I tried Popa Johns Pizza today. It was awesome.

The thing with a lot of these Pizza places is it tastes different depending where you are.

This is true. The last time I ordered Pizza Hut it was too salty and greasy to even eat. The last time I ate Pizza Hut was in Bakersfield we stopped because it was the first place we saw. It was like the old school Pizza Hut with the salad bar. The Pizza was served in a cast iron pan and it was delicious like I remember it as a kid

Papa John's is perfectly serviceable pizza. The garlic and cheese sauces are great, and the cinna-pie was fantastic but I think they got rid of it.

Always have to laugh when I see people talking about how their "local" pizza places are so much better. I lived in a college town for a while and tried all the small pizza places and they were all dogshit. Have fun paying $20 for a large 1-topping pizza while I enjoy my large The Works from Papa John's for $12. <45>

yeah Local pizza places can be good but they charge a hefty fee this one place was charging 25 bucks for a large, yet I could go to Costco and pick up a fresh made Pizza for 9 bucks and it taste just as good.

There was only one local place I used to eat at that would sell their pizza for under 12 and it was good, but they went out of business because they couldn't pay rent everyone would just buy their slice special for lunch it came with a large slice and a medium fountain drink for 3 bucks.

Sad people should have supported them and ordered the large, now they are gone.

I gotta try Papa John's too there are a few here in the GTA now. Thanks for starting the thread Kassitus.

its been many years since i had 'em but they used to be good
Same here they used to be okay back in the 90s I would grab a slice at the mall next to school, Im surprised they are still around they don't air commercials I went to the mall for the first time in ages and saw Sbarros still there nobody was buying the pizza the pizzas looked like they were sitting their for hours some had flies on them

Everyone was eating from hot dog on a stick those two corn dog and small lemonade specials

hot dog on a stick is always crowded
Hot-Dog-on-a-Stick-Tax-Day-2017.jpg

In the 90s I always loved Pizza Hut but I didn’t have one in my city so it was a rare treat. About five years when I moved to a city with a Pizza Hut I ordered it and my reaction was:
@J Danger
<Huh2><Huh2><Huh2>
The quality had changed dramatically
If you didn't see my post there are still good Pizza Huts. The one I went to in Bakersfield still had the old school salad bar and the Pizza was served in a cast iron pan and tasted delicious just like I remember as a kid. Last time I ordered it here it was inedible

The pics look really good. That is the kind of pizza I like. Lots of tasty cheese, thin but prominent crust.

We also have Chicago style deep dish pizza in the USA. It's got thick layers of cheese from Wisconsin and toppings -- the amount 3 or 4 normal pizzas would have. They're piled on top of each other and then the sauce is added on top.

And yeah, the cheese seriously does that. It's just not posing for the photo. You can lift a slice up like 2 feet and the cheese will still be stretching.

It's my personal favorite style.

20140525--best-deep-dish-pizza-art-of-pizza-2.jpg

We also have Chicago style deep dish pizza in the USA. It's got thick layers of cheese from Wisconsin and toppings -- the amount 3 or 4 normal pizzas would have. They're piled on top of each other and then the sauce is added on top.

And yeah, the cheese seriously does that. It's just not posing for the photo. You can lift a slice up like 2 feet and the cheese will still be stretching.

It's my personal favorite style.

20140525--best-deep-dish-pizza-art-of-pizza-2.jpg
gag-me.gif

Papa John's is perfectly serviceable pizza. The garlic and cheese sauces are great, and the cinna-pie was fantastic but I think they got rid of it.

Always have to laugh when I see people talking about how their "local" pizza places are so much better. I lived in a college town for a while and tried all the small pizza places and they were all dogshit. Have fun paying $20 for a large 1-topping pizza while I enjoy my large The Works from Papa John's for $12. <45>

fucking hipsters man. "I only eat pizza local" huehuehuehue, fuck that! give me the works dog

My opinion is they are too stingy with cheese and pizza sauce. They don't have the same level of grease as Pizza Hut.

It's ok when I'm in the mood but only with garlic sauce

Its the best national pizza chain by a wide margin.

Pizza Hut is practically McDonalds.
Dominos is cheap and you're getting what you paid for.
Little Caesars is the best bang for the buck, and the quality is better than Dominos and Pizza Hut. Their Deep Dish and Ultimate Surpreme is VERY good.
But Papa John's is the best in terms of variety, quality, and consistency. Never had a bad pizza from Papa John's, period.
Little Caesar’s is filth... giant dough ball that sits in your stomach for a week.... it was decently good back in the 90’s and there crazy bread was good.... now it’s super cheap garbage food

Papa John's to tastes like Papa Murphy's, gross. You can keep your me n eds and Costco pizzas too!

Round table , pizza factory and Sbarro ruled all.

It's not bad but honestly I try to avoid chain anything at all costs. I like to support the local guys and more often than not their food is much better.

Back