I Think People Are Really Overrating Khabib's Chances.

I don’t like Conor but every fight starts on the feet and khabib has been tagged early before. This is a classic wrestler va striker. Should be great.

I hope Khabib wins.

Diaz took dozens of clean lefts

I dont think Conor will have the cardio to KO Khabib late

Hes got 2 rounds imo

And i do agree, Khabib isnt that big of a favorite
Diaz was around 190lbs in the cage against Conor, and is known for his chin, plus he did a great job of reducing the impact by rolling will a lot of those punches so I don't think that's a good example for Conor's power not translating at 155, Conor put Nate down 3 times at WW and Eddie down 5 times in under 2 rounds at LW.

Also this was his last LW fight before he signed with the UFC.

The power is most definitely still there at LW.

giphy.webp

Conor has proved to be an elite striker by out striking great strikers.

That's what I thought until he got slapped around by Diaz and now he belongs in the "Not too bad striker" category.

I look forward to you betting big and posting your betting slip when the fight takes place.

IMO, McGregor has a chance at the beginning of the first round. If he doesn't land anything significant, he's getting put on his back and the nights over. The difference in his grappling ability and Khabib's is monumental and I don't see him getting up and creating distance. So, either he continuously stays on the ground or continuously fights to his feet and goes for rides over and over again.

The whole, "every round starts on the feet" angle is a false omen. Cause after an entire round of being in the grinder with Khabib, I don't think McGregor(who already has suspect endurance) will have the energy to dance for distance, fight TDs, and output offense.

"But the Mendes fight!", was completely different for a multitude of reasons. First, Khabib is a lot bigger than Mendes. As anyone who has ever rolled will tell you, it takes a lot more energy to wrestle out from under a bigger opponent. Second, Mendes was content with sitting in McGregor's guard and throwing elbows. This allowed McGregor to reserve energy by just lying on his back, holding guard(without having to put up much of a fight), and trying to avoid shots. Khabib never sits in guard and is constantly transitioning, feinting/setting up submissions, or trapping arms to land better punches. McGregor will constantly have to fight or he is going to get pounded out or subbed. Last, but certainly not least, Khabib will not, and has never, gassed out after one round.

IMO, it is an interesting fight for the first round. If it goes longer than that, Khabib is winning the fight. I really don't see it going any other way. For that reason, I favor Khabib. But if you're banking on Conor being One-Punch Man and pulling another Aldo out of his hat, against a guy who hasn't even really been rocked.
giphy.gif

Conor does not have a lot of power for 155. He’s going to get mauled in the small chance he takes the fight.

Dudes been fighting since 2008 and hasn't lost. Lighting don't strike twice in the same place.

If mcgregor does pull it off the implications for his legacy are huge
Fighting Russian nerds with more losses than wins

If Khabib gets him down and gives him the business,even if Conor survives the round,which is unlikely imo...he will be discombobulated enough that his striking skills wont be as sharp enough to keep Khabib from doing his thing. We saw how tired he got against Nate. He wont be able to survive like that against Khabib.
yeah, conor hasn't shown much in the way of tdd or ground skills and he will get worn the fuck out after a couple rounds of carrying khabin and getting thrown around and punched in the face. conor definitely has power and he can finish khabib, but i wouldn't bet on it.

The thing about Conor is he just hits differently than all the others

You could put Alverez , Diaz , Al Iaquinta ,Poirer , Barboza and all those guys and let them all stand and trade with each other and it’s going to be a competive fight .

But at at 155 none of those guys would be able to stand and trade hands with Mcgregor . So Khabib can also stand and trade with all those guys and e would have some success but Khabib won’t dare stand with Mcgregor .

He has to get in and take Conor down and keep him down for the whole fight . One opening on the feet and Conor will catch him and knock him out . Can only see it going one way .

1-Khabib will not be tagging conor like Mendes was. 2 - If the fight goes like conor mendes conor will lose. Khabib has way better GNP ans ground control and wont gas and let conor back up. Completley different fights

Khabib needs to finish it at the first opportunity. No playing games if this fight happens.

Ferguson beats 'em both. Not saying he KOs them or sub but i think that he wins close decisions against both. His cardio is the best in the whole UFC. Went 5 rounds in Mexico City and wasn't even tired. I got Tony 48-47 against both.

IMO, McGregor has a chance at the beginning of the first round. If he doesn't land anything significant, he's getting put on his back and the nights over. The difference in his grappling ability and Khabib's is monumental and I don't see him getting up and creating distance. So, either he continuously stays on the ground or continuously fights to his feet and goes for rides over and over again.

The whole, "every round starts on the feet" angle is a false omen. Cause after an entire round of being in the grinder with Khabib, I don't think McGregor(who already has suspect endurance) will have the energy to dance for distance, fight TDs, and output offense.

"But the Mendes fight!", was completely different for a multitude of reasons. First, Khabib is a lot bigger than Mendes. As anyone who has ever rolled will tell you, it takes a lot more energy to wrestle out from under a bigger opponent. Second, Mendes was content with sitting in McGregor's guard and throwing elbows. This allowed McGregor to reserve energy by just lying on his back, holding guard(without having to put up much of a fight), and trying to avoid shots. Khabib never sits in guard and is constantly transitioning, feinting/setting up submissions, or trapping arms to land better punches. McGregor will constantly have to fight or he is going to get pounded out or subbed. Last, but certainly not least, Khabib will not, and has never, gassed out after one round.

IMO, it is an interesting fight for the first round. If it goes longer than that, Khabib is winning the fight. I really don't see it going any other way. For that reason, I favor Khabib. But if you're banking on Conor being One-Punch Man and pulling another Aldo out of his hat, against a guy who hasn't even really been rocked.
giphy.gif
Yup. Really dont get the mendes comparison . 1st of all, i dont think khabib will have any intention of standing with conor at all. Secondly he was way more and different ways to take conor down then mendes not to mention a way more diverse and dangerous top game

Khabib has a huge melon, short reach, small hands, no KO power and no stand up skills, in comparison. I also do believe he's physically less stronger than Conor. So there are huge opportunities for Conor.

But if Khabib gets him down, I just don't think Conor has the experience, the knowledge to deal with what Khabib has to offer. Also, against Al and Edson - he didn't go for any horrific submissions, like I think he would vs Conor.

That's why this fight is so intriguing. It's like a Mexican stand off. Whoever implements their game first wins.
you think Conor is stronger than khabib?

That's what I thought until he got slapped around by Diaz and now he belongs in the "Not too bad striker" category.

He dominated the stand up last time, 1st guy to make a Diaz dry hump an opponent against the cage for 4 minutes because 5th round Diaz was getting lit up.

A juiced up Andy couldnt even accomplish that

I think you are wrong.
That’s fair, because there is a clear path to victory for khabib. I think the ticket here is the fight starts standing, and khabib isn’t known for finishing early. Conor is going to have ample opportunity to land, and much less talented fighters have landed on khabib and have avoid3d the td. Couple that with Conor’s top knot has distance control and movement and we have the makings of Ronda vs hold v 2.

But the fight will most likely end up like McGregor vs Mendes.

No. Khabib is a much much better wrestler than Mendes, is much more dangerous in top control, has better cardio, and will come in after a full 12 week training camp. If McG had great cardio then yes, I could see him getting a 3rd or 4th round KO. But McGregor just doesn’t have the gas tank to survive the first few rounds of punishment from a guy at Khabibs level. And given how McG has been so inactive, his gas tank might be even worse than before.

Back