Hypocrisy of the Conor boxing critics...

To be considered an elite athlete in combat sports, you simply need endurance. There's no way around it.

Doesn't mean that Connor isn't a good MMA fighter, just means he's lacking that one element in his game and we all saw it when Floyd was free to beat Connor's defenseless brains in.

A combination of glass jawed opponents, knowing how to use the clock, literally jogging away from Diaz, and maximizing his talents has helped McGregor stay on top.

We'll see if anybody in the UFC can exploit McGregor's lack of endurance as well as Floyd.

First things first. Boxers have endurance because they are trained for 12 round fights. Ufc fighters have three rounds, unless they are having a championship fight. It is a different sport, and ufc, would just not work with 12 rounds.

That was Conor first 12 round professional boxing fight. No way can you get to grips in a 12 round first time boxing fight. Just not going to happen.
I thought conor would last the whole 12 rounds because I thought Floyd was going to be defensive. The way Floyd pushed forward, there was no way Conor was going to last.

Most of Conor fights end quite early. Diaz is known for his iron chin and constantly going forward. Conor gassed, but recovered and won the fight. People are going over the top with this Conor running away. He beat Diaz fair and square, and I am someone who wanted Diaz to win.

glass jawed opponents? That is going a bit over the top and really an insult to the fighters Conor has beaten. He beat many opponents not for them having glass jaws, but because of the accuracy and precision of his punches. Not many fighters will be able to stand with conor in the ufc.

Again, being an elite fighter can mean many different things. Off course you have elite mma fighters. Off course boxers are better conditioned for 12 rounds because they train for 12 rounds.

That's a no brainer

First things first. Boxers have endurance because they are trained for 12 round fights. Ufc fighters have three rounds, unless they are having a championship fight. It is a different sport, and ufc, would just not work with 12 rounds.

That was Conor first 12 round professional boxing fight. No way can you get to grips in a 12 round first time boxing fight. Just not going to happen.
I thought conor would last the whole 12 rounds because I thought Floyd was going to be defensive. The way Floyd pushed forward, there was no way Conor was going to last.

Most of Conor fights end quite early. Diaz is known for his iron chin and constantly going forward. Conor gassed, but recovered and won the fight. People are going over the top with this Conor running away. He beat Diaz fair and square, and I am someone who wanted Diaz to win.

glass jawed opponents? That is going a bit over the top and really an insult to the fighters Conor has beaten. He beat many opponents not for them having glass jaws, but because of the accuracy and precision of his punches. Not many fighters will be able to stand with conor in the ufc.

Again, being an elite fighter can mean many different things. Off course you have elite mma fighters. Off course boxers are better conditioned for 12 rounds because they train for 12 rounds.

That's a no brainer

Good post. Except Connor literally ran during the rematch with Diaz. He turned his back and jogged away from the action.

It wouldn't have been so bad if he still faced Diaz and maybe and shuffled away. But he actually turned away and went for a jog lol

Maybe he saw an opportunity to work on his cardio because even by UFC standards, Connor has an empty gas tank.

They need to bring back 90 minute fights and tournament style like the 2000 Pride GP.

Last edited:
Good post. Except Connor literally ran during the rematch with Diaz. He turned his back and jogged away from the action. It wouldn't have been so bad if he still faces Diza and shuffled away. But he actually turned away and went for a jog lol

Maybe he saw an opportunity to work on his cardio because even by UFC standards, Connor has an empty gas tank.

They need to bring back 90 minute fights and tournament style like the 2000 Pride GP.

I am sorry, but I do not agree at all. It was not like Conor was running non stop all through the fight.

Conor won that fight fair and square. Diaz has amazing cardio and always moves forward. Thus was new to Conor, and he over came that.

I know Conor has a cardio problem everyone knows that, but to say he only won this fight because he ran away is a bit silly.

Are Africans/African Americans dominant in boxing because of their incredible skill? You hear this claim made constantly about Conor in boxing -- he can't compete because he's nowhere near as skilled as these other fighters.

Yet we all know why blacks are dominant in boxing and many sports.. it isn't because they are more skilled than their competition.

So why is Conor's ability in boxing gauged entirely by skill? Why do pro Floyd apologists all of a sudden move the goalpost to defend Floyd and talk about skill when athleticism has always been the benchmark in the past?

Is it because people assume because Conor is white he can't be a great pure athlete?

Wasn't quite sure what you were getting at here... then I kept reading and I was all like:

methodgetrs90q75x212y48w700h372ro0swoodleytyronufc.jpg

I am sorry, but I do not agree at all. It was not like Conor was running non stop all through the fight.

Conor won that fight fair and square. Diaz has amazing cardio and always moves forward. Thus was new to Conor, and he over came that.

I know Conor has a cardio problem everyone knows that, but to say he only won this fight because he ran away is a bit silly.

It's both. That win was perfectly legit. He did run when he was tired and/or hurt, though. That's probably what a fighter should do when he's tired or hurt. Live to fight another round. Maybe pull out a win. Nothing wrong with it, really. But it is what happened.

I never said Conor won the Diaz rematch because he ran. All I said was that turning his back on Diaz and treating the fans to an exhibition of MMA jogging is part of the secrets to his success

Last edited:
It's both. That win was perfectly legit. He did run when he was tired and/or hurt, though. That's probably what a fighter should do when he's tired or hurt. Live to fight another round. Maybe pull out a win. Nothing wrong with it, really. But it is what happened.

Conor had to run from Nate because Nate conserved energy versus Conor...

This is why cardio guys want to fight Conor.. because Conor is smart enough and has big enough balls to actually fight.. unlike most guys who would stand around waiting for the other guy to do something. This is why Conor is so entertaining and it's why others can't do what he does. He makes it look easy most the time. But uneducated fans don't realize this.. and nearly all MMA fans are uneducated it seems.

Conor had to run from Nate because Nate conserved energy versus Conor...

This is why cardio guys want to fight Conor.. because Conor is smart enough and has big enough balls to actually fight.. unlike most guys who would stand around waiting for the other guy to do something. This is why Conor is so entertaining and it's why others can't do what he does. He makes it look easy most the time. But uneducated fans don't realize this.. and nearly all MMA fans are uneducated it seems.

Conor isn't someone who fights smart. He is talented and a well rounded MMA fighter who can get in an opponent's head, but brains are not his specialty

He wasn't smart enough to manage his energy against Diaz, and he was foolish enough to waste energy taking Matweather's back over and over again in a sport where taking an opponent's back serves no purpose.

Makes me wonder if Connor automatically resorts to GnP every time his BJJ instructor pulls him into the guard during BJJ class.

He and his trainers also had no foresight, preparation or effective adjustments to make against Floyd's "Mexican" approach.

Floyd's constant forward pressure forced Connor to constantly throw resulting in fatigue. A smart fighter would have made the necessary adjustments.

Almost 10 years ago, Hatton employed the similar forward pressure style against Floyd, that Floyd used against Connor. The difference was that Floyd made the adjustments that Connor didn't know how to make.

Connor isn't an elite athlete. No speed, no endurance, no power.

Just good timing, precision and a God gifted talent for fight promotion.
At this point you Conor haters are just spewing non sense with no regard for reality
2vhvjer.gif

2eogw0n.gif

3500aac.gif

When fresh Conor was significantly faster then Floyd, despite being "omzg 20lbs bigger"

When fresh Conor was the far superior athlete to Floyd

And Conor had enough incredible boxing skill and fight IQ himself to still contend against a 49-0 Floyd in boxing while only being 0-0. Thats mind blowing. Conor ONLY lost to INexperience

Conor haters are running wild and spewing delusional bullshit, so obnoxiously, just letting out all that pent up hate and frustration from being proven wrong again and again about all his MMA fights. It took a 49-0 boxer in boxing for you haters to finally get what youve been desperatly waiting for. You want a cookie. BUT the truth is Conor did amazingly well at 0-0 against a 49-0 boxer...and thats a testament to just how supeior of an athlete Conor was and how much legit boxing skill Conor actually had...INexperience and cardio was Conor's only downfall. Conor isnt getting the credit he deserves. The fact is Conor at 0-0 won 5 of 10 rounds against a 49-0 Floyd.

Suck it you Conor hating newbs. You guys claimed Conor wouldnt land 1 punch against Floyd. He landed 113

You guys claimed Conor wouldnt win 1 round against Floyd. Conor won 4 on showtimes own official score cards.

Yet to deny giving Conor any kind of credit you losers start making excuses

"Bu but Floyd the man who legally sucker punches to win just let Conor win rounds"

"Bu but Floyd the man who hates getting hit just let Conor hit him 113 times"

"bu but all apart of Floyd's grand master plan." Then I guess that proves Floyd is a better ACTOR then a boxer who can SCRIPT and carry live fights

You same idiots who believe Floyd "carried" Conor also believe in a flat earth and reptilian people too I bet

Fucking delusional mother fuckers refusing to ever give Conor any kind of credit. Sickening

Its you Conor haters who truly dont know shit about boxing

Are Africans/African Americans dominant in boxing because of their incredible skill? You hear this claim made constantly about Conor in boxing -- he can't compete because he's nowhere near as skilled as these other fighters.

Yet we all know why blacks are dominant in boxing and many sports.. it isn't because they are more skilled than their competition.

So why is Conor's ability in boxing gauged entirely by skill? Why do pro Floyd apologists all of a sudden move the goalpost to defend Floyd and talk about skill when athleticism has always been the benchmark in the past?

Is it because people assume because Conor is white he can't be a great pure athlete?

Im sorry TS but that statement there was such an isnane racist statement on so many levels

Youre saying blacks have superior genetics which is the very definition of blatant RACISIM..

That was such an absurd statement you are even being racist the other way around too by basically saying blacks arent smart enough and are simply big dumb "explosive" animals

IF blacks are so "genetically superior" then why do so many black fighters need steriods and get popped for steriods? Literally every top black fighter in both MMA and boxing has gottem exposing and popped for steriods. Why is it such an on going pattern. Why do blacks need such an advantage if they are simply superior?

And just for your information, if you look at boxing's current top 10 p4p rankings, theres only one fully black guy there. Boxing is being dominated by Eastern Europeans right now

At this point you Conor haters are just spewing non sense with no regard for reality
2vhvjer.gif

2eogw0n.gif

3500aac.gif

When fresh Conor was significantly faster then Floyd, despite being "omzg 20lbs bigger"

And Conor had enough incredible boxing skill and fight IQ himself to still contend against a 49-0 Floyd in boxing while only being 0-0. Thats mind blowing. Conor ONLY lost to INexperience

Conor haters are running wild and spewing delusional bullshit, so obnoxiously, just letting out all that pent up hate and frustration from being proven wrong again and again about all his MMA fights. It took a 49-0 boxer in boxing for you haters to finally get what youve been desperatly waiting for. You want a cookie. BUT the truth is Conor did amazingly well at 0-0 against a 49-0 boxer...and thats a testament to just how supeior of an athlete Conor was and how much legit boxing skill Conor actually had...INexperience and cardio was Conor's only downfall. Conor isnt getting the credit he deserves. The fact is Conor at 0-0 won 5 of 10 rounds against a 49-0 Floyd.

Suck it you Conor hating newbs. You guys claimed Conor wouldnt land 1 punch against Floyd. He landed 113

You guys claimed Conor wouldnt win 1 round against Floyd. Conor won 4 on showtimes own official score cards.

"Bu but Floyd the man who legally sucker punches to win just let Conor win rounds"

"bu but all apart of Floyd's grand master plan." Then I guess that proves Floyd is a better ACTOR then a boxer who can SCRIPT and carry live fights

You same idiots who believe Floyd "carried" Conor also believe in a flat earth and reptilian people too I bet

Fucking delusional mother fuckers refusing to ever give Conor any kind of credit. Sickening

Chill out son, its just boxing talk.

I never said anything about Connor wasnt going to land one punch or not win one round.

If anything, I was curious about the fight and made no predictions because Connor said he was going to revolutionize boxing.

He said boxers were traditionalist trapped in some ancient stone age of combat. Connor said he was going to to deliver some Bruce Lee shit.

That was plenty enough reason to take him seriously given that he had some impressive work in UFC.

However, CONnor did not bring anything new to the revolution. He did not bring any Bruce Lee shit. Instead, he gave Floyd the opportunity to finally deliver a fan friendly boxing match and score his first legit KO in nearly a decade.

Connor McGregor was awarded and won rounds vs Floyd Mayweather and aside from a huge paycheck, all Connor got out of the fight was one of most terrible defenseless sustained head beatings boxing has seen.

Imagine the ref allowed Connor to keep hammer fisting Aldo when he was on the ground. Thats the type of beating Connor was taking. But at least he won a few rounds

I am not sure I go along with what you are saying . But the thing that makes me suspicious about McGregor is that, how could he be the greatest bullshit artist and snake oil salesman , and also be the greatest fighter , it would just be too unlikely

I am not sure I go along with what you are saying . But the thing that makes me suspicious about McGregor is that, how could he be the greatest bullshit artist and snake oil salesman , and also be the greatest fighter , it would just be too unlikely

How do you fake being a great fighter?

Youre saying blacks have superior genetics which is the very definition of blatant RACISIM..

That was such an absurd statement you are even being racist the other way around too by basically saying blacks arent smart enough and are simply big dumb "explosive" animals

I didn't say blacks were superior in all sports. I think it's just certain sports that fit their racial strengths... is saying different races have different strengths racist? I don't think so in the slightest... it's just about adaptation. For example.. is it racist to say a nordic person will do better in a sporting event in a cold environment?

2vhvjer.gif

2eogw0n.gif

3500aac.gif

Oh look Boxingislife is back

I didn't say blacks were superior in all sports. I think it's just certain sports that fit their racial strengths... is saying different races have different strengths racist? I don't think so in the slightest... it's just about adaptation. For example.. is it racist to say a nordic person will do better in a sporting event in a cold environment?

One of the most ignorant, racist and idiotic statements made in combat sports was when Mayweather said, "Whites can't succeed in boxing, so they invented UFC". - Obviously wrong and racist on so many levels.

Saying different races have different strengths can be racist IMO. Example - Mayweather's statement above. He implies that Caucasian people can't box so they invented a sport more suited to their racial abilities.

I don't believe a Nordic person does better in a cold weather sport. However, I do believe a Nordic person would be better prepared for the cold climate the sport takes place in, than a tropical person would. Just like terrorists would be the best at Camel Drifting because they're always in the desert and simply more adapted to the heat.

A real boxing trainer could make him into a champion. In boxing.

Too late to the sport, he'd get wrecked trying to get a legitimate ranking. Brittle hands Floyd had him on the verge of a KO/TKO , the young guns will murda him.

2vhvjer.gif

2eogw0n.gif

3500aac.gif

What are these gifs supposed to show -- that Floyd is simply evading Conor's amateur pawing and flailing? You see that Floyd is simply evading, right? When you see Floyd's head whip back, that's Floyd evading, not Conor scoring. OMFG.

What are these gifs supposed to show -- that Floyd is simply evading Conor's amateur pawing and flailing? You see that Floyd is simply evading, right? When you see Floyd's head whip back, that's Floyd evading, not Conor scoring. OMFG.

I think the guy was trying to show that McGregor had superior speed, power and technique. (LOL)

Back