I got back my DNA ancestry results !

I think a shit load of French Canadians have Algonquin. Not that they claim anything native, though.

Yeah. My Great Great Grandpa on my Dad's side that came to the U.S. in the 1860's and stacked land was 1/4. After that everybody started having kids with European immigrants once in the States.

My mother is almost 100% French Canadian, but is a 4th generation American and she supposedly has 1/32 of Native American in her too.

With two parents from India, I figured that would be my biggest DNA lineage - WRONG.

I am only 35% Dravidian (indigenous Indian)
I am 4% Russian
I am 6% Melanesian (islands northeast of Australia)

The one that really stands out is that I am 55% from the border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan. I suppose it makes sense since my family is much bigger built and fairer skinned than most other Indians.

Either way, it's really crazy to think that somewhere along the line some guy from Russia and Melanesia made their way into our family tree. Just thought I would share.

Which brand did you use?

With two parents from India, I figured that would be my biggest DNA lineage - WRONG.

I am 4% Russian

The one that really stands out is that I am 55% from the border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan. I suppose it makes sense since my family is much bigger built and fairer skinned than most other Indians.

Either way, it's really crazy to think that somewhere along the line some guy from Russia and Melanesia made their way into our family tree. Just thought I would share.
Blame the Russian hackers mate

And you're probably 100% ugly as well.

I've thought about doing this, but never pulled the trigger. What's the typical turnaround time on these DNA tests once you send samples in?

I should do this shit. Most of my family history is pretty clear cut, Irish and English. I do have a full blooded American Indian on my mothers side. Great, great grandmother, I believe ,but I have no idea what tribal affiliation. My grandfather on my mother's side was a mystery too. He grew up in an orphanage and never talked about his past. At times we've speculated that he had anything from american indian to mediterranean blood in him but we never really knew.

I should do this shit. Most of my family history is pretty clear cut, Irish and English. I do have a full blooded American Indian on my mothers side. Great, great grandmother, I believe ,but I have no idea what tribal affiliation. My grandfather on my mother's side was a mystery too. He grew up in an orphanage and never talked about his past. At times we've speculated that he had anything from american indian to mediterranean blood in him but we never really knew.

Tons of people are doing these DNA tests who think that they have Native American blood but they have 0% Native blood.

Your grandfather was probably brought up in a boarding school,which the elders wont ever really talk about it for what they were put through.

I mean just imagine they take you from your home,take your name ,your heritage,beat you repeatedly for using your own language.

You get sick and die you are buried out back with the other sick kids and your parents wont ever hear from you again.

Just given an opinion based on what you said about your grandfather and the possibility of him being native american.

I am 4% Russian

When did the Russian and Melanasian DNA got mixed with your family tree?

Oh and based on your post about different peoples of India and Pakistan the Kashmiri people looks more European than Asian.

My last name is Ramirez and both my dad's parents were born in Puerto Rico. All my life I have been claiming Hispanic/Latino on government paperwork. Then I find out I'm more Italian then anything. I feel like such a dick head. I've been lying to the government for years. What a maroon I've been.

I gave my dad a hard time about me possibly being the mail man's kid for a day before he told me to layoff but man when I got those results I was like what the fuck? If i didn't look exactly like him in his year book photos I world have been like ok something is up but I'm his doppleganger when he was young. Also his sister who was born in Puerto Rico had very high Italian but honestly who doesn't want to bang Puerto Rican so I understand

IMG

My last name is Ramirez and both my dad's parents were born in Puerto Rico. All my life I have been claiming Hispanic/Latino on government paperwork. Then I find out I'm more Italian then anything. I feel like such a dick head. I've been lying to the government for years. What a maroon I've been.

I gave my dad a hard time about me possibly being the mail man's kid for a day before he told me to layoff but man when I got those results I was like what the fuck? If i didn't look exactly like him in his year book photos I world have been like ok something is up but I'm his doppleganger when he was young. Also his sister who was born in Puerto Rico had very high Italian but honestly who doesn't want to bang Puerto Rican so I understand

IMG

What does the name Ramirez mean?

This stuff is interesting but I dunno if it's $100 interesting...

Plus, the "1-drop rule" is free.

What does the name Ramirez mean?

Apparently it's Spanish for "Italian Sluts".

Nah actually this is North America. Last names don't mean anything\I don't really know.

Back