"I sparred with Evander Holyfield, George Foreman, Lennox Lewis, David Tua and others"

I read this on another forum years ago and honestly I'm inclined to believe the gist of it. Very interesting reading and it doesn't change my opinions of them much either. It makes sense.

Which tribe are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I think iirc you're a west coast guy? Maybe I'm wrong on that tho. So the stereotype of Natives not being able to handle alcohol is true, in your opinion? I read a story about how drinking alcohol is a very old world tradition, so when it was introduced to Indians over here they didn't have the history in their genetics to handle it the same way that the Whites did, etc. Same with diseases killling you guys off b/c you didn't have the immune systems to deal with our disgusting bodily infections. Not that whites aren't alcoholics of course, my father's side of the family all drink like fish.
my folks are from interior alaska but i'm a freak myself, i was mainly raised in seattle around black folk when i was young so i'm a little different than them and my mom was white. my tribe is athabascan. the stereotype about drinking is true in my experience, i don't see why or how people would deny that really, i've recently heard statistics that say we don't drink more than white people, but i don't believe statistics in this case. I'd say 90 % of my family has or has had alcohol problems, then we have the other crazy issues that come from alcohol like fetal alcohol syndrome which is rampant, by the grace of god, i don't have it but several of my relatives do. anyway, it's the younger generation and usually female natives who can't handle hard truths like that, so used to having everything sugar coated.

Who was the hardest to hit?
Don't know for sure but by the sounds of it, it was Lennox.

From earlier in the thread, closest he comes to mentioning tough to hit, imo.

I'd have to say Lennox was the best. He took me places nobody else ever has, and he's the puzzle I could never solve all that well.

Surprisingly articulate for someone who supposably spent years taking shots from some of the heaviest hitters in boxing.
this is what stood out to me as well. He went through a gauntlet of the best heavyweights of his generation and still writes better than most boxing journalists. Granted, its sparring, but these are some big boys.

i'm not working but i got stresses, i got an immigrant buddy who they are trying to kick out, trying to help him. Peoples stress has a way of rubbing off on ya.
I had an immigrant buddy once.
He was from Pakistan and he ran a cafe called the Dream Cafe. I told him he should ditch the American food and work on bringing an authentic Pakistani cuisine to the city.
Of course that didn't help either and people still weren't coming to his restaurant.
To make it worse. They sent his immigration visa renewal papers to my apartment by accident when I was out of town and my friend, who was supposed to pick up my mail, ended up not giving it to me in time and Babu was deported.

Does anyone get the reference?

Last edited:
He was from Pakistan and he ran a cafe called the Dream Cafe. I told him he should ditch the American food and work on bringing an authentic Pakistani cuisine to the city.
Of course that didn't help either and people still weren't coming to his restaurant.
To make it worse. They sent his immigration visa renewal papers to my apartment by accident when I was out of town and my friend, who was supposed to pick up my mail, ended up not giving it to me in time and Babu was deported.

Hey, Jerry

i don't, but i don't watch tv. How do people get deported? we have 15 million illegal mexicans in the country, not that I care, but people from other countries get deported?

i don't, but i don't watch tv. How do people get deported? we have 15 million illegal mexicans in the country, not that I care, but people from other countries get deported?
It's from Seinfeld.

If India was on the border, you'd have 30m Indians running around.
You're not going to keep Mexicans out of anywhere.

It's from Seinfeld.

If India was on the border, you'd have 30m Indians running around.
You're not going to keep Mexicans out of anywhere.
that wasn't my question, i just wonder if the govt. deports other people as a higher priority than mexicans, 15 mill doesn't say much for their priorities. No, i don't think a wall is going to help them, hell, maybe even prison wouldn't stop them. some people have nothing to lose. it's interesting to watch how people from different countries act though, i've known asians and east indians who are petrified of the govt.., as i stated, my buddy was shaking in his boots, no amount of "don't worry about it they're just trying to scare you" helped. I've also known illegals who don't sweat a damned thing.

Can you imagine being Joe fraziers sparring partner? Would be hell

Can you imagine being Joe fraziers sparring partner? Would be hell
foreman would be worse, he was a monster, i think frazier probably would be amenable to just the work aspect of sparring, he had kenny norton as a sparring partner and kenny never complained and kenny was someone who lost to every big puncher he ever fought because he was scared of them. Larry Holmes said that Joe took his rage out on his ribs before the first ali fight however. Ali generally took it easy on sparring partners but not always, if he wanted to make a point he'd give out a beating, he did this to his brother, jimmy ellis, larry holmes and roy williams.

that wasn't my question, i just wonder if the govt. deports other people as a higher priority than mexicans, 15 mill doesn't say much for their priorities. No, i don't think a wall is going to help them, hell, maybe even prison wouldn't stop them. some people have nothing to lose. it's interesting to watch how people from different countries act though, i've known asians and east indians who are petrified of the govt.., as i stated, my buddy was shaking in his boots, no amount of "don't worry about it they're just trying to scare you" helped. I've also known illegals who don't sweat a damned thing.
I don't think they do.
I have no idea though.
I feel they predominantly probably deport Mexicans and everything South of them.
A few Asian Africans and Europeans here and there.

Last edited:
"They had similar power. If anything David had a small edge but either man could crush you with one shot. I used to spar with Bert in the late 80s. Back then my chin wasn't as strong as it is now. Sparring partners develop good beards because they get beat up all the time. Your body gets used to it.

By the time I started sparring with David he was rough around the edges, and I had grown used to taking punishment. So I could withstand his punches but man they hurt. Every last one of them."

I've said this many times before, and loads of shertards who have never stepped in the ring in their lives were all "lolz, as if getting hit makes your chin better, it makes it worser lolz!".

As well as the "getting weeded out" factor, it's one of the reasons boxers' chins are so fucking good and they can often take bombs without flinching, unlike MMA fighters - they are simply used to it. A lot of them have been taking big shots to the chin since they were kids, and their chins and nerves are simply conditioned to deal with it well.

Good thread by the way. Pretty interesting to read a first hand account of someone having sparred with so many notorious heavyweights.

Back