"I was badly sick and on antibiotics 10 days out with Nate" Conor Mcgregor

I'm tired of the constant excuses in MMA, if you have an injury or illness that's serious enough to affect your performance then either don't fight or be prepared to keep quiet about it afterwards. It's absolute bullshit to go in to a fight with a built in excuse ready to go if you lose, it's not fair to your opponent. With how much work and sacrifice fighters put into preparing for a fight they should be able to fully enjoy a victory and not have their opponent trying to discredit their win with excuses.
Not only that but u are basically telling fans you are screwing them over. Yeah I was hurt and fought anyways. Ya I paid 60 bucks to watch it. Thanks asshole. If u enter the cage you are 100% imo. I don't care about any noise

Hey, news flash, hermetically sealed sportsmanship is a bygone virtue. It's impractical.

You can't just stand there saying you were 100% and he was "the better man" if you felt you were impaired in some way. Antibiotics is no joke, as many athletes can attest. That's why when you are given an interview, if you're asked what went wrong, you tell your side of the story.

Nate I heard was injured during his training camp as well in the 2nd fight. These little things do matter and are part of the discussion in MMA. They will never die and they are ALWAYS relevant.

This is a different angle from the very gutsy, almost cartoonish notion of years past that we expect to see "who's better" out of who wins.

When asked if he thought the infection had any impact on the result of the fight, Kavanagh added: “I wouldn’t accredit that to having any effect on the loss.

“I don’t know of a fighter that goes into a fight that says ‘oh, the last three months have been perfect.' John Kavanagh

When asked if he thought the infection had any impact on the result of the fight, Kavanagh added: “I wouldn’t accredit that to having any effect on the loss.

Expect that to be largely ignored

this excuse would work better for a fighter who isnt constantly on high speed and in the public eye hourly leading up to the fight.

lol where was that head movement?
WellmadeMadHorsechestnutleafminer.gif

Rogan was the first person to reveal this publicly almost a year after their first fight. Conor never said anything about it until recently when people asked if what Rogan said was true.

Your timeline is completely made up. Kav confirmed, and talked about it just 4 months after the fight, and before the 2nd. The link posted is from an article over a year old.

Your timeline is completely made up. Kav confirmed, and talked about it just 4 months after the fight, and before the 2nd. The link posted is from an article over a year old.

Are you referencing Seguras tweet?

Conor took a fight while sick at a higher weight class. That is absolutely unbelievable, but dorks still hating him.

McGregor taking all these fights injured (saving cards) is probably why the UFC allowed him to go box Floyd.

Conor took a fight while sick at a higher weight class. That is absolutely unbelievable, but dorks still hating him.

“I don’t know of a fighter that goes into a fight that says ‘oh, the last three months have been perfect.'

Kavanagh said it didn't make a difference and had no bearing on the fight

Back