How fast was prime Fedor?

But apparently you and Grover think that all that matters is physical abilities and that fighting skill doesn't matter..

At no point was I ever arguing that. I was arguing that someone's prime years are not when they are 35 (as that is what someone attempted to say).

The problem is you, and most MMA fans TBH, are equating success with prime. Which are not the same thing.

You still haven't answered the question? Do you think Werdum was a better fighter in his 20s when his striking sucked ass or when he was KOing Mark Hunt and beating up and submitting Cain?

because its irrelevant. Its a total strawman. See above RE: success vs prime.

Also the fact that you are using Werdum, a proven PED abuser, as your example is horribly flawed as we know that PED's can prolong athletes effectiveness much longer than they naturally would be able to sustain.

Last edited:
Lets put it this way, Chael Sonnen has been called the fastest white man alive, and yet he was still slower than Fedor.

Fedor is so fast he can turn off the light switch and be in bed before it gets dark. True story.

At no point was I ever arguing that. I was arguing that someone's prime years are not when they are 35 (as that is what someone attempted to say).

The problem is you, and most MMA fans TBH, are equating success with prime. Which are not the same thing.

Also the fact that you are using Werdum, a proven PED abuser, as your example is horribly flawed as we know that PED's can prolong athletes effectiveness much longer than they naturally would be able to sustain.

Asking you what your opinion is isn't a straw man. A straw man is presenting your argument as something similar to but different than what you actually said. I'm asking you what your opinion is and you are refusing to answer.

Asking you what your opinion is isn't a straw man. A straw man is presenting your argument as something similar to but different than what you actually said. I'm asking you what your opinion is and you are refusing to answer.

No, a strawman is when you misrepresent an argument into something else that is easier to defeat. Which is exactly what you are doing. I said a person's physical prime is not when you are 35 (an objective fact) and you have some how turned it into my personal opinion of Werdum (a totally subjective observation). lol.

Someone can be out of their physical prime and still be successful (especially in a sport like MMA) it doesn't mean they are experiencing their physical prime later in life than every single other person on earth. What I think about Werdum has no bearing and does not change anything.

Some fighter's prime is the exact same as their physical prime, some it's not. Werdum was a better fighter when he was physically on the decline cause his striking and ability to mix it up got way better.
I don't think anyone ever suggested that you can't get better at something past your physical prime. It's pretty obvious that you can. I think you jumped in here without reading the previous posts carefully. Where a few of us called bull$hit is when we heard the claim that age-related decline isn't a real thing, age is in your head, that sort of bollocks.

No, a strawman is when you misrepresent an argument into something else that is easier to defeat. Which is exactly what you are doing. I said a person's physical prime is not when you are 35 (an objective fact) and you have some how turned it into my personal opinion of Werdum (a totally subjective observation).
2054327406.jpg

Yeah, very few fighters use them, Igor and Fedor being the best at them. It's such a great style of punching cause you can transition to takedowns and the clinch so fluidly.
It also leads to alot of damage and breaks in the hands

He was always fast with his hands which is why he was able to get away with throwing the kind of looping punches he did.

Unlike most aging fighters he did not so much lose his speed, as his versatility. And of course, his insane reaction times slowed down (which exposed the gaps in his defense).

Last edited:
Fedor is so fast that Chuck Norris wouldn't even know what raped him

35 is still young enough to be in the prime years.

This is so factually incorrect it's hilarious. An athletes prime is his early-mid 20's. By the time you hit 28-29 you are already declining. At 35+ you are basically done/running out the clock. It has been studied in depth.

The average age of an Olympic champion is 23 years old. You think all the 35 year olds that are supposedly "in their prime" are just letting the kids win? lol.

This. Anyone who claims they have special genetics that allows them to bypass all known physiological changes for humans is clearly either retarded and or delusional.

The classic retort is "Oh sorry bro that YOU are declining and have shit genetics but im in the best shape of my life!"

No, they don't. It's fucking biology.

This place sometimes, lmao.

wow, the total ignorance with you is astonishing...so you're saying that everyone hits their prime the same, at exactly the same age? wow...just wow...exactly, sometimes this place is filled with morons...I could give countless names of fighters or people from other sports who didnt even start playing their best till their mid to late 30s...some dudes hit their peak early, and go downhill very fast...while others hit it much later and can maintain their peak for years and years...everyone is different...studies are based on averages...not individuals...

Nice philosophy that is total bollocks. Aging is by definition a natural process. It is neither a disorder nor a disease.

I am assuming you take some form of TRT/HRT/juice, and this narrative is your sad attempt to justify it?

if you don't compete in a sport, what's there to justify?? do you justify taking antibiotics when you're sick? and you can google many people that believe the "aging process" is a disorder....sure, it happens to all. but some creatures age very slow...the tortoious, or however you spell can live hundreds of years...the point is, while it is a natural process, it's still a disorder...that will someday be eliminated.

http://longevityreporter.org/blog/2...isease-and-it-is-time-to-recognize-it-as-such

In my experience, the preface "this is wrong on so many levels" is normally used by those having trouble supporting their assertion with facts. Every older performance athlete will tell you stories about a decline in performance, speed, strength, cardio, and post-exercise recovery.

First, to be clear, we are not saying you are over the hill at 30. What we are saying is that the peak in various performance indicators occurs at about 23-29 years. By your 30th birthday, you are going downhill in all the indicators no matter what you may wish to believe. Your suggestion that one should take TRT or some other PED is ridiculous.

nihms156120f4.jpg

nihms156120f5.jpg
nihms156120f3.jpg

tileshop_pmc_inline.html

why is it rediculous??? doesn't testosterone and growth hormone levels decrease as you get older?? then why is it rediculous to take it to get back to normal levels...haven't we seen how well trt works in mma? I have seen guys in their 70s, that take growth hormone and test that look 10x better than any younger dude...and aging is a disease that needs to be treated like any other disease...and if you try and tell me its not a disease, i will have to copy and past countless articles of experts now saying it is exactly that, a disease.

why is it rediculous??? doesn't testosterone and growth hormone levels decrease as you get older?? then why is it rediculous to take it to get back to normal levels...haven't we seen how well trt works in mma? I have seen guys in their 70s, that take growth hormone and test that look 10x better than any younger dude...and aging is a disease that needs to be treated like any other disease...and if you try and tell me its not a disease, i will have to copy and past countless articles of experts now saying it is exactly that, a disease.
With all due respect, I don't think we have much more to discuss.

His hand speed was tops and power to go with it. He used combos well, and hit guys like 6 times in the combos in the blink of an eye. Havent seen a hw with his speed.

With all due respect, I don't think we have much more to discuss.

nope...you are entitled to your opinion...it might be wrong, but you're entitled to it...just like some people probably thought slavery was cool...or the earth is flat. that is their opinion also...but some people just have wrong opinions...haha

Back