How fast was prime Fedor?

He is still "fast" since it's heavyweight but it is obvious he doesn't have many of these explosions for the whole length of the fight. He can hit the "turbo" button but can't sustain it.

nope...you are entitled to your opinion...it might be wrong, but you're entitled to it...just like some people probably thought slavery was cool...or the earth is flat. that is their opinion also...but some people just have wrong opinions...haha
Yes, you are a good example of somebody who lacks the competence to assess the quality of your own opinions. Peak performance in common sports occurs in the 20s. You don't agree with this, so you are wrong.

age-of-mens-and-womens-beach-volleyball-01.jpg

He was fast, but there have been other HW fighters that had equally fast hands like JDS or DC.
What separates Fedor from everyone else is how fast he can move his entire body for a HW. I've always wondered what type of speed he has in regards to sprinting. Fedor always struck me as a guy that could have been good a lot of different sports, particularly football. He just seems like he would have been a beast LB with that type of quickness at 6' 235lbs

Sorry to say you going downhill physically at 35 is very very bad genetics...there is no way on earth a man should be going down hill at only 35..you should be at your peak or pretty close to it at that point...many world champions have been much older than that...fighting at the highest level. only times that is true, is when a guy hits that age, other things take over their life...a wife, kids, much more stress..they don't have the same amount of time train...or maybe you need some TRT...but one persons 35 is another persons 55...there are guys that are just as fit, strong, active at 55, than they were at 30..I know some...barring injuries, losing skills, is cause a lack of training or desire to train...as you get older, you don't have that same desire...I'm an avid bodybuilder and weight trainer...awhile back this guy I haven't seen in awhile asked me "dude, did you stop lifting" which is like a knife in the heart...but it made me re examine my workouts...i wasn't lifting as intensely anymore...or as heavy...you get comfortable and you go backwards...once I revved my training back up again, the gains started coming again.

And some people lose their reasoning and logic at 35. You are a PUSSY BODYBUILDER. You produce FAKE MUSCLES doing pussy high reps with moderate weights. And if you are doing max strength work, it ain't shit compared to doing MMA or playing a pro sprot in your 40s. Those guys are an anomaly. Most PRO ATHLETES in their 40's rely on technique and experience and not their athleticism, because that shit is gone.

That dude doesn't have bad genetics. His body is breaking down from the decade of wear and tear. Anybocan be 55 and good shape and do pussy bodybuilding or strength workout, so don't compare it to what we are discussing.

Sorry for any name calling but bodybuilders are pussies.

War Fedor

As others have said, in terms of pure physical performance, age is a thing. People peak in their 20s and it's a slow decline after that. Things like speed, reaction time etc.

Those are hugely important in MMA and all sports, but of course they aren't everything. It's certainly possible that a fighter would lose a step in pure physical output, but might improve technique, strategy, fight IQ etc to compensate. Or even surpass their old athletically superior 25 year old self in terms of fight capability. I feel like this is more possible with MMA right now, compared to other major sports, because the talent pool is lower. In other established big money sports where kids have been doing it since they were 5, everyone is pretty honed by the time they are 25. So that physical decline stands out much more. You see it in the NFL/NBA/NHL. People don't really have better numbers at 35-40, though an ex-star might still be decent enough to hang in there at that point.

The other issue is that age is one thing, but training/fight mileage is something else. Athletes accumulate wear and tear differently. One guy might have had 40 fights, tough training partners, been in several wars and sustained several injuries by the time he's 35. He'll likely have a steeper decline than another 35 year old who went through his career more unscathed.

Lots of variables. Fedor's own coaches said he started to slow around the Arlovski fight. And he's certainly had his share of injuries.

And some people lose their reasoning and logic at 35. You are a PUSSY BODYBUILDER. You produce FAKE MUSCLES doing pussy high reps with moderate weights. And if you are doing max strength work, it ain't shit compared to doing MMA or playing a pro sprot in your 40s. Those guys are an anomaly. Most PRO ATHLETES in their 40's rely on technique and experience and not their athleticism, because that shit is gone.

That dude doesn't have bad genetics. His body is breaking down from the decade of wear and tear. Anybocan be 55 and good shape and do pussy bodybuilding or strength workout, so don't compare it to what we are discussing.

Sorry for any name calling but bodybuilders are pussies.

War Fedor

Oh ya, arnold trained like a pussy?? hahaahah you my friend are severely delusional and most likely was beat up in high school or somewhere by a big muscular dude...hence your anger towards them...most bodybuilders I know, are strong as f'"""ck...and you can talk about anomalies all you want...but nobody is an anomally..they just keep training hard and don't let family, stress, jobs get in the way..and that is what causes a downfall, not age...go watch some old videos of dorian yates or arnold train and tell me they don't train hard...and mma isn't harder, it's just different...using different muscles and more cardio...but saying it's harder is simply false...it's just different...

I grew up doing karate and then kickboxing....even got into submission wrestling...it's not harder...just different.

That shits genetic, his brother was fast as fuck too. I remember some interview where Fedor said Alex was faster and technically better but didn't have the discipline aspect of martial arts. Alex definitely had superior footwork, I've never seen a HW so light on the feet. Alex is the biggest "what if" of HW mma.

Very fast for a Heavyweight. But not quite mike tyson fast..

Cain was also very fast before many injuries

Tbh Tyson was fast but they are pretty even. Look at the Rogers KO... He through it right when Brett through his and literally just was that quicker..... This is all considering how Fedor was atleast 20lb Heavier than Prime Tyson as well who fought at 218lb

Tbh Tyson was fast but they are pretty even. Look at the Rogers KO... He through it right when Brett through his and literally just was that quicker..... This is all considering how Fedor was atleast 20lb Heavier than Prime Tyson as well who fought at 218lb

No... Not close to prime Iron mike. Come on man

Let me put it to you this way, around the Arlovski fight his coaches said he was slowing down. After the fight there were a bunch of gifs on Sherdog in slow motion of Fedor parrying shots from Arlovski that in real time people thought were landing, they were not. This is when he started slowing down. Prime Fedor had the fastest reaction time of any fighter I have ever seen and is in the top 5 for fastest hands WW and above. When Big Nog and Pedro Rizzo were asked what made Fedor so special they both said fast eyes/reaction time.

In his last fight while being even slower he threw three or four power shots in less than a second.

I remember the Crocop fight when Fedor blocked a body kick with his shin, and then countered another body kick with a low kick. That was crazy reflexes.

Edit, found em :

G4wiKEj.gif

Not fast enough to spot Ryan Bader loading up a lazy jab from the other side of the cage.

giphy.gif

Fast as fuck...Quickest hands in MMA IMO.
Big Daddy used to post on here regularly. He commented before this fight he was confident he had a shot. Afterwards he said Fedor had insane speed and power, even more so than the guys he fought in K1 at that point.

Back