 1 HW at the time. and this while he was pleagued by injuries from his NHB time.

Yeah in the very beginning true he was a top guy. But the talent pool was very shallow and most people were considered elite based on their reputations more than their resume. He was definitely feared.

But post 2000 he never got to that level again. Rather he was emphatically beat whenever he stepped up and even lost to guys he was expected to beat. He was very very sub par at middleweight.

He is a legend 100% so is Marco Ruas and Oleg Taktarov but I wouldnt rate them at the skill of even marginal fighters of today. MMA has evolved rapidly.

IdI take prime Igor over Arlovski, Travis Browne, maybe even black beast.Possibly even Struve. Not sure about the rest, lot of grappling in the top 15. However if we include lhw and mw in the conversation he has a much better shot against the top 15. I'd legit favor him over 2018 shogun, Manuwa and Bisping.
Hmmm...the current level of grappling has seriously regressed since his Pride days...

Igor would probably lose to most of the guys above 10. Igor never really was able to beat the elites from back then,so I wouldnt expect him to beat the elites from now. He may be able to get lucky against the chinnier guys like Overeem,and Arlovski,but Overeem at LHW already holds a victory over him.
might be a rumour... but some people have been saying that the current elite...u know... might be the old version of the Pride era...

Ssshhh...

Yeah in the very beginning true he was a top guy. But the talent pool was very shallow and most people were considered elite based on their reputations more than their resume. He was definitely feared.

But post 2000 he never got to that level again. Rather he was emphatically beat whenever he stepped up and even lost to guys he was expected to beat. He was very very sub par at middleweight.

He is a legend 100% so is Marco Ruas and Oleg Taktarov but I wouldnt rate them at the skill of even marginal fighters of today. MMA has evolved rapidly.
Ohh again this evolution thing... yawnn...

So Ruas´ or Oleg´s skill sets are completely outdated compared to current fighters... Interesting..

Gtfo. He got ko by the worst hw in the division in struve, unbelievable lol.
Ugh

Again, Struve has never been the worst HW in the division. Never. And it was a standing TKO, not a KO.

I'm not sure why you think this matters though, literally every other contender for heavyweight GOAT has equally and possibly even more embarrassing losses.

Lee got spinning head kicked and was able to turn it around.

Stripe got eye poke but got ko.... stripe couldn't wrestle down the worst hw with terrible take-down defense?

He shouldn't use the eye poke excuse because he choose to try to strike back and paid for it.
Stipe had multiple opportunities to take top position on Struve and elected not to

Loss to Struve > loss to Hendo

Ugh

Again, Struve has never been the worst HW in the division. Never. And it was a standing TKO, not a KO.

I'm not sure why you think this matters though, literally every other contender for heavyweight GOAT has equally and possibly even more embarrassing losses.

Struve is the worst of the division. No way around that. It's an embarrassing lost period. So if he could beat stripe any good HW has a chance. Struve still gets hit alot and probably will get ko soon.

Back