How fast was prime Fedor?

this is wrong on so many levels, but I'll keep it short...the reason you can't do as many chinups as you could when you were 14, should be obvious...how much more do you weigh now?? as you get older, certain hormones get lower...growth hormone and testosterone...why are you not supplementing with those? aging is a disease and just like any other disease, it needs to be treated...if certain hormones are lowering, you treat it by bringing them back to normal levels...do that, and watch how you can once again perform as you did in your prime...going down hill in your 20's is something I do not believe...you are in your physical prime in your late 20s early 30s.. if you're losing muscle or skills, you're no longer training the way you once did....otherwise, I would get your growth hormone and testosterone levels checked...
In my experience, the preface "this is wrong on so many levels" is normally used by those having trouble supporting their assertion with facts. Every older performance athlete will tell you stories about a decline in performance, speed, strength, cardio, and post-exercise recovery.

First, to be clear, we are not saying you are over the hill at 30. What we are saying is that the peak in various performance indicators occurs at about 23-29 years. By your 30th birthday, you are going downhill in all the indicators no matter what you may wish to believe. Your suggestion that one should take TRT or some other PED is ridiculous.

nihms156120f4.jpg

nihms156120f5.jpg
nihms156120f3.jpg

tileshop_pmc_inline.html

don't be fooled into thinking aging is "natural" process...it's a disease...it's a disorder...something we currently don't have a cure for..some day we will...and just like when your sick and take antibiotics to treat it...why not take growth hormone and testosterone as you get older to treat that disease...while it's not a cure, it does significantly help...
Nice philosophy that is total bollocks. Aging is by definition a natural process. It is neither a disorder nor a disease.

I am assuming you take some form of TRT/HRT/juice, and this narrative is your sad attempt to justify it?

I personally think this was the last, GREAT performance of Fedor's "prime". The Arlovski and Roger's KO's right after this one were impressive but you could see Fedor was slipping a lot even in those fights. He became a wild headhunter who almost totally neglected his grappling after this fight.
he took rogers down in the first round with a throw, and spent some time on the ground and went for a sub from side control and lost position. he didn't neglect grappling at all.

Not as fast as you'd think.

I hear he only types about 17 WPM

This is so factually incorrect it's hilarious. An athletes prime is his early-mid 20's. By the time you hit 28-29 you are already declining. At 35+ you are basically done/running out the clock. It has been studied in depth.

The average age of an Olympic champion is 23 years old. You think all the 35 year olds that are supposedly "in their prime" are just letting the kids win? lol.

Thank you, Sir.

I did not have the mental energy to respond to that nonsense.

I can certainly still hit the gym and move big weight and bang out great strength and conditioning workouts... but would I be as dynamic and effective as an explosion grappler? No way.

Yet apparently, that means I have “very, very bad genetics”. Says the guy whose entire frame of refenerence seems to be lifting weights and bodybuilding. Because that’s the same as a combat sport, apparently.

Last edited:
Yet apparently, that means I have “very, very bad genetics”. Says the guy whose entire frame of refenerence seems to be lifting weights and bodybuilding. Because that’s the same as a combat sport, apparently.
Yes, I got the feeling this guy's focus is lifting rather than doing combat sports where speed and timing are so critical. I am also still very strong in the gym, and haven't lost too much of my 1RM in those cases where I am not injury-limited (shoulders for example). But there is no way I will take PEDs. The idea that aging is abnormal and we should all juice to stay 23 forever was comical.
<Y2JSmirk>

He was very fast in his prime and he still is very fast, so his brother. Their hand speed is epic for heavy guys

No, they don't. It's fucking biology.

This place sometimes, lmao.

STFU, MMA is not just about physical attributes, if it was then Werdum wouldn't have continued improving till close to 40.

Werdum was a better fighter between the ages of 35 to 38 than he was when he was 25 to 32.

You act like combine numbers would matter more in MMA then actual fighting skill.

Last edited:
STFU, MMA is not just about physical attributes, if it was then Werdum wouldn't have continued improving till close to 40.

Werdum was a better fighter between the ages of 35 to 38 than he was when he was 25 to 32.

Cool story. Too bad its bullshit.

Cool story. Too bad its bullshit.

Are you saying your opinion is Werdum was a better MMA fighter between the ages of 25-32 than he was when he KOed Mark Hunt and beat up and submitted Cain? Is that what you're saying? Cause if so you're the only one that would say that.

No, they don't. It's fucking biology.

This place sometimes, lmao.
Well, people don’t enter and exit puberty at the same ages, so it seems reasonable to assume that perhaps people don’t enter and exit their primes at the exact same times. Plus, confounding factors such as genetic and environmental differences, dietary and lifestyle differences, and just plain luck of the draw can account for why some guys have long primes and some short ones. For some, the drop off following one’s “physical peak” is slow and gradual; for others, it’s steep and precipitous.

The point is humans don’t age and degrade at the same rates or at the same ages, necessarily. Generalizations can be useful but not always very meaningful to any specific person. Like statistics which apply to everyone but to nobody in particular.

You act like combine numbers would matter more in MMA then actual fighting skill.
You can definitely continue to improve at things if you suck at them to begin with (this is the skill part). And you can offset natural decline in certain attributes with <cough> trenbolone. John Brzenk is an excellent example of slow age-related decline (in armwrestling). Let's look at the ages of UFC lightweight champions:

Pulver (26)
Sherk (33)
Penn (30)
Edgar (29)
Henderson (29)
Pettis (26)
RDA (31)
Alvarez (32)
McTapper (28)
Khabib (30)

Where are the 40-somethings? Shouldn't we see 40-somethings, and especially 50-somethings, in this list? You could just train forever, transitioning from boxing to wrestling to BJJ to sambo to Muay Thai. By the time you are 50 you should be unstoppable in MMA, right, because of your incredible skillset?

There is a skill lag in MMA because many people transition from something else (wrestling, Muay Thai, BJJ, etc). This gives rise to some offset in age. Obviously the peak age for pure wrestling is much younger than for MMA. It's one argument for MMA not being an "A-level" sport.

You can definitely continue to improve at things if you suck at them to begin with (this is the skill part). And you can offset natural decline in certain attributes with <cough> trenbolone. John Brzenk is an excellent example of slow age-related decline (in armwrestling). Let's look at the ages of UFC lightweight champions:

Pulver (26)
Sherk (33)
Penn (30)
Edgar (29)
Henderson (29)
Pettis (26)
RDA (31)
Alvarez (32)
McTapper (28)
Khabib (30)

Where are the 40-somethings? Shouldn't we see 40-somethings, and especially 50-somethings, in this list? You could just train forever, transitioning from boxing to wrestling to BJJ to sambo to Muay Thai. By the time you are 50 you should be unstoppable in MMA, right, because of your incredible skillset?

There is a skill lag in MMA because many people transition from something else (wrestling, Muay Thai, BJJ, etc). This gives rise to some offset in age. Obviously the peak age for pure wrestling is much younger than for MMA. It's one argument for MMA not being an "A-level" sport.

Where did I say in any of my posts that physical attributes don't matter at all? No where, so where are you getting this idea that I think age doesn't matter at all? Because I don't think that and never said that. But apparently you and Grover think that all that matters is physical abilities and that fighting skill doesn't matter. This idea that a prime is only the physical isn't something that most MMA fans think. Most MMA fans consider both physical abilities as well as actual fighting skill when discussing a fighter's prime.

Some fighter's prime is the exact same as their physical prime, some it's not. Werdum was a better fighter when he was physically on the decline cause his striking and ability to mix it up got way better.

Comparing the LW division to the HW division is also silly.

Last edited:
Well, people don’t enter and exit puberty at the same ages, so it seems reasonable to assume that perhaps people don’t enter and exit their primes at the exact same times.

Nobody said it was the exact same time. Early to mid 20's is a wide range. And almost everybody (everybody in fact) hits their peak athletic years in that time. Again, this is not just a subjective opinion. People actually study this and have determined it.

Equating "different ages" with "someone in their 30's" is just absurd though. Which is what the person I was responding too was trying to do.

Nobody said it was the exact same time. Early to mid 20's is a wide range. And almost everybody (everybody in fact) hits their peak athletic years in that time. Again, this is not just a subjective opinion. People actually study this and have determined it.

Equating "different ages" with "someone in their 30's" is just absurd though. Which is what the person I was responding too was trying to do.

You still haven't answered the question? Do you think Werdum was a better fighter in his 20s when his striking sucked ass or when he was KOing Mark Hunt and beating up and submitting Cain?

Back