Hypocrisy of the Conor boxing critics...

One of the most ignorant, racist and idiotic statements made in combat sports was when Mayweather said, "Whites can't succeed in boxing, so they invented UFC". - Obviously wrong and racist on so many levels.

I think people confuse racial discussions with racism.

It's one thing to say blacks dominate boxing because they have physical abilities that help them to succeed. It's another thing to say a white guy CAN'T succeed in boxing. One statement is based on evidence.. the other is an assumption.

Any time you get into absolutes that is the mistake.

Conor had to run from Nate because Nate conserved energy versus Conor...

This is why cardio guys want to fight Conor.. because Conor is smart enough and has big enough balls to actually fight.. unlike most guys who would stand around waiting for the other guy to do something. This is why Conor is so entertaining and it's why others can't do what he does. He makes it look easy most the time. But uneducated fans don't realize this.. and nearly all MMA fans are uneducated it seems.

Wait... are you suggesting that Nate doesn't have "big enough balls to actually fight"?

... and then you wanna talk about people being uneducated fans?

(And, dammit... it was Conor who avoided the fight the second time around against Nate. I'm not criticizing that tactic. It won him the fight. But I'm not inclined to let you just spin it ass backwards, either.)

Wait... are you suggesting that Nate doesn't have "big enough balls to actually fight"?

... and then you wanna talk about people being uneducated fans?

(And, dammit... it was Conor who avoided the fight the second time around against Nate. I'm not criticizing that tactic. It won him the fight. But I'm not inclined to let you just spin it ass backwards, either.)

So are you really telling me you didn't see Nate run from Conor the first 2 rounds of both their fights? Then Floyd did the exact same thing? All a big coincidence right?

So are you really telling me you didn't see Nate run from Conor the first 2 rounds of both their fights? Then Floyd did the exact same thing? All a big coincidence right?

Dear God. What are you watching? Neither guy ran in the least. Nate got dropped three times in two rounds standing in the pocket with Conor. Floyd stood in front of Conor in those first 3 rounds more than he has stood in front of his last 10 opponents over 120 rounds combined.

How drunk do you get on fight nights, anyway?

At this point you Conor haters are just spewing non sense with no regard for reality
2vhvjer.gif

2eogw0n.gif

3500aac.gif

When fresh Conor was significantly faster then Floyd, despite being "omzg 20lbs bigger"

When fresh Conor was the far superior athlete to Floyd

And Conor had enough incredible boxing skill and fight IQ himself to still contend against a 49-0 Floyd in boxing while only being 0-0. Thats mind blowing. Conor ONLY lost to INexperience

Conor haters are running wild and spewing delusional bullshit, so obnoxiously, just letting out all that pent up hate and frustration from being proven wrong again and again about all his MMA fights. It took a 49-0 boxer in boxing for you haters to finally get what youve been desperatly waiting for. You want a cookie. BUT the truth is Conor did amazingly well at 0-0 against a 49-0 boxer...and thats a testament to just how supeior of an athlete Conor was and how much legit boxing skill Conor actually had...INexperience and cardio was Conor's only downfall. Conor isnt getting the credit he deserves. The fact is Conor at 0-0 won 5 of 10 rounds against a 49-0 Floyd.

Suck it you Conor hating newbs. You guys claimed Conor wouldnt land 1 punch against Floyd. He landed 113

You guys claimed Conor wouldnt win 1 round against Floyd. Conor won 4 on showtimes own official score cards.

Yet to deny giving Conor any kind of credit you losers start making excuses

"Bu but Floyd the man who legally sucker punches to win just let Conor win rounds"

"Bu but Floyd the man who hates getting hit just let Conor hit him 113 times"

"bu but all apart of Floyd's grand master plan." Then I guess that proves Floyd is a better ACTOR then a boxer who can SCRIPT and carry live fights

You same idiots who believe Floyd "carried" Conor also believe in a flat earth and reptilian people too I bet

Fucking delusional mother fuckers refusing to ever give Conor any kind of credit. Sickening

Its you Conor haters who truly dont know shit about boxing

Conor hit Floyd with a clean hard (ish) shot exactly one time.

... which is why the gifs you've posted showing Conor's superior athleticism and natural boxing talent show him landing dick all.

Here's your homework: Go and spend 5 or 10 years watching fights. Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing... even watch some grappling and wrestling.

Then come back to this fight. Watch it closely. Pause. Slow motion. Repeat. Really close, like.

Talk your bullshit in the meantime, if you must. Just stick around long enough, and watch enough fights, to give yourself a chance to see it for what it is, one day.

Dear God. What are you watching? Neither guy ran in the least. Nate got dropped three times in two rounds standing in the pocket with Conor. Floyd stood in front of Conor in those first 3 rounds more than he has stood in front of his last 10 opponents over 120 rounds combined.

How drunk do you get on fight nights, anyway?

You can run backwards... which is what they both did. You are in denial... it's called the rope-a-dope...

You can run backwards... which is what they both did. You are in denial... it's called the rope-a-dope...

Except they both came forward.

Nobody's running here:

$

(But Conor sure is ready to run...)

You're literally a crazy person.

Running backwards is the rope a dope? wtf?

It is a type of rope a dope.. it's the same strategy - playing possum.. waiting for your opponent to gas while you do nothing... how hard is that to understand? Do you not understand how the rope a dope works?

Except they both came forward.

Nobody's running here:

(But Conor sure is ready to run...)

You're literally a crazy person.

Yeah.. after waiting multiple rounds until Conor had gassed.. Even Ali fought through the whole fight with Foreman..

Floyd didn't run he rope a doped. Even Foreman said Floyd did it. It's the same strategy as running.

I think explosiveness and power is more impressive than endurance. It seems boxing would benefit from going to shorter rounds like MMA. I think Cono would have easily beaten Floyd in a shorter fight as well.
He lost 8 out of 9 rounds then got stopped in the 10th.
Conor was easy work

Yeah.. after waiting multiple rounds until Conor had gassed.. Even Ali fought through the whole fight with Foreman..

Floyd didn't run he rope a doped. Even Foreman said Floyd did it. It's the same strategy as running.

Ali said he didnt even bother using his boxing against Foreman. Ali felt that Foreman wasnt skilled enough for his boxing and just Foreman wear himself out. Ali said himself post fight thay he was waiting for Foreman to show some skill but it never happened.

Same thing happend with Connor. Floyd didnt even need to use his skills. Floyd didnt even bother cutting off the ring. the contempt and lack of respect for McGregor's skills was glaringly obvious.
It is a type of rope a dope.. it's the same strategy - playing possum.. waiting for your opponent to gas while you do nothing... how hard is that to understand? Do you not understand how the rope a dope works?

Yes. We all understand that rope a dope refers to letting your dumber opponent wear himself out to the point of being a defensless punching bag as seen In Zaire and on August 26.

But playing possum and running? thats rope a dope now? those strategies have names. they're called "running" and "playing possum"

But im intrigued. Which figth is a good example where a boxer uses running to wear out his opponent? not dancing or footwork and ring generalship, but the running that Connor did with Diaz and Amir Khan used in the late rounds with Maidana

But im intrigued. Which fight is a good example where a boxer uses running to wear out his opponent?

I have never seen a fighter run backwards like Nate did versus Conor... I have never seen a fighter go so long without fighting back like Floyd did versus Conor early.

This is why both examples are so pathetic to me. The fights should have been stopped and Conor made the winner honestly.

Also, using what Ali said about Foreman is meaningless because Ali said tons of stuff that was bullshit. He is not like Conor who simply speaks the truth.

Are Africans/African Americans dominant in boxing because of their incredible skill? You hear this claim made constantly about Conor in boxing -- he can't compete because he's nowhere near as skilled as these other fighters.

Yet we all know why blacks are dominant in boxing and many sports.. it isn't because they are more skilled than their competition.

So why is Conor's ability in boxing gauged entirely by skill? Why do pro Floyd apologists all of a sudden move the goalpost to defend Floyd and talk about skill when athleticism has always been the benchmark in the past?

Is it because people assume because Conor is white he can't be a great pure athlete?

Boxing is a fairly diverse sport. Outside of America, whites are fairly dominant in sports.

Inside of it, depending on the sport not so much. White are taught they can't compete with blacks due to racism. A lot of them are also very privileged, and just don't simply work as hard. A lot of them don't put a strong emphasis on sports as a career like black communities do, just like black communities don't put emphasis on being a doctor like white communities do.

Most of it is societal. The black boxers have been very skilled. Some of them havn't been.

He came forward in the very first round. He went to the corner at the very beginning of the round, which isn't running. He went there and waited for Conor. He could have run; he certainly has the footwork for it. They spent the middle of the first round in the middle of the ring, toe to toe. And then Conor was going backwards by the end of the round.

The second round was spent in the middle of the ring, with both men standing in the pocket.

By the third, Floyd was coming forward and Conor was giving ground.

That's exactly what happened. What you're saying happened, didn't happen.

Foreman was talking figuratively. Foreman certainly doesn't think that Floyd literally rope-a-doped. That didn't happen. Floyd spent almost no time on the ropes. All Foreman is saying is that, like Ali did to him, Floyd offered himself up as a target and challenged Conor to hit him square. Conor couldn't do it.

As for suggesting that Ali's strategy against Foreman was "the same strategy as running," I'm sorry, but there's no other way to put it but to point out that you're an idiot.

And, again, Nate came forward from the opening of the fight... like he ALWAYS does. That's what got him put on his ass. If Conor gassed, it was from hitting Nate, not chasing him.

And I say IF because I'm more inclined to believe that what made Conor wobbly in the first fight and gun-shy in the second was getting punched in the face.

Boxing is a fairly diverse sport. Outside of America, whites are fairly dominant in sports.

Inside of it, depending on the sport not so much. White are taught they can't compete with blacks due to racism. A lot of them are also very privileged, and just don't simply work as hard. A lot of them don't put a strong emphasis on sports as a career like black communities do, just like black communities don't put emphasis on being a doctor like white communities do.

Most of it is societal. The black boxers have been very skilled. Some of them havn't been.

Exactly.

Poor young men box. If you're well off, boxing represents little more than an opportunity to get hurt.

If you are poor, this risk is balanced against an opportunity to get off of the streets, out of poor neighborhoods, and to stay out of prison.

This is more or less true around the world. It happens that in America, the poorest young men are often black.

I have never seen a fighter run backwards like Nate did versus Conor... I have never seen a fighter go so long without fighting back like Floyd did versus Conor early.

This is why both examples are so pathetic to me. The fights should have been stopped and Conor made the winner honestly.

Also, using what Ali said about Foreman is meaningless because Ali said tons of stuff that was bullshit. He is not like Conor who simply speaks the truth.

You're drunk. You're literally the only person who has ever said this happened. What in hell are you talking about?

So you're saying that they should have stopped the Mayweather/Connor fight in the opening rounds? That's like saying they should have stopped every single Joshua Clottey match after the first 2 minutes of each of his fights. lol

Maybe the ref should have jumped in and saved Floyd after the uppercut in rd 1

McGregor said his punch was so devastating that even Floyd's blocks would be useless. And guess what? McGregor had all the time in the world to prove it and you wanted them to stop the fight early lol

As for what Ali said about Foreman. Did you even see the post fight interview? Ali in his time was a pre fight promoter much the same as McGregor is today. In fact, McGregor has stated Ali is his inspiration for how to sell a fight.

But, post fight, when fights were over, Ali told it like it happened. He boasted when he won and he accepted defeat and offered no excuses. He even asked Larry Holmes why Larry whooped him so hard when they fought.

When you say Ali shouldn't be taken seriously because he's a BS'er and that Connor only speaks the truth shows that all you really know is McConnor

Last edited:
Back