How the hell is cain the first mexican heavyweight champion

I'd reply to you seriously, but there's obviously no helping someone like you.

Ease up there, big guy.

From now on, I'm going to consider Brian Stann to be American Japanese.

ricco is Puerto rican hes not even Mexican. racist thread.

Would he still be considered black? Sure would.

He'd just be 'Black British' instead of 'African American.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_British

What if Stipe was born in Britain? Well, then he'd be 'Croatian British.'

What you just said only proves my point further. Nationality and ethnicity are not the same thing.

you and them are all saying the same thing, though you don't seem to know it. that "race" is a social construct. it's meaningless as a technical term, and it's not used in science.

but socially, there are very powerful reasons and motivations for defining race. and these definitions change over time.

white Americans today seem to want to pretend like everyone was born the same, and forget the past. like this:

reverse-racism-cartoon2.png

they claim there is no racism, yet it's their insistent and angry denials that get these threads to 100 posts before any other topic around here. i suppose they think they are just "defending" anti-racism. again, like the cartoon.

awell. will anyone learn anything in this thread? nope. just a lot of bickering, like all race threads on sherdog. but i hope ya'll enjoyed the cartoon!!! cheers.

Reposting this because people are retarded.

Why can you people still not tell the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality?

Stipe's race is Caucasian.
Stipe's ethnicity is Croatian.
Stipe's nationality is American.
This makes Stipe a Croatian American.

Cain's race is Latino/Hispanic
Cain's ethnicity is Mexican
Cain's nationality is American
This makes Cain a Mexican American

The only Americans are Native Americans. Everyone else here came from people who immigrated to America from some other country. Where you're born does not determine what you are, it determines your nationality. Those are two completely different things and you know it.

If Jon Jones' mom moved to Japan, then gave birth to Jon in Japan and they lived there ever since, Jon Jones would be just as Japanese as Stipe is American. Would you call Jon Japanese? No, you know you wouldn't. Stfu with this idiotic, PC garbage already.

By your reasoning there are no Americans at all since they are Asians who migrated to America several thousand years before the rest of us. They are no more American than I am Japanese.

Even though Mexican is a horrible grouping for ethnicity since there are such varying degrees of Caucasian Spaniard mixed in that someone of Mexican ethnicity could be pureblood Mayan or whiter than I am.

My wife is Mexican and looks more like I'd expect a native American to look like (which is pretty cool), but her brother's 100% Mexican kids have blue eyes and the same hair color as I do.

Seriously, everyone spends way too much time caring about this nonsense.

By your reasoning there are no Americans at all since they are Asians who migrated to America several thousand years before the rest of us. They are no more American than I am Japanese.

Even though Mexican is a horrible grouping for ethnicity since there are such varying degrees of Caucasian Spaniard mixed in that someone of Mexican ethnicity could be pureblood Mayan or whiter than I am.

My wife is Mexican and looks more like I'd expect a native American to look like (which is pretty cool), but her brother's 100% Mexican kids have blue eyes and the same hair color as I do.

See post #30, champ.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/91494231-post30.html

Any thread about cain needs this. why can he fight with a Racist gang related Tattoo on his chest but KOTC banned a guy for having White Pride lightning bolts?

Don't tell me it's not Racist Brown Pride is a gang with over 25,000 members in California alone

Ricco Rodriguez was the first. It's all just marketing

this man gets it right. also you people do realize on official government documents in mexico the majority of Mexicans are considered white despite there skin tone because the majority of the current day Mexicans descend from the Spanish who are European. you may not like the explanation but that doesnt change its validity.

also to be fair mexican is not an ethnicity or a race it is a nationality so no cain isnt mexican and to say he is descended from a mexican bloodline is even disingenuous at best because of the spanish settlers that populated mexico coming from european stock as i mentioned earlier.

you and them are all saying the same thing, though you don't seem to know it. that "race" is a social construct. it's meaningless as a technical term, and it's not used in science.

but socially, there are very powerful reasons and motivations for defining race. and these definitions change over time.

white Americans today seem to want to pretend like everyone was born the same, and forget the past. like this:

they claim there is no racism, yet it's their insistent and angry denials that get these threads to 100 posts before any other topic around here. i suppose they think they are just "defending" anti-racism. again, like the cartoon.

awell. will anyone learn anything in this thread? nope. just a lot of bickering, like all race threads on sherdog. but i hope ya'll enjoyed the cartoon!!! cheers.

There is still racism, and people like you are the biggest racist of all. That's a pretty racist cartoon to be allowed on here. You realize that this insults white people right? If it were insulting black people, most of you liberals would be throwing a huge cry baby fit and the poster would be banned

Cain is from the USA, born in California. He's not a mexican anything. This is just as bad as Marcus Davis claiming to be Irish.

Since Mark Munoz and Brian Stann were born in Japan, that makes them Japanese, right?

Any thread about cain needs this. why can he fight with a Racist gang related Tattoo on his chest but KOTC banned a guy for having White Pride lightning bolts?

Don't tell me it's not Racist Brown Pride is a gang with over 25,000 members in California alone.

Or...

How come Cain gets flack for having "Brown Pride" across his chest even though he was born in the U.S., but it's okay for Brian Stann to call himself "All American" even though he was born in Japan?

just like Jon Jones is the youngest UFC champion ever. Vitor Belfort is actually the youngest champion by a large margin!

This is a gross over simplification. In certain areas of the world ethnicity actually strongly identifies groups of people. Japan is a great example where ethnicity and nationality are almost inseparable.

America is a great example of a country where nationality and ethnicity are barely related at all due to the very large amount of immigration from all over the world in recent times.

I was merely pointing out that Mexico, much like America, has had a lot of mixing in the last few hundred years and is a weak indicator of what someone will look like or what their typical phenotype will be.

I haven't been champ of anything for about 17yrs but thanks for remembering. :)

There is still racism, and people like you are the biggest racist of all. That's a pretty racist cartoon to be allowed on here. You realize that this insults white people right? If it were insulting black people, most of you liberals would be throwing a huge cry baby fit and the poster would be banned

glad you enjoyed the comic! cheers

I didn't know Cain was a citizen of Mexico. I thought he was an American.

LoL, he has terrible Spanish for a Mexican citizen.

Spitting some knowledge on these fools

This is a gross over simplification. In certain areas of the world ethnicity actually strongly identifies groups of people. Japan is a great example where ethnicity and nationality are almost inseparable.

America is a great example of a country where nationality and ethnicity are barely related at all due to the very large amount of immigration from all over the world in recent times.

I was merely pointing out that Mexico, much like America, has had a lot of mixing in the last few hundred years and is a weak indicator of what someone will look like or what their typical phenotype will be.

I haven't been champ of anything for about 17yrs but thanks for remembering. :)

Your AV says otherwise. Champ. :p

You're also the champ of making sense on Sherdog, but what I said still stands and you even agree to it in what I bolded.

Of course I was being extreme, but you need to remember, we're in The Heavies right now, the average IQ of poster in here compared to the OT has to be at least 10 points lower. They have idiotic extremes regarding whether or not Cain is Mexican, so I just hit them back with my own.

Back