I Think People Are Really Overrating Khabib's Chances.

giphy.gif

The reverse I'd say, recent fights have shown strong gameplans, exploited Barboza's weakness to aggressive boxing then exploited Ali just looking to defend/counter.

I would be very supprised if Khabib takes the bull in a china shop route and rushes forward into a McGregor counter.

I think people are overrating the chances of a fight between Conor and Khabib ever taking place.

1. There is very little upside to Conor actually signing the contract. Not to mention that his demands would be absolutely off the charts.

2. If Conor agreed, making the fight in Russia would be stupid. It would be happening at an unearthly hour in the USA and Canada, which would severely impact PPV sales.

3. If the fight got signed, there would be a 75% chance Khabib gets injured in training and a decent chance Conor misbehaves in the lead-up badly enough for the fight to be scrapped.

In short, I do not believe Conor will fight Khabib.
He might fight GSP or a Diaz brother.

Totally agree. Except with point 2. I’m not sure what sport you’ve been watching but every international UFC event is catered to North America ppv buys so they are held at odd hours locally so that they still take place at the same North American times (9pm-12am EST). In Brazil that means the main event is usually taking place at like 4am local time (which is crazy).

The more I think about this fight, the more I like McGregor's chances.

Diaz was around 190lbs in the cage against Conor, and is known for his chin, plus he did a great job of reducing the impact by rolling will a lot of those punches so I don't think that's a good example for Conor's power not translating at 155, Conor put Nate down 3 times at WW and Eddie down 5 times in under 2 rounds at LW.

Also this was his last LW fight before he signed with the UFC.

The power is most definitely still there at LW.

giphy.webp
Take your head out of conors jock strap for a few moments.

My post praised Conor. I said i like his chances.

The idea that nobody can take his left clean is stupid as hell. And so are you if you believe he was 190 against Conor

Khabib is a fantastic fighter. His top control is only rivaled by maybe DC or a prime Cain. He's relentless, and it's nearly impossible to get him off of you once he grabs you. But his style is tailor-made for a classic McGregor knockout. He leans forward, and doesn't move his head nearly enough off of the center line to avoid that big left hand of Mac. Khabib simply won't be able to avoid the KO shot for all 25 minutes. The fight starts on the feet all 5 rounds. With McGregors accuracy, he will surely be able to land the finishing blow at some point during the fight. I don't like McGregor at ALL. I really hope Khabib can ragdoll him for the whole fight. But the fight will most likely end up like McGregor vs Mendes, unfortunately gIving that strap back to McGregor and putting the division on hold again while he fights CM Punk, Floyd Mayweather, Brock Lesnar, and Jesus in some Royal Rumble bs.
#ThisIsNumberOneBullshit
quite true but I think many are too blind with their hatred to be as honest as you've been here..

that and some are just very bad at analysing fights

It might. He can always say Khabibs a coward and is afraid to stand with him,but i doubt he makes it 25 mins.
But Barboza was able to make It the duration, so was Al Iaquinta

curious what makes people so convinced Conor will be finished by Khabib In spite of being far superior to all the opponents that Khabib was unable to finish

The idea that nobody can take his left clean is stupid as hell. And so are you if you believe he was 190 against Conor
I dunno about 190, but he was definitely a true welterweight for that fight.

Nick and Nate have the exact same body type and Nate was bigger than Nick was against GSP during the 2nd fight

185-190 wouldn't be too far from the truth honestly.

His own camp said he was walking around @ 200, which isn't hard to believe considering how he looked.

Hopefully Kabib trains specifically for Conor. Gotta avoid the power shot and not get softened up by kicks.

If he does this it will be a mauling.

He wont be able to KO anyone from his back where he'll be most of the fight.

I dunno about 190, but he was definitely a true welterweight for that fight.

Nick and Nate have the exact same body type and Nate was bigger than Nick was against GSP during the 2nd fight

185-190 wouldn't be too far from the truth honestly.

His own camp said he was walking around @ 200, which isn't hard to believe considering how he looked.
Which fight?

Diaz was 180 fight night for that second fight.. Which he won

Thats beside the point. Conor vs Khabib is whats being discussed. And i do think im on the Conor wagon here. Khabib will get floored.

Pretty much, Conor is an excellent counter puncher but he isn't Gomi IMHO when it comes to absolutely crushing power, pretty much all his finishes come from catching someone off balance or beating them down slowly.

I love Khabib but I fully expect to see him get flattened.

<{vega}>

What are you talking about?

What makes you think I was having a go at you?

What a strange little outburst.

And yeah if you don't think there's around 20lbs between Conor and Nate then nothing I say is gonna convince you.

But i'll give it ago anyway, here's a few pics that highlight the size difference, although I'm amazed this is still disputed by some.

377409AD00000578-3751207-image-a-21_1471794773243.jpg

rafael-dos-anjos-nate-diaz-ufc-on-fox-131.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

CFwQ9_wUsAAj20y.jpg

be3fed97ea9545dbb020b8e4ba9471f6.jpg

Which fight?

Diaz was 180 fight night for that second fight.. Which he won

Thats beside the point. Conor vs Khabib is whats being discussed. And i do think im on the Conor wagon here. Khabib will get floored.
Nick said he was around 180 for the GSP fight.

Nate was way bigger than Nick was during that fight.

I use that as a frame of reference since they have the exact same body type and stature.

But yeah, besides the point. Nate was def a true WW for that one tho

No one is gonna be able to take it if it lands perfectly clean.
He went to a decision against Holloway (FW).
It took him 7 minutes to finish Siver (FW).
It took him 10 minutes to finish short-notice Mendes (FW).
He couldn't finish Diaz (LW).
It took him 8 minutes to finish Alvarez (LW).

McGregor's knockout power is hilariously overrated; the only person he finished in the UFC with one punch was a bull rushing Featherweight in Jose Aldo.

Dudes been fighting since 2008 and hasn't lost. Lighting don't strike twice in the same place.

If mcgregor does pull it off the implications for his legacy are huge

How long had Aldo been fighting and not losing before Conor came along and smoked him in 13 seconds?

I don't think this fight will actually happen.

But let's be real, Conor has 8 minutes of fight in him.

If they were to fight, and Khabib gets him down: Khabib would make Conor gas even quicker. Conor doesn't have a bad bottom game, but it really won't threaten Khabib at all, for he would make Conor work.

Conor's only chance is a puncher's chance in this fight.

I don't think this fight will actually happen.

But let's be real, Conor has 8 minutes of fight in him.

If they were to fight, and Khabib gets him down: Khabib would make Conor gas even quicker. Conor doesn't have a bad bottom game, but it really won't threaten Khabib at all, for he would make Conor work.

Conor's only chance is a puncher's chance in this fight.
When a guy has became a 2 weight world champion by punching people in the face I don't think a punchers chance is a good description, Chris Leben had a punchers chance against Anderson Silva, Conor has a World Class strikers chance against Khabib.

He went to a decision against Holloway (FW).
It took him 7 minutes to finish Siver (FW).
It took him 10 minutes to finish short-notice Mendes (FW).
He couldn't finish Diaz (LW).
It took him 8 minutes to finish Alvarez (LW).

McGregor's knockout power is hilariously overrated; the only person he finished in the UFC with one punch was a bull rushing Featherweight in Jose Aldo.
Conor doesn't throw 100% power shots, the only time he did was against Nate in the first fight and it cost him the fight.

But he without doubt has the power to finish fights with his hands, it's just his precision style is more to likely to lead to TKO's rather than putting guys to sleep.

Back