How the hell is cain the first mexican heavyweight champion

So how far between generation do you have to be to be consider Mexican to Hispanic. Dont know if I asked this correctly. Please forgive me

It's hype he was born in California : I'm more Mexican than him I worked at del taco last year , and like 5 people didn't speak any English lol

TS is only going to prove 1 thing with this; that anything related to race on this forum gets to 100 posts before any other topic.

So as soon as someone is born in America, their ancestry goes right out the window, right? They're American, through and through even though they're family came from another country? Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

No need to get upset.

I'm speaking as a prime example. I love my Filipino ancestry, had some amazing Filipino fast food with my grandmother just yesterday, but I don't go around calling myself a Filipino-American. It's just dumb.

Reposting this because people are retarded.

Why can you people still not tell the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality?

Stipe's race is Caucasian.
Stipe's ethnicity is Croatian.
Stipe's nationality is American.
This makes Stipe a Croatian American.

Cain's race is Latino/Hispanic
Cain's ethnicity is Mexican
Cain's nationality is American
This makes Cain a Mexican American

The only Americans are Native Americans. Everyone else here came from people who immigrated to America from some other country. Where you're born does not determine what you are, it determines your nationality. Those are two completely different things and you know it.

If Jon Jones' mom moved to Japan, then gave birth to Jon in Japan and they lived there ever since, Jon Jones would be just as Japanese as Stipe is American. Would you call Jon Japanese? No, you know you wouldn't. Stfu with this idiotic, PC garbage already.

Latino/hispanic as a race LOL

Immigrants can't win in this country. A girl of Indian descent wins Miss America and is criticized for not being a real American. Then you have people born here saying they are ______-American and they are criticized and called American and their love for their country is questioned. It's kinda crazy...

And Cain was born in Mexico.....wait[/QUOTE

exactly this cains parents are mexican he is american no matter how many brown pride tatoos he gets. he can be proud of his familys heritage but it doesnt change were hes from. i mean if cain is mexican so is mitt romney because both there fathers were born south of the border.

Why can you people still not tell the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality?

The only Americans are Native Americans. Everyone else here came from people who immigrated to America from some other country. Where you're born does not determine what you are, it determines your nationality. Those are two completely different things and you know it.

If Jon Jones' mom moved to Japan, then gave birth to Jon in Japan and they lived there ever since, Jon Jones would be just as Japanese as Stipe is American. Would you call Jon Japanese? No, you know you wouldn't. Stfu with this idiotic, PC garbage already.

You're an idiot.

There is nobody on this planet more American than me, Our even Cain for that matter. We were both born raised educated work and live in this country. You think these "native Americans" just popped out of the ground here? They are no more American than any other American

Having Mexican heritagedoesn't make you Mexican. It makes you an American with Mexican descent. Otherwise most people would have shot 50 "heritages".

So how far between generation do you have to be to be consider Mexican to Hispanic. Dont know if I asked this correctly. Please forgive me

Are you asking at what point are you considered Hispanic and not/instead of Mexican? Some Mexicans are Hispanic and some are Native Americans (like the kind from the USA but they continued to migrate south beyond the current US borders).

Dat Pride tho

Would Jones even be given citizenship in Japan? If so, then yes. But it's pointless to use Japan as an example because it couldn't be more different than the US, or pretty much every country in the western world. If Jones' mom had him in the UK would he be considered British? Sure would.

Tito!!!
No but seriously. Ufc is growing in Mexico; so its good for the Ufc with Mexico in mind. Besides Cain is a badass mofo!!

^^^this^^^

Okay, so what Nationality is Brian Stann?

I swear ricco rodrigez won the heavyweight title like almost a decade before him. Can somebody explain?

I have to agree with you. There was a true Mexican HW chamnp before him!!!

nzehvq.gif

brock_lesnar_wwe_marichi.gif

oh wait! Ricco who????

/thread

also, we really shouldn't even care. Only reason I MIGHT care is my hopes that Mexican kids with great boxing bases learn how to adapt to MMA and we can get some killers in the UFC in 5-10 years. They SHOULD market MMA to Mexico. Mexico is a great fighting country.

Would Jones even be given citizenship in Japan? If so, then yes. But it's pointless to use Japan as an example because it couldn't be more different than the US, or pretty much every country in the western world. If Jones' mom had him in the UK would he be considered British? Sure would.

Would he still be considered black? Sure would.

He'd just be 'Black British' instead of 'African American.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_British

What if Stipe was born in Britain? Well, then he'd be 'Croatian British.'

What you just said only proves my point further. Nationality and ethnicity are not the same thing.

You're an idiot.

There is nobody on this planet more American than me, Our even Cain for that matter. We were both born raised educated work and live in this country. You think these "native Americans" just popped out of the ground here? They are no more American than any other American

Having Mexican heritagedoesn't make you Mexican. It makes you an American with Mexican descent. Otherwise most people would have shot 50 "heritages".

I'd reply to you seriously, but there's obviously no helping someone like you.

Ease up there, big guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back