Hypocrisy of the Conor boxing critics...

Then you've turned a blind eye to it...Lloyd himself laughably said he'd "fight" in the octagon. Boxing fans are ensconced in the fantasy that punching magically negates all other aspects of fighting.

Two different sports...and one is light years closer to fighting than the other.

So what?

They competed in a BOXING match.

You think the losing team in the Superbowl feels better about their loss because "Well... but a football game isn't like a real fight, though!"?

Did Conor really go out and lose a boxing match as some sort of proof that boxing wasn't real fighting?

What are you on about?

Bill Murray -

"Conor doesn't just make shit up like this. Ali did. He would call other black guys uncle Tom's.. the African's in Africa for the Foreman fight thought Foreman was white Ali said so much BS about him. Conor really tells it more like it is. Conor will use hyperbole.. but he doesn't just make stuff up.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.. You have a point that Connor is about hyperbole. The "dancing monkeys" comment wasn't his version of calling the blacks in Rocky 3 a bunch of Uncle Tom's. It was just hyperbole.

Maybe you should also do as he and simply tell it like it is. No more grasping at straws that the fight should have been stopped in the 2nd round or any of that nonsense. Tell it like is it and agree that at the end of the day, Connor got his brains beat in.

A lot of fighters just lie as a form of trash talk to get in guys heads.. Nate does this "he's on steroids". Floyd did this "I offered to bet my whole purse. I didn't train for the fight. I won't take a step back."

Conor doesn't just make shit up like this. Ali did. He would call other black guys uncle Tom's.. the African's in Africa for the Foreman fight thought Foreman was white Ali said so much BS about him. Conor really tells it more like it is. Conor will use hyperbole.. but he doesn't just make stuff up.

Conor told Aldo that if this was a different time he'd be riding into Aldo Favela and colonizing it.

Except that the Brazilians were colonized by the Portuguese.

And Conor is Irish, and the Irish didn't colonize shit. The Irish WERE colonized by the Brits though.

And then when he was going to fight RDA he said that Brazilians didn't like RDA the way they liked Aldo because RDA spoke English, the language of the oppressor...

... except, AGAIN, it was the Portuguese who Colonized Brazil... so it's Aldo who speaks the language of the oppressor (Portuguese).

And, AGAIN, it was the Brits who colonized Ireland, so it's actually CONOR who speaks the language of his people's oppressors when he speaks English.

All of that seems to add up to some Grade A made up bullshit, no?

It has to do with boxing fans thinking that boxing = fighting.

Exactly! It's the boxing community that is trying to push the concept that Lloyd would also beat Conor in a real fight. They definitely sound like assholes who are under the delusion that punching magically negates all other aspects of fighting.

You do realize that as far back as 1994/1995 when Royce called out Tyson, most people understood that Tyson had a really good chance of losing.

FFS, people know that the guy who can kick, punch and wrestle has the advantage over the boxer.

People know even just the wrestler has the advantage over the boxer.

The discussion is about the boxing match where Connor got his brains beat in. All this talk of Lloyd vs McConnor in the cage will never happen. Floyd is too professional at his sport to even consider going into the UFC. Lloyd only signs when he is certain of victory and Connor was the last example of this practice.

Lloyd vs McGregory in the UFC or in some back alley knife fight is nothing but fairy tale fantasy talk.

Last edited:
How so?

That's like saying Conor would beat Marcelo Garcia in a BJJ match...a chess master playing checkers...

When it comes to pure unarmed combat...real fighting...MMA is light years closer than boxing.
NOBODY CARES about this style-versus-style bullshit. The discussion ended 15 years ago.

Here is the historical evolution of the "Conor versus Floyd in the street" red herring:

1. Conor fans and Conor say Conor will destroy old, small, retired Floyd in BOXING match
2. Nobody says Floyd will beat Conor in a BJJ or MMA contest because not relevant
3. Nobody talking about a real fight because nobody cares and not relevant
4. Conor loses boxing match by TKO. Floyd looks fresh as a daisy.
5. Denial and rationalization begins among Conor fans
6. Conor fans demand Conor get gold star for participation
7. Switch discussion to style-versus-style bullshit that nobody cares about
8. More bitching and excuses

NOBODY CARES about this style-versus-style bullshit. The discussion ended 15 years ago.

Here is the historical evolution of the "Conor versus Floyd in the street" red herring:

1. Conor fans and Conor say Conor will destroy old, small, retired Floyd in BOXING match
2. Nobody says Floyd will beat Conor in a BJJ or MMA contest because not relevant
3. Nobody talking about a real fight because nobody cares and not relevant
4. Conor loses boxing match by TKO. Floyd looks fresh as a daisy.
5. Denial and rationalization begins among Conor fans
6. Conor fans demand Conor get gold star for participation
7. Switch discussion to style-versus-style bullshit that nobody cares about
8. More bitching and excuses
Conor rapes Lloyd in a fight. Deal with it.

You do realize that as far back as 1994/1995 when Royce called out Tyson, most people understood that Tyson had a really good chance of losing.

FFS, people know that the guy who can kick, punch and wrestle has the advantage over the boxer.

People know even just the wrestler has the advantage over the boxer.
Spread this throughout the land of boxing further

The discussion is about the boxing match where Connor got his brains beat in.
Bias revealed
All this talk of Lloyd vs McConnor in the cage will never happen. Floyd is too professional at his sport to even consider going into the UFC. Lloyd only signs when he is certain of victory and Connor was the last example of this practice.

Lloyd vs McGregory in the UFC or in some back alley knife fight is nothing but fairy tale fantasy talk.
Conor destroys Lloyd in a fight.

So what?

They competed in a BOXING match.

You think the losing team in the Superbowl feels better about their loss because "Well... but a football game isn't like a real fight, though!"?

Did Conor really go out and lose a boxing match as some sort of proof that boxing wasn't real fighting?

What are you on about?
A majority of boxing fans are ensconced in the fantasy that boxing indeed is real fighting

Spread this throughout the land of boxing further

Bias revealed Conor destroys Lloyd in a fight.
A majority of boxing fans are ensconced in the fantasy that boxing indeed is real fighting

It's a fist fight and your boy wasn't as powerful and he advertised

Yes. Connor destroys Lloyd in an MMA fight. Maybe you destroy him too. I would choke Lloyd silly and I'm not even in the UFC. Congrats me.

Are you watching tonight's boxing match? McConnor can probably beat Canelo in a real fight. GGG though, I'm not so sure. He was a street fighter.

That would actually be a good real fight. GGG vs Connor. This is more interesting because it's between a street fighter turned boxer vs an MMA fighter.

McGregor vs Floyd in a real fight is a no brainier and not even worth thinking about or mentioning other than coping with McConnor's defeat.

Last edited:
It's a boxing match and your boy wasn't as powerful and he advertised

Yes. Connor destroys Lloyd in an MMA fight. Maybe you destroy him too. I would choke Lloyd silly and I'm not even in the UFC. Congrats me.

Are you watching tonight's boxing match? McConnor can probably beat Canelo in a real fight. GGG though, I'm not so sure. He was a street fighter.

That would actually be a good real fight. GGG vs Connor. This is more interesting because it's between a street fighter turned boxer vs an MMA fighter.

McGregor vs Floyd in a real fight is a no brainier and not even worth thinking about or mentioning other than coping with McConnor's defeat.
The boxers are beginning to acknowledge the truth.

GGG though, I'm not so sure. He was a street fighter.
Still some delusion.

The boxers are beginning to acknowledge the truth.

Still some delusion.

The truth was acknowledged years ago. even the Ali vs Inoki spectacle can be considered a recent example of boxer's being simply dudes who fist fight for money.

GGG has a wrestling background. He would cross over to MMA much better than McConnor's debut as human heavy bag in the sport of boxing

I do agree that McConnor would handily beat Floyd in the UFC. but that isnt saying much. there are 15 year olds in Thailand would cant wrestle but would probably finish Lloyd with their leg kicks much quicker than McConnor would with any of his skills

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back