Ice Cold Igor Vovchanchyn Vs UFC Top 15 2018

Are you creating your own thread? What do WW's have to do with it? That has nothing to do with tis thread. Igor was not a WW. If you want that discussion, make a thread on it, although I don't see it going far. Are you talking about Royce? Because today's fighters at WW would make a laughing stock out of the early UFC. Royce was a pioneer, but he would do about as good today as the football players in the leather helmet era would be in today's NFL- not very. Same with Igor really.
uh?

You´re actually the one who started this talk about Royce in this Igor thread.

Besides, you have to look at the big picture.

Igor´s skill set is much better suited to the current UFC era than to other org. like:

1/ Early Pancrase & Rings
2/ Pride.

... where the submission arsenal was much too deadly for him to handle.

Spittin´this evolution thing for every ol´school fighter without analyzing the skill set & fight configuration of the org.... is a lazy analysis.

Last edited:
Igor was in his prime when he fought under NHB rules.

That said if he would still be the man that he was at around the 2000 Pride GP i think he could do really well in the present day HW division. good wrestlers would give him problems obviously but i cant help but think he would beat people like Lewis, Tybura and current Arlovski.

Verry fast for a heavyweight with powerful and accurate hands.
Are you high he could probably come out of a time and knockout Andrei
I loved Igor, but come on guys.

He was beat by Coleman, Tre Telligman etc.

He was a beastly "Gen 1" fighter from the old days of NHB - there is no way he is competitive among today's heavyweight monsters. He would be very similar to a Mark Hunt - dangerous to trade with on the feet, but could probably be neutralized with wrestling.
So he would be 40 something and in the top 10?

Oh look, another historical fighter the “hardcore” community loves to overrate because the casuals have never heard of him. It’s like they think exaggerating the talents of older less mainstream fighters demonstrates their deep knowledge of the sport lol.

Igor was juiced to the gills and he didn’t even accumulate a .500 record against opponents ranked in the top 10. Just stop.
mma_hardhit_09.jpg

Igor was juiced to the gills LOL!!!

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. The Stipe we have right now beats any fighter on the planet from anytime, or any promotion. That’s just my opinion. But it’s my honest opinion, and it’s not changing anytime soon.
Jones beats Stipe imo.

Lmao @ casuals underrating Igor Vovchanchyn

Prime Igor is easily top 5 in any UFC division he chooses
Agreed. He would be top 5. He would destroy lot of the modern fighters. Think blaydes outside of top 5 is a bad matchup for him but he has no real ko power.

Just wait until someone rings that old bell .

Put a cage in the way to the town and all the UFC roster in it.

Igor puts then all to sleep.
Even DFW,Jo Rogan,the production staff and all the ring girls.

Today I learned Yuki Kondo was mid level.

wut

I am sure you feel like you have given yourself 10 'i am not a noob' points by saying that, but he really was no big deal in 2005, losing to anyone half way decent that he fought

(I also never said he had no good wins, but his list of wins against today's standard gives no indication of where he's be in the rankings.

I am sure you feel like you have given yourself 10 'i am not a noob' points by saying that, but he really was no big deal in 2005, losing to anyone half way decent that he fought

(I also never said he had no good wins, but his list of wins against today's standard gives no indication of where he's be in the rankings.

Yuki Kondo in 2005 was a damn Welterweight moving up to 205 and beyond and beating guys. Yuki Kondo was a bad mother fucker.

Are you high he could probably come out of a time and knockout Andrei

Both Arlovski and Igor are among my absolute favorite fighters of all time .Should they have competed against eachother while both in their primes it would have been a verry competitive fight. Igor was the more durable fighter imo but Arlovski certainly had the power, speed en skillset to give Igor all kinds of trouble.

Make them all go gloveless and tell them there are few rules, most wouldn't even step in the cage with him

We talking about the same Igor who faced like 3 legitimate opponents during his run and lost to the best one by far in it? And then proceeded to lose the majority of his big fights afterwards too?

Igor was an exciting fighter. Appreciate him for what he was. But he loses to a lot of the top 15. Same way he used to.

This is a terrible thread.

He loses to basically anybody relevant today.

He lost to very marginal fighters, and beat very very marginal fighters.

He was good at the time, when all of this was new. A fan favorite definitely.. but he would never make it to anywhere now. He wasnt even a top guy in Pride

We talking about the same Igor who faced like 3 legitimate opponents during his run and lost to the best one by far in it? And then proceeded to lose the majority of his big fights afterwards too?

Igor was an exciting fighter. Appreciate him for what he was. But he loses to a lot of the top 15. Same way he used to.
What....are....u...talkin´about...

This is a terrible thread.

He loses to basically anybody relevant today.

He lost to very marginal fighters, and beat very very marginal fighters.

He was good at the time, when all of this was new. A fan favorite definitely.. but he would never make it to anywhere now. He wasnt even a top guy in Pride
The only thing terrible here is your post.

Prime Igor would probably be top 10-15 HW and top 5-10 LHW right now.

Back