How fast was prime Fedor?

Chael Sonnen thought he would have a speed advantage on him, but afterwards, he described FEdor as the very very fast guy. He wasn't sure if he was fast, or fast for a heavyweight, and thought he'd have a speed advantage, but he didn't see his punches coming.

However, we all know that Fedor slowed down as he aged. His trainers I think even mentioned that too. But, Chael Sonnen who fought middleweights before is commenting on Fedor's speed at age 42. I think it's really hard to tell how fast someone is really just by watching the video tapes, but he must have been lightening fast period in his peak prime.

And speed kills. People talk like Fedor is a striker, but he is a grappler that trained since young in Judo and Sambo. I wonder how fast he really was. I always thought Crocop was fast, but I think in an interview, I think, I could be remembering it wrong, but Nogueria thought Fedor was the fast one, even compared to Crocop.

I am not sure like some people who think Fedor could have cut to the middleweight. He was like well built in his prime and pretty thick. But o n the flipside of that is, as you could see it with Chael Sonnen, there are middleweights who aren't much smaller than Fedor, and many light heavyweights like Bader who is probably equal to if not bigger than Fedor.

Extremely fast but to be 100% fair ... Chael is old himself ... so how fast is Chael's reaction time today compared to his reaction time when he fought Silva?

Must be genetic.. because I think Aleks had even faster hands

Its very Interesting because usually white people have slow twitched muscle fibers, are relatively stiff, and not all that explosive. Even wonderboy, hes just crafty. But Fedor and his brother literally have that If factor, and are extremely explosive, and fast for some big heavy guys. Its pretty unique.

Extremely fast but to be 100% fair ... Chael is old himself ... so how fast is Chael's reaction time today compared to his reaction time when he fought Silva?

lmao chael sonnen being any good at any point in his career

Lmao to think otherwise.

I'm not even a fan in fact I dont like him at all but let's be real the guy has had some great fights in his prime against a long list of legends.

He has some big names on his resume including lots of ex champs.

He was never the best but he was relentless and had extremely good wrestling.

Lmao to think otherwise.

I'm not even a fan in fact I dont like him at all but let's be real the guy has had some great fights in his prime against a long list of legends.

Only if u are a newb

Only if u are a newb

That's actually the reverse of reality.

Love or hate him you cant deny the fights that took place..

Simply put you look salty like he stole your pocket change...

Chael Sonnen thought he would have a speed advantage on him, but afterwards, he described FEdor as the very very fast guy. He wasn't sure if he was fast, or fast for a heavyweight, and thought he'd have a speed advantage, but he didn't see his punches coming.

However, we all know that Fedor slowed down as he aged. His trainers I think even mentioned that too. But, Chael Sonnen who fought middleweights before is commenting on Fedor's speed at age 42. I think it's really hard to tell how fast someone is really just by watching the video tapes, but he must have been lightening fast period in his peak prime.

And speed kills. People talk like Fedor is a striker, but he is a grappler that trained since young in Judo and Sambo. I wonder how fast he really was. I always thought Crocop was fast, but I think in an interview, I think, I could be remembering it wrong, but Nogueria thought Fedor was the fast one, even compared to Crocop.

I am not sure like some people who think Fedor could have cut to the middleweight. He was like well built in his prime and pretty thick. But o n the flipside of that is, as you could see it with Chael Sonnen, there are middleweights who aren't much smaller than Fedor, and many light heavyweights like Bader who is probably equal to if not bigger than Fedor.
{<goku}
Over 9000 at least.
Serious answer is watch the Nog fight. Fedor is a whole different level. He was completely beating Nog to the punch and that's where most of his success came.

Honestly Fedor was the fastest HW ever and people severely overlook how quick his punches are and how fast he was able to get out of bad situations.

For a HW he was fast plus he was on the small side. He sort of snapped at the elbows is what I saw where most people push at the elbows. I saw him in videos sort of showing him snap his elbows in punches while backing up and extending at the elbow. I thought maybe he trained his elbows, then he did it with the 45 pound barbell standing up throwing punches while holding the bar in both hands...sort of like an exercise to snap at the elbows again. HIs hand speed was very good in his prime. People were overwhelmed and would cover up.

TS has some goofy threads to his cred.

Watch his fights and tell us lol.

If i had to say...

Reallly fast.

545db852518d932f61e7355a960d657c.gif

Back