I got back my DNA ancestry results !

This is probably the Whitest thing since White came to all the other towns and made them White.

Never got one done because I don't like private companies having my DNA.

i'm already mixed. don't need to know even more races/nationalities to add to my stew. it's difficult enough filling out forms where one day i'll pick hispanic, another day i'll pick asian, and a third day i'll pick other.

plus i have doubts on the accuracy of dna tests that supposedly trace lineage.
The DNA tests are on the spot. I know people with some weird ancestries and it nailed it.

Yeah. My Great Great Grandpa on my Dad's side that came to the U.S. in the 1860's and stacked land was 1/4. After that everybody started having kids with European immigrants once in the States.

My mother is almost 100% French Canadian, but is a 4th generation American and she supposedly has 1/32 of Native American in her too.

How can your mother be 100% French Canadian if she is 4th generation ???

im surprised on how many people buy into this

LOL AIN'T NO COUNTRY I EVER HEARD OF.

THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN LOL?!

I'm mostly made out of flour with high level of carbohydrates.

With two parents from India, I figured that would be my biggest DNA lineage - WRONG.

I am only 35% Dravidian (indigenous Indian)
I am 4% Russian
I am 6% Melanesian (islands northeast of Australia)

The one that really stands out is that I am 55% from the border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan. I suppose it makes sense since my family is much bigger built and fairer skinned than most other Indians.

Either way, it's really crazy to think that somewhere along the line some guy from Russia and Melanesia made their way into our family tree. Just thought I would share.

That is really cool. Those tests are completely worth it. Everyone should do it (at least Americans should since we are so mixed ethnically).

It just worked out that everybody from her Great Grandparents down on all sides were pure French Canadian.

Interesting. I knew that there had been massive emigration to New England, but I always figured that they integrated quite fast.

Did your mom grow up in a very thight community or something ?

Also, was anything of that culture passed on to you, like language, songs, etc. ?

I am curious.

Interesting. I knew that there had been massive emigration to New England, but I always figured that they integrated quite fast.

Did your mom grow up in a very thight community or something ?

Also, was anything of that culture passed on to you, like language, songs, etc. ?

I am curious.

There were a lot of French Canadians that immigrated to Upper Michigan where I am from, but they aren't the majority of European immigrants. Once the Cornish established the Iron Ore mines it was a European melting pot of German, French, Irish, Italian and later on the Finnish (Who are now make up the largest group of people with European heritage up here)

I used to say goodbye and hello to my Grandparents in French, but everybody was 100% Americanized without much emphasis on their old countries culture. It was basically just dumb luck that my Mother ended up being a pure bread.

There were a lot of French Canadians that immigrated to Upper Michigan where I am from, but they aren't the majority of European immigrants. Once the Cornish established the Iron Ore mines it was a European melting pot of German, French, Irish, Italian and later on the Finnish (Who are now make up the largest group of people with European heritage up here)

I used to say goodbye and hello to my Grandparents in French, but everybody was 100% Americanized without much emphasis on their old countries culture. It was basically just dumb luck that my Mother ended up being a pure bread.

May I ask what town in the UP? I am a troll/fudger to you.

got mine back today

33.3%red
33.3%white
.1%and
33.3%blue

that one commercial really bothers me.

The guy thought he was german for years and then he found out he was scottish. Like how don't you know that? Im a 3rd generation american and I can track all of my great grandparents back to where they came from. this guy in the commercial has to be only 2nd generation.....

I realize maybe the guys family has been in the states for a lot longer than mine, but still

I'm made of protons, neutrons and electrons.

Will you next pay to have a star named after you?

i had one done and no real surprises except it said i was %4 north caucasus (chechen, avar, dagistani, etc.) thought that was really interesting

Back